Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current role

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Started as a front-end guy (HTML, CSS, JS/jQuery) with a Mickey Mouse BA and sh*t grades, then worked with PHP and MySQL at a tiny web design shop. Now I'm getting to where I want to be, working at a decent sized but very young mobile payments company, working primarily with Ruby and Postgres, and getting good full-stack experience.

Ultimately hoping to launch my own product and make a living out of that. I have a few ideas bouncing around and am nearly finished a proof of concept for one application. We shall see :) Really happy in my current position, so I'll just keep working on my own stuff in the evenings til I get somewhere with it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

What your arguments look like...

fighting-women.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I work solely in Scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Embedded + automotive diagnostics so mostly C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Full-stack web and mobile development; lead dev in a couple of startups at the moment. One of them is bound to take off and make me millions any day now.

Spend most of my time with PHP and Javascript.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Itzy wrote: »
    What your arguments look like...
    Not so much, people won't pay to look at silly arguments but Rule #34 says you can make a living selling images of women pulling each others hair. (Being married, I can't understand why, but I'm assured that's true by those in the know).

Back on-topic, DB2 kernel developer working on their disaster recovery stuff, pretty much all in C++, with Perl for tests and some shell scripting and python for ancillary doo-dads.

(yes, that's a technical term).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Hmm, something seems different...

My job flip flops between a large C++ code base and a fledgling .Net one that interfaces with it as well as lots of other glue parts in various languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Sparks wrote: »
    Not so much, people won't pay to look at silly arguments

No but they will look at them for free on boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Web dev in a digital agency - mostly CMS integration with WebServices via Java. Dabbling in Scala for our functional tests.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ISV/Consulting, mostly mid sized projects (measured in weeks/months) and mostly centred around the Microsoft BI stack. Office, SharePoint, Biztalk, Dynamics, SQL Server, SSAS/SSRS, Azure etc and all the related technologies, lots of C#, HTML/Javascript, web services/WCF etc.. etc..

Getting more into project/team management over the last year or two which is a whole different type of challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Java Developer, currently working on an eclipse RCP project

Snap.

Hmmm... and you are in Cork also. Are we sitting near each other by any chance I wonder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Java/C++ backend/C# frontend dev, working in a large multinational. Android development in my spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Mainly C# but i dabble in C/C++ from time to time when working with legacy applications.

I spend alot of time integrating with Oracle,MSSQL and Adaptive Server Anywhere databases.

Im in a professional services department which writes additions to our core products based on customer requests and the odd complete application.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Web dev at a Dublin-based web shop. Lucky enough to be working alongside some really talented people.

Mostly front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) & some back end (PHP). Occasionally transform into sales mode.

Usually working with Wordpress, Zencart, Magento, & Shopify.

Previously working with Java & C# (Unity).

Fiddling about with Titanium in my down-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

JavaScript and Java SE, London based, work for a company that makes a framework which allows you to create desktop equivalent web trading applications. An example app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Ludo wrote: »
    Snap.

Hmmm... and you are in Cork also. Are we sitting near each other by any chance I wonder :D
    would you be working for a certain German company....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

C, Java, Python, Perl, Bash. I'm a senior performance & capacity engineer in financial services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    would you be working for a certain German company....?

Yep!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I'm a 3D technical lead at Ubisoft, working on Watch_Dogs at the moment. C++, Direct3D etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

I'm a student intern working on commercial ASP .NET MVC projects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Consulting Engineer for a multinational in the Telecoms and Workforce Optimization/Management space. I'm in the Workforce side of things.

Server side work:
    C#, MDX, WebAPI, WCF, SSAS, SSIS

UI Work:
    TypeScript, KnockoutJS

P.S. Any one with good MDX and a strong c# (ADOMD etc) background on the lookout PM me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Dropped in at the deep end on stuff like Java EE, Spring, Hibernate nearly 2 years ago for a multinational financial company and I'm still trying to get my head around it! Went from application support which I was great at to developer where I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I was way out of my depth for the 1st year but it was a good way to learn I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Currently a 3rd year, though since I've finished my exams, technically 4th year, CompSys student in UL. Mainly Java and Java EE, with some C++ and Android in there too. Considering C# for my FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donfanzu

chrislad wrote: »
    Considering C# for my FYP.

You could create a game for the Kinect in C#, thats what I did for my final year project a year ago. Was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

donfanzu wrote: »
    You could create a game for the Kinect in C#, thats what I did for my final year project a year ago. Was fun.

Sounds interesting! Can you send me a PM with details (I assume it was for PC unless you hacked an Xbox!)

Advertisement