Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will you live?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

COYVB wrote: »
    Why? 85 years is more than long enough. Soon as I can't look after myself I'd rather be put down tbh
    The point I was trying to convey in mentioning lifestyle was not only about life expectancy, but the enhanced quality of life I hope we might enjoy at 85, compared to our forbears.

It will be very disappointing if, despite all the advances in nutrition, lifestyle and medical science, if I am the mirror image of my Grandparents at 80 or 90 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Apparently 85 to 91 depending on a bit of luck and lifestyle tweaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I got 80.6 :pac:

The eldest of my grandparents lived till she was 60, the rest all died young. I'm lucky to have my folks still around, but based on the untimely deaths of most of my immediate family I can't see myself living to 80.

My mothers father died when he was 27, no accident, no apparent illness, natural causes from what we know. That really scares me!

Advertisement