Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how big is to big

Options
  • 09-05-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

just wondering what size people consider to overweight?
    A&F say it is size 14

For me it would be size 16 and up for women
    and say a 36 inch waist for a man that is average height

I know size is different for everyone due to their own proportions so I am trying be be as general as possible here

edit:
    added due to popular demand phallus sizes how big is to big?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Size 10+ is pretty horrific imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Thought thread was about something else.

I am disappoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Consideration doesn't come into it. You are over-weight if your BMI is between 25.0 and 29.9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

If you can't lift her, don't shift her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When my scales says "One at a time please".

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

If your curves are convex instead of concave you should be melted down and made into soap a la Fight Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Thought this was about cock. I am disappoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

If you can't hide her, don't ride her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

lkionm wrote: »
    If you can't lift her, don't shift her.

if you can't hide her don't ride her;)

kinder bueno bet me to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When watching them eat puts you off your food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Who cares?

keith16 wrote: »
    Consideration doesn't come into it. You are over-weight if your BMI is between 25.0 and 29.9.

BMI is nonsense. Anyone with muscle ends up overweight and anyone with a Kenyan runners physique is classed as underweight. Both sets have very healthy people in them.

BMI only works if you are very average. I don't know what you should use instead though, body fat percentage maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

How do I get to big :confused:

I think, when you approach that point where it begins to overshadow and consume your own self confidence but then there is no definitive barometer nor streetsign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

discus wrote: »
    Size 10+ is pretty horrific imo

Trololololol.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gorugeen

BMI is a load of bollocks. Look up Brian O'Driscolls as an example of how flawed a measurement it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

donvito99 wrote: »
    Thought thread was about something else.

I am disappoints.

Me too! then again, just as well. I'm still in denial about how hideously small mine is.

Arcsin wrote: »
    BMI is nonsense. Anyone with muscle ends up overweight and anyone with a Kenyan runners physique is classed as underweight. Both sets have very healthy people in them.

BMI only works if you are very average. I don't know what you should use instead though, body fat percentage maybe.

Actually, for anyone outside a professional athlete or sportsperson, BMI is a pretty good indicator. Not perfect, but a decent rule of thumb. Yeah, body fat percentage, and where you are carrying that fat, are probably better indicators alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

When you don't have to hop over to the passenger seat to ride them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

BMI works for populations very well. For individuals, it's pretty useless. Body fat percentage is a much more useful measurement of where the individual stands. Personally, as long as someone looks healthy, their weight isn't really a major concern for me, at one end or the other of the spectrum. A healthy looking person is usually attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

When you can slap the a$$ and ride the wave :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Arcsin wrote: »

I'll have you know I'm extremely average thank you very much.

BMI works for populations very well. For individuals, it's pretty useless.

I reckon most people don't have the muscle mass or opposite spectrum litheness to make it useless. They might think they do, but it's unlikely for most. Touching on Arcsin's post, most people ARE very average, even the ones who do a bit of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I thought the national average size for women was a size 16, no?

I'm a size 18 and I'm a lot fitter and healthier than most of my thinner (and therefore considered healthier) friends - I am a regular swimmer of between 60 - 100 lengths and can easily run 10km without too much of a struggle, usually in about 55 mins.

I don't eat a lot of rubbish and I am never sick - and I am currently flying through my pregnancy with no problems at all.

I would hate to think people would judge me on my size and assume that I am unhealthy, unfit and lazy just because genetics dealt me a cruel hand. :mad:

keith16 wrote: »
    I'll have you know I'm extremely average thank you very much.

Eh..congratulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Silly thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Are those my feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

I thought the national average size for women was a size 16, no?

I'm a size 18 and I'm a lot fitter and healthier than most of my thinner (and therefore considered healthier) friends - I am a regular swimmer of between 60 - 100 lengths and can easily run 10km without too much of a struggle, usually in about 55 mins.

I don't eat a lot of rubbish and I am never sick - and I am currently flying through my pregnancy with no problems at all.

I would hate to think people would judge me on my size and assume that I am unhealthy, unfit and lazy just because genetics dealt me a cruel hand. :mad:

"genetics".......... riiiiiiight.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

gorugeen wrote: »
    BMI is a load of bollocks.

fatties always say this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

BMI works for populations very well. For individuals, it's pretty useless. Body fat percentage is a much more useful measurement of where the individual stands. Personally, as long as someone looks healthy, their weight isn't really a major concern for me, at one end or the other of the spectrum. A healthy looking person is usually attractive.

I feel sorry for people with ERM, lets say terminal Cancer, not because they have a soul destroying disease but because you and the like view the them as "ugly?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement