Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A year to the day. 325ci ownership

Options
  • 08-05-2013 3:05pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well gents, this day last year I entered into 325ci ownership. In case you guys hadn't noticed, I may have enjoyed the last 12 months with it!

In terms of mileage, I've covered in and around 5000 miles in the year, I can't know for certain as I never took note of what it was on the day I bought it. But it's certainly close to that.

As for work carried out, I guess there hasn't been all that much.

Front and side indicator lenses replaced
    Rear lights replaced with facelift LEDs
    New pressed metal plates
    New BMW wheel caps
    New expansion tank filler cap
    Replaced the rocker cover gasket
    Serviced the car once back in September
    Rust has been sorted under both rear arches also

I think that covers it. As for the list of things to be done, its quite extensive, but its mostly preventative maintenance rather than any one particular issue that needs solving. I'll get around to them in August when I'm back in the country!

Any, here's the pictures from the day i got her, and then again from today.

Before

204117.JPG

204118.JPG

204120.JPG

After:

252975.JPG

252976.JPG

252977.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

After pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Aye, i cant seem um either

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bmstuff wrote: »
    After pics?
    Aye, i cant seem um either

Jaysis lads, sorry about that. I could see them fine, but how about now? Re uploaded them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jaysis lads, sorry about that. I could see them fine, but how about now? Re uploaded them?

Yurp. Fine car, that - I like the wheels. :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yurp. Fine car, that - I like the wheels. :cool:

Would you believe, that's the next cosmetic thing on my list. Want to change the wheels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Would you believe, that's the next cosmetic thing on my list. Want to change the wheels!

Heh - yeah, wheels are probably the most subjective thing of all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice car im just over 10 months with my new car already too, time flies when you are having fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

nice motor.

whats wrong with wheels ? nice wheels ... me thinks. maybe you could do refurbish if needed, but otherwise nice bmw wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why do BMW drivers have to gloat about their bloody cars?? Get over it!!!! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Why do BMW drivers have to gloat about their bloody cars?? Get over it!!!! :mad:

I cant understand this also, but i think thats probably only thing what they proud of. , maybe part of their lifestyle ...

let them be .

TBH i have nothing to be proud of.

Maybe shall buy BMW :pac:

• Advertisement

Mar4ix wrote: »
    nice motor.

whats wrong with wheels ? nice wheels ... me thinks. maybe you could do refurbish if needed, but otherwise nice bmw wheels.

They're replicas, and need a refurbishment. But if I'm honest, I just seem them on every second BMW, and they're a bit boring. Would love a set of MV3's or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

I agree :pac:

Needs moar mods Alan! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I agree :pac:

Needs moar mods Alan! :P

You're actually a complete and utter ape :D

Go read the chat thread ;)

Ah sure, asides from planning to replace the whole coolant system I don't really have any mods in mind!

New wheels...maybe
    New Exhaust...maybe
    Tax...maybe...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

So what's it cost you per km/mile? including everything...

rocky wrote: »
    So what's it cost you per km/mile? including everything...

lalalalalaalalalalalala not listening or ever calculating that :D

Mine costs me about 8e a day on petrol alone, even if i dont drive it. :D

Mine costs me about 8e a day on petrol alone, even if i dont drive it. :D

You should probably turn the engine off when your home...

No its cos if i dont drive it for a day I miss it, so i drive the fook out of it the next day = twice as much petrol burned :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Nice car! Where did you get the metal plates if you don't mind me asking ?

• Advertisement

Nice car! Where did you get the metal plates if you don't mind me asking ?

Eire plates i think? They're nice alright, really make a big difference to the car. I'll sell ya me old plates:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

Nice car Alan, love the drive on the 325ci really solid feeling on the road. The wheels are lovely too!!! Hope you get many more years of happy motoring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

very nice car, looks well. Only thing id change if it were mine would be the spoiler. Id probably have the lip spoiler instead.

Each to their own though and still a very nice car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Eire plates i think? They're nice alright, really make a big difference to the car. I'll sell ya me old plates:P

They do look better then the newer standard ones :)

very nice car, looks well. Only thing id change if it were mine would be the spoiler. Id probably have the lip spoiler instead.

Each to their own though and still a very nice car!

I thought the same in the beginning, but have grown to like it. It is OEM so it's not a skanger addon. It at least separates it from the run of the mill e46 coupes around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

oh yeah, don't get me wrong -don't dislike it and also now you mention it is oem -id probably end up keeping it then as well

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

but shure the tax and petrol, ye wouldnt want that now, sure go change that for a nice 316d with cloth seats and youll be grand, its only costs 225 euro and any shred of interest you had in motoring to tax you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

to me the pics just look like the car has had a clean and the quality of the picture is better

Its true Al hasnt done much mods but I think he also wanted to point out that having a car over 1.6 didnt bankrupt him after a year too ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Those tax payments are serious business though, paying 3 months myself next week and it ain't pretty

Advertisement