Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secret code?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Ive been on boards a while but only started posting lately.
    Began wondering how does a boardsie know another in the wild!
    will i unlock a secret handshake or catchphrase after 100 posts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

will ya stop shytin on and put yer bloody clothes on if you're having that pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Well, it's like this.

"There can be only one"!

If you spot a boardsie, you have to take 'em out. Not Ray Foley schtyle but decapitation style. Once you do that, you absorb their post count. Oh and if you spot one with multiple accounts, you gat a cool t shirt.

Godspeed my fellow traveler through cyberspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

my last thread was closed :/ im off into the wild 2moro night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Make this face :pac: and shout doleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like you're calling out to all of the jungle, and the boardsies will come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I always wonder if I'm on the luas with another poster...we could be anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Generally you spot them because they're wearing the boards.ie cycling jersey. But that maybe only applies with the cycling forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Don't look them in the eyes. You should always sit on the higher bar stool than them, so they know their place.

If they have tear drop tattos, they have been to prison and survived.

Bring doggy treats and do not wear abercrombie.

Bring your dole book for the laugh as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You will know when you see one. You'll just know.

Should play a spot the boardsie game. Similiar to the league of bastards but cooler.

maybe when on public transport we should cough then raise our hand after every stop, just so we can id each other?

• Advertisement

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    maybe when on public transport we should cough then raise our hand after every stop, just so we can id each other?

Yeah, let us know how you get on.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The only boardsies I spot are the female ones... And that's not because I perv through the Ladies Lounge Know Your Loungers thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I do this in the supermarket/ pub. I have an idea in my head from a username what someone looks like so might see someone and say hmmm bet that's *whoever*. I know i may require counselling in the future because of this.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

They'll come for you , when your're ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

Is this spot the boards user or spot the freak?

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I do this in the supermarket/ pub. I have an idea in my head from a username what someone looks like so might see someone and say hmmm bet that's *whoever*. I know i may require counselling in the future because of this.:)

They never look like I imagine, except hardonraging. He's easily spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd hate to meet someone who spends all day talking sh1te on the internet in real life. What a sad life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Are you from the Internet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ive been on boards a while but only started posting lately.
    Began wondering how does a boardsie know another in the wild!
    will i unlock a secret handshake or catchphrase after 100 posts?

That's kind of right OP, after 100 posts we get a secret code name and we tattoo it on our wrists in pink so other boardsies can identify us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Condensed milk. Although I fear I have said too much...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Generally you spot them because they're wearing the boards.ie cycling jersey. But that maybe only applies with the cycling forum.

I wear my Boards T-shirt around in the hope someone will recognize it, but then again, there aren't all that many "big" Cork posters like myself.

fcukin dub centric something or other.

Generally though OP, you'll recognise them as being ridiculously good looking, like Praetorian up there, he'll blind you with handsomeness.... it's how he wins the battle for the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

We're usually thinly veiled.....

Anyway... long story short she wasnt one of ours
    Thanks for the abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Some sort of shoe based signal should work.

Since most Boards users will likely be walking around with their head down, looking at the ground with shame.

Maybe poorly tied laces would be appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

There are about 630000 accounts on boards and lets define a poster as somebody who as more than 10 posts. For users starting with the letter a, there are about 4600 out of 28419 who would qualify, or about 16%. So assuming that holds across the rest of the posters then there would be about 100800 posters. Next about 67% of boards traffic comes from Ireland, so assuming that is representative of its user-base as well, that leaves 67536. The population of Ireland is about 4.4m so about 1.5% of the population would qualify.

When the luas is full it can hold 358 people, so there is probably roughly about 5 other posters on there with you.

Knasher wrote: »
    There are about 630000 accounts on boards and lets define a poster as somebody who as more than 10 posts. For users starting with the letter a, there are about 4600 out of 28419 who would qualify, or about 16%. So assuming that holds across the rest of the posters then there would be about 100800 posters. Next about 67% of boards traffic comes from Ireland, so assuming that is representative of its user-base as well, that leaves 67536. The population of Ireland is about 4.4m so about 1.5% of the population would qualify.

When the luas is full it can hold 358 people, so there is probably about 5 other posters on there with you.

and chemical burn is 4 of them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Well those boards.ie t-shirts some are sporting are a dead giveaway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Buy stuff costing exactly €3.50 in a shop, and you will know if the cashier is a boardsie.

Advertisement