Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best barber's/hairdressers in Ireland for a Man's haircut?

Options
  • 04-05-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to get a proper haircut in Tipp no matter what I ask for. Always the same basic sh1t that turns out like a military haircut. Maybe 1 in 5 haircuts I get turn out the way I wanted. Where's the best place in Ireland (preferably Munster) from yer experience?

These kind of cuts are what I'm looking for:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mhrrasmus/videos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Bladez in Cork city, right beside the courthouse, seems fairly popular, don't know much more than the name about it though tbh, I'm a 2 all over for a fiver man myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Sams barbers in Dublin, amazing cut best in the country by far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

If you can get up to Dublin, the Butcher Barber is without doubt the best in the country. Book in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

me mother does a fine job, and she'll do it for free if ya bring over a packet of chocolate digestives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Did a bit of searching and these lads seem popular enough. Anyone from limerick know them? They serve pints as well so thats a plus.

https://www.facebook.com/johnnythebarber55?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Sams barbers in Dublin, amazing cut best in the country by far
    OldBean wrote: »
    If you can get up to Dublin, the Butcher Barber is without doubt the best in the country. Book in advance.

Had a look at both facebooks. Both look popular so if I'm heading to Dublin I'll look into one of them. Probably the butcher barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Can't say I ever get a decent haircut. This could be due to my ignorance of the hairdressing trade and their potential efforts to save me from embarrassment by not following my ill-informed instructions.

I feel like I go in and ask for them to *thin* my hair out and they go and practically rape my hair. I'm not a massive hair style person (flick up the front and leave the rest), but everytime I get my haircut, I feel like I might of well have gotten my hair shaved.

Hairdressers in Kilkenny/Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I find you have to over emphasize what you want. I have to repeatedly say I dont want it short and dont use the clippers. Most of the time I still get it shorter than I asked for. Why cant barbers understand that less is more? Take a conservative approach... and if you find you havent taken enough off then take a little more. It's not difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

In cork city Id vote for Bladez , always get mine done by the owner Lorraine . Never ever disappointed with a cut in last 10+ years . 15 for a gents cut most days . 10 on Mondays I think .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

ask them for a Dublin hair cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Can't think of the name but the one is stephens Green is very good

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭PingO_O

skinny90 wrote: »
    Can't think of the name but the one is stephens Green is very good

I think you're thinking of knights on the green? Been there a few times and was really happy with them, although at 20 euro it's a bit steep for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Waldorf Barbershop on Westmooreland street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Dillons on Wellington Quay. Very decent cut for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Grafton Barber for me; but specifically the Asian guy that works in the Jervis Branch. No messing, tell him what you want and he'll do it. No forced chit chat either which is a pet hate of mine. I'll happily pay €20 a month knowing exactly what I'm getting rather than spin the haircut roulette wheel for those €5 butcher jobs.

The student deal there for €9 is cracking value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

seanbmc wrote: »
    Waldorf Barbershop on Westmooreland street.

Have to agree here, went there yesterday and was blown away by their attention to detail.

The cuts will take a while but they're worth it IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to agree here, went there yesterday and was blown away by their attention to detail.

The cuts will take a while but they're worth it IMO

I go there once a month, nowhere else can do it like they do. And as you said, attention to detail is amazing.

Had a look at their Facebook page. Think they'll be my next stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭PingO_O

Yep, just went to waldorf today, was impressed! Got a nice sharp looking cut off them too, cheers lads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

hefferboi wrote: »
    Did a bit of searching and these lads seem popular enough. Anyone from limerick know them? They serve pints as well so thats a plus.

https://www.facebook.com/johnnythebarber55?fref=ts

Go in there myself, he placed 3rd in Ireland at this years Irish Barber of the Year comp a while back, in the freestyle category.

Place does a good haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Don't know if they do 'fancy' cuts but Ed's Barber in Dublin is always my place to go.
    Walk from the Jervis Luas stop towards to Four Courts for about 100 metres and its on the left hand side of the road.
    Never really a queue, the lads working their are sound, bif of chat but not forced, your off the chair good and fast and a dry cut for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fashion king

The GRAFTON barber there's loads of them around the city of dublin and nearly sure elsewhere in the country going there for a decade and never disappointed and I always go to a different one can't recommend enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Grafton Barber staff have generally only done a few week long barbering course. Not all of them, but alot of them. Likes Sams, they focus on the bull****. 6/10

Sams barbers ain't bad, they focus to much on washing your hair and giving you free shots and hot towels rather than focus on the actual haircut and charge ya a fair few quid for it. 7/10.

The Barber Rooms (Keith in particular), is the best place around. Fair prices and great hair cuts. They take their time, so don't expect to be in and out in 10 mins, expecially if there is any type of q. 10/10 if your not in a rush.

Woxx barbers is a nice place, lads no what there doing, and a bit more. Fair price. 9/10

The Butcher is a great spot, generally apt only and it is a bit pricier than most of the above. 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Butterfield

There's a great barbers in Scibereen called Hairport ! By the way does anyone know how many barbers there are in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Limerick77

Johnny's in Limerick is a top class place - have a decent promotional video also - http://youtu.be/QSgEgorGtqU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Hard to say. I haven't tried more than a handful, much less every hair tech in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Marble City Barbers in Kilkenny...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have decided i want to get some sort of style on my hair as opposed ot the "whatever way it falls" approach it has now.

Where is best for going in and asking them to reccomend a style?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I have decided i want to get some sort of style on my hair as opposed ot the "whatever way it falls" approach it has now.

Where is best for going in and asking them to reccomend a style?

Go to a credible hairdressers, they'll do a better job than the barbers, and bring a picture of the style you have in mind.

Advertisement