Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH FOOK !! They came early this year!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They won't harm you!
    Well not while you are awake anyway.
    When you go to bed and fall asleep then who knows what they'll get up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Its not the fear of what there going to do lol. Its just the look of them how they move and the always seem to end up in places that **** u over the most!!.

I dunno how many times ive been on the jacks and found one under the sink right in front of me or been in bed and all sudden theres one right over me in corner of my room or in the lamp shade there ****ers :P.

I woke up one morning to find one crawling over the bottom of my bed before as well. Its the taught of them that gets me not what they will or wont do.

Ah, they wont harm you :)

Might I suggest something?

Ok, I will :D

Go outside early one morning and find a web and watch the work that mr and mrs spider put into it.
    They have no interest in you, only in surviving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Us city slickers don't see much more than your average daddy long legs so be nice if some of you fine folk living in greener pastures could post some photos of our 8 legged friends that share your humble abode.

Look on the bright side, least you don't live in Oz or the Amazon jungle. That's some proper scary shìt right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Chucken wrote: »
    Ah, they wont harm you :)

Might I suggest something?

Ok, I will :D

Go outside early one morning and find a web and watch the work that mr and mrs spider put into it.
    They have no interest in you, only in surviving!

The ones outside i always look at there was one last year that lived in a bush across from my house for weeks lol.

Its just the taught of a big spider somewhere in my front room and this room is a small room and no matter how much bigger i am then one of these feckers i will freeze if i see one right in front of me in the house. I dont like things invading my space :pac:.

There the one thing i have a proper serious fear of i can stomach alot of things but i ****ing hate spiders so knowing the big ones are back now for the next few months has me on edge around the house cause im telling ya they only appear at the worse times here ! ha.

Us city slickers don't see much more than your average daddy long legs so be nice if some of you fine folk living in greener pastures could post some photos of our 8 legged friends that share your humble abode.

Look on the bright side, least you don't live in Oz or the Amazon jungle. That's some proper scary shìt right there.

I dont live down the country i live about ten minute from Tallaght lol.

I actually never came across ones this size when i lived in Rathmines though. Bloody Rathcoole :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sure Jaysus, don't the eat the poxy flies? They're much more irritating.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sure Jaysus, don't the eat the poxy flies? They're much more irritating.

I take ur flys u can have my spiders deal ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

Here's one that tried to take up residents in my house. Took this pic while keeping it under surveillance till help arrived!

210945_2487191225770_1073153291_o.jpg

*Shivers* again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    You absolute baxtard!! :D
    If you saw a swan mother carrying her cygnets on her back you'd probably think it was cute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

After the last year or so ive prepared myself for the worst come August September when the ****ing giant house spiders start appearing around my house normally in my front room right beside me :mad:

But just tonight i noticed a medium sized one smaller version of the bigger ones on me wall and i caught it with the hover lol.

**** sake the bolloxs have decided to come out early this year :( already spraying lavender cleaing spray around the room now lol.

Why me !!?? :pac:

Don't feel bad, last year they invaded my house, ALL OF THEM, one lived under a glass jar thingy in my living room for a bit, I called him Henry... happy memories!:o

• Advertisement

Pinklady11 wrote: »
    Here's one that tried to take up residents in my house. Took this pic while keeping it under surveillance till help arrived!

210945_2487191225770_1073153291_o.jpg

*Shivers* again!

This should be in the Nope thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I remember once when I was about 15, I was heading to bed and when I pulled back the covers, there was a massive one crawling across the sheets. I legged it out of the room screaming my head off!! :D I slept on the sofa for a week after it.

*shivers*

So you're afraid of the one big one that you can see and easily remove as opposed to the million invisible ones crawling around in your bed and on your pillow.

Okay then.

Neadine wrote: »
    Don't feel bad, last year they invaded my house, ALL OF THEM, one lived under a glass jar thingy in my living room for a bit, I called him Henry... happy memories!:o

Yes i remember you lol :pac:

After i started hovering more and blocked the gaps and holes in my front room along with the flash sprays i didnt get anymore last year i dunno weather that was just good luck or it kept them away who knows guess ill find out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

So you're afraid of the one big one that you can see and easily remove as opposed to the million invisible ones crawling around in your bed and on your pillow.

Okay then.

Right thats it, I'm getting out of here now! It's just TOO MUCH information! Although I do have anti-allergy bed covers/pillows and duvets. I thought mites couldn't live in those, no?

Can do better, if they start appearing in my house again this year, I can put some in a jar and pop them in the post to you, then you can have some of your own giant spiders. :D
    No need to thank me, really, it's ok.

Right thats it, I'm getting out of here now! It's just TOO MUCH information! Although I do have anti-allergy bed covers/pillows and duvets. I thought mites couldn't live in those, no?

Mites-No

Spiders-who knows :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Its not the fear of what there going to do lol. Its just the look of them how they move and the always seem to end up in places that **** u over the most!!.

I dunno how many times ive been on the jacks and found one under the sink right in front of me or been in bed and all sudden theres one right over me in corner of my room or in the lamp shade there ****ers :P.

I woke up one morning to find one crawling over the bottom of my bed before as well. Its the taught of them that gets me not what they will or wont do.
    I found one time when I was lying in bed reading a book, it was on my shoulder. I didn't know spiders could read!

Yes i remember you lol :pac:

After i started hovering more and blocked the gaps and holes in my front room along with the flash sprays i didnt get anymore last year i dunno weather that was just good luck or it kept them away who knows guess ill find out....

Ah, so you stole my lavender thingy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

AH FOOK !! They came early this year!!

As a famous man once said, "They haven't gone away you know."

Can do better, if they start appearing in my house again this year, I can put some in a jar and pop them in the post to you, then you can have some of your own giant spiders. :D
    No need to thank me, really, it's ok.

Yes!!!! Always wanted a giant spider :)

• Advertisement

Spiders don't really bother me, but last year it was like the feckers mutated, they were HUGE, and there was so many encounters; woke up in the wee hours one morning to find one was sharing my pillow, another joined me in the shower, and then there was Henry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

OP!!! Lavender cleaning spray??? Shur jaysus they love that stuff. That must be what's drawing them in. It's the feckin' Cedarwood that repels the bstards! It may already be too late...

Yes!!!! Always wanted a giant spider :)

There you go then, problem solved.
    Probably best if I send the entire family, wouldn't want them being lonely or homesick!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Out of sight, out of mind OP? You do know the hoover doesn't kill it, a hoover bag is perfect conditions for a female spider to lay eggs. 100s of baby spiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Spiders are highly underrated.

Anything that kills those diseased fly bastards and creepy daddy longlegged things has my immediate respect.

OP!!! Lavender cleaning spray??? Shur jaysus they love that stuff. That must be what's drawing them in. It's the feckin' Cedarwood that repels the bstards! It may already be too late...

Lavender worked as a deterrent last year, used buckets of the stuff.

Spiders don't really bother me, but last year it was like the feckers mutated, they were HUGE, and there was so many encounters; woke up in the wee hours one morning to find one was sharing my pillow, another joined me in the shower, and then there was Henry!

*sigh* Theres no pleasing some people!

I like spiders, they take care of the fecking blue bottles.

Earwigs (I think that's what they are) and woodlice, they give me the heebie jeebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

If you saw a swan mother carrying her cygnets on her back you'd probably think it was cute though.

Swans don't crawl into your orifices while you sleep and lay their eggs though!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    *sigh* Theres no pleasing some people!

I know, what can I say... I'm fussy. :rolleyes:

Advertisement