Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop cloud - yay or nay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jamesccp

Sorry scamalert i was replying to challengemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm fairly sure every photographer in the world that uses photoshop on a regular basis will disagree.

But please do enlighten me as to how you can do composites in lightroom? Oh wait, you can't. And that's only one specific thing I've picked out. Lightroom is not photoshop, and can't be substituted for it tbh. What lightroom is, is a convenient way to edit photos directed towards the masses who aren't bothered about learning photoshop or doing any major retouching. To assume it will suffice for every photographer is just naive.

Or maybe Lightroom is for photographers who don't need to composite or do any major retouching? You know the sort who try to get it right first time? Well, that's the view in pretty much every press centre I've ever been in...

On topic of CC, I don't really see anyone offering a viable alternative. €50 ex.VAT per month for the full suite and all the support is a pretty good deal IMO. Although, like someone above mentioned I'm not too fond of the idea of never owning the software...

Advertisement