Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The virtues or otherwise of corolla bangeromics

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

RoverJames wrote: »
    ......... appropriately priced :)

I wanted to offer less but himself drove it and said it was actually worth it, service history, no rattles etc.

The lack of power is soul destroying at times but hey you can't have everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,051 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Not trying to slag you Unkel.....but,
    Probably one of the worst mid-90's Jap cars you could pick....timing chain will be rattling it's tiny brain out, sills will be rotten, front cross-member will be beyond rotten, boot floor above exhaust will be non-existan

There might be Micras like that out there, but they should be scrapped immediately!

Not sure why you came up with that point. Buy a recently NCTd one and none of those rust / rot issues will be there. And even an untrained fool like me can spot a rattling chain. Were you looking at UK import '92 ones with 300k miles on them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

No. most of the irish ones up to '99 will suffer from at least one of these issues...usually more.

We have had 3 of them here in the past two years and they all had at least two of the rust problems mentioned. Two of them had stretched timing chains, even the parts alone are worth more than the car ?????

Not hearsay Unkel, but experience.
    BTW I would have previously pushed anybody looking for a decent, cheap 1 litre towards a Micra. Now that the Yaris has become very affordable I can't see a better 1lt out there.

edit. looks like we're going off topic here so probably best to leave it and stick to corolla's

• Registered Users Posts: 65,051 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    edit. looks like we're going off topic here so probably best to leave it and stick to corolla's

The lord forbid the mods will split off this one too into a dedicated Micra thread :D

Advertisement