Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how big is to big

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Saw four girls waddling along the road Thursday -flat shoes, no tights, tiny shorts with huge meaty legs slapping together -they didn't even realise everyone was staring back mouths open when the passed. I think luckily for them they didn't -horrified for them : 0
    Seriously mutton chops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Smidge wrote: »
    This is her.
    http://artmystic.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/kate-upton-beach-bunny-swimwear/kate-upton-runway-model-1/

Standard runway model(didn't go for the thinnest)

http://fabzz.com/cintia-dicker-bikini-on-runway-ss-2012-rio-fashion-week.html/cintia-dicker-08

Not to pedantic but in that photo her measurements put her in the plus size class of models

Anyway, regardless of size beautiful is beautiful..............
    "Did you hear that Kate"............

Calling Kate Upton a plus size model is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Edited, cos Ruudi has a heart man... and that was just to cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

you know your overweight when greenpeace has a boat following you about :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

This is her.
    http://artmystic.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/kate-upton-beach-bunny-swimwear/kate-upton-runway-model-1/

http://fabzz.com/cintia-dicker-bikini-on-runway-ss-2012-rio-fashion-week.html/cintia-dicker-08

Not to pedantic but in that photo her measurements put her in the plus size class of models

I have to ask... what did the girl in the second link do to her ribs?
    It looks like she had some of them surgically removed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Kate Upton is nowhere close to plus size. :pac:

I don't think you can judge somebody on their clothing size as an indicator of weight.

My older sister is a size 10, but is underweight. My younger sister is a size 14, and a healthy weight. I'm a size 12 on top and 14 on bottom, and still have to lose a stone (although personally, I want to lose 2). But tbh I don't give a fcuk if somebody calls me fat. I know I'm still overweight, but I'm quite fit, healthy, and I've already lost more than half of my entire body weight (used to be a size 24 and over 20 stone), so fcuk anyone who wants to call me fat. :)

BMI IS an accurate indicator. I exercise 7 days a week, for at least 2 hours a day. I do insane amounts of weight training. BMI is still a good indicator for me, and for every other average person out there. Let's not kid ourselves that we're muscle bound, pro athletes here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

the word is "too" big when there is another "o" in the title.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Kate Upton is nowhere close to plus size. :pac:

I don't think you can judge somebody on their clothing size as an indicator of weight.

My older sister is a size 10, but is underweight. My younger sister is a size 14, and a healthy weight. I'm a size 12 on top and 14 on bottom, and still have to lose a stone (although personally, I want to lose 2). But tbh I don't give a fcuk if somebody calls me fat. I know I'm still overweight, but I'm quite fit, healthy, and I've already lost more than half of my entire body weight (used to be a size 24 and over 20 stone), so fcuk anyone who wants to call me fat. :)

BMI IS an accurate indicator. I exercise 7 days a week, for at least 2 hours a day. I do insane amounts of weight training. BMI is still a good indicator for me, and for every other average person out there. Let's not kid ourselves that we're muscle bound, pro athletes here. :pac:

Congrats! :)
    I'm working my way down from a size 24/26, I've reached 18/20 now and still have a good way to go.

BMI is indeed a good indicator, but that's all it is, an indicator. It can give you a first idea that something might be out of line, but it doesn't really ever give you the full picture either.

As for Plus Size, I understand that in the world of fashion and modelling, size 12 and over is indeed regarded as "plus", ridiculous as that may be considering that these are still perfectly average sizes.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Congrats! :)
    I'm working my way down from a size 24/26, I've reached 18/20 now and still have a good way to go.

BMI is indeed a good indicator, but that's all it is, an indicator. It can give you a first idea that something might be out of line, but it doesn't really ever give you the full picture either.

As for Plus Size, I understand that in the world of fashion and modelling, size 12 and over is indeed regarded as "plus", ridiculous as that may be considering that these are still perfectly average sizes.

Jesus, keep up the good work. :)

I know over a 12 is regarded as plus sized, but with her measurements, she'd realistically be more like a size 8-10 rather than a 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

edit:
    added due to popular demand phallus sizes how big is to big?

shows it wasn't even a typo. I am not playing this asslowns game

Typo in a thread title, is disrespectfully careless enough but that really is to much. One in the eye for us all I think, no matter the weight

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Jesus, keep up the good work. :)

I know over a 12 is regarded as plus sized, but with her measurements, she'd realistically be more like a size 8-10 rather than a 12.

It might be a US size 12 that I was thinking of, not sure.

But even then, I've got clothes at home in at least 4 different sizes that all fit me. I find that size vs actual measurements seems to be very, very brand specific, and the more expensive, the smaller the measurements for the same size.

Shenshen wrote: »
    It might be a US size 12 that I was thinking of, not sure.

But even then, I've got clothes at home in at least 4 different sizes that all fit me. I find that size vs actual measurements seems to be very, very brand specific, and the more expensive, the smaller the measurements for the same size.

That's mainly because a lot of high street chains do vanity sizings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭armaghbhoy

The claim that Kate Upton is a size 16 has left me a bit confused about all of this, As I thought and still do think size 16 is alot bigger. A girl once told me she was size 16 and she certainly wasn't skinny like that girl Kate is.

So, the way I see it is, I don't mind a girl a bit chubby and a size 14. I wouldn't date any higher unless the size 16 looked like a 14, and it is possible because everyone is shaped differently. That also goes for the size 14, they may not all look chubby but instead have the weight in different areas. I've also met a girl that fitted into both size 14 and 16, but she looked more of a 14

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

armaghbhoy wrote: »
    The claim that Kate Upton is a size 16 has left me a bit confused about all of this, As I thought and still do think size 16 is alot bigger. A girl once told me she was size 16 and she certainly wasn't skinny like that girl Kate is.

So, the way I see it is, I don't mind a girl a bit chubby and a size 14. I wouldn't date any higher unless the size 16 looked like a 14, and it is possible because everyone is shaped differently. That also goes for the size 14, they may not all look chubby but instead have the weight in different areas. I've also met a girl that fitted into both size 14 and 16, but she looked more of a 14

Kate is around 5ft 10. Your typical 5ft nothing girl therefore looks very different at 'size 16'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

This is her.

She's no more than a size 12 at most. Not sure what point you're making...you think she looks plus-sized, but she isn't. She's nowhere near a UK 16.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

lkionm wrote: »
    If you can't lift her, don't shift her.
    If you can't hide her, don't ride her.
    if you can't hide her don't ride her;)

kinder bueno bet me to it
    When you can slap the a$$ and ride the wave :P
    When you don't have to hop over to the passenger seat to ride them.
    Pinewoo wrote: »
    "genetics".......... riiiiiiight.......
    fatties always say this.
    Mech1 wrote: »
    your "cruel hand" dealt you a cake or two along the way.
    shanered wrote: »
    Cant lift her, dont shift her!

Thanks all for the above comments. Their beyond moronic nature have resulted in the closure of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement