Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

dave1982 wrote: »
    Yeah bought and equipped with money I got paid for completing mission.

It just narrows the crosshair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Really starting to enjoy this game now. Each section usually takes a few attempts to get through cleanly but once you get the flow its quite enjoyable.

Controls are starting to come naturally but they still sometimes don't do what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

On mission5 now I think.

Levels can take quite some time to do. Really starting to enjoy skulking around making darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

What format are ye all playing on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone tried the co-op?

• Advertisement

What format are ye all playing on?

PC

Also just realised that CapsLock lets you walk around quietly.

Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has Ubi confirmed that this is coming to the next gen consoles too? It's the only reason I'm holding off, I've read that graphically its not up to par on 360/PS3 so I may aswell hang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Are there many co-op missions? Don't want to pay high money for a game in which half of it i won't play.

kaimera wrote: »
    skulking around making darkness.

Pfft, only scrubs have to 'make darkness'. A true Pro works with wjhat he's given!

:pac:

Are there many co-op missions? Don't want to pay high money for a game in which half of it i won't play.

It says 14 co-op missions but I haven't tried them yet.

Edit - Still haven't tried the Co-Op yet, but did have a quick round of Spies vs Mercs and it was good fun, only problem is you don't seem to be able to adjust the sensitivity all that much, not that much of a biggie though.

• Advertisement

Hmm...
    did not like the fps mission sections as Briggs

Gradually getting better at ghosting sections. Still not mastered any of the playstyles yet but getting better for sure.

Really have to look around for a pipe or a ledge that isn't the obvious way forward.

Pet hate - loading a checkpoint when starting the game and all the guards are back to their starting positions, can make things pretty **** to complete
    the server room level, I hacked the server and waited 2 mins to retrieve the data. On reloading the game, I've to hack it again but the guards are a bit too close for comfort, made for an awful long game of cat and mouse back and forth

13 campaign missions.

**** sake.

short as ****.

Didn't bother with the 4E or the group missions and was pretty annoyed it ended as soon as it did.

Pretty heavy on resources too. Had quite a few CTD trying to play on 'ultra' at 2560*1600 on a 570gtx.

kaimera wrote: »

Pretty heavy on resources too. Had quite a few CTD trying to play on 'ultra' at 2560*1600 on a 570gtx.

That's not resources, I think. Im running ultra 1080p on a 670 and it would still crash at the end of each mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

@ Genghiz, did you go for the steam or uplay version? Or does steam just load bloody uplay :D

Tempted to get this & it works with surround, and g2play have it for 20 yoyo's atm.

Uplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

really enjoying this and its a nice challenge even at normal difficulty. I love it when you have three marks out of range and trying to sneak or attract them within range to kill all three!

Kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

whats spies and mercs like in this. i havnt heard much about it yet, im kinda torn between this and diablo 3 with xtra visions trade in deal

Haven't bothered trying it but don't really do mp games. I'll be finished with my copy by thursday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Bought is from G2Play.net, 17.99. Enjoying it, the coop is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 PHUNDAPUSS

I thought it be hard to top conviction, but this in my opinion is the best splinter cell ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

PHUNDAPUSS wrote: »
    I thought it be hard to top conviction, but this in my opinion is the best splinter cell ever made

I thought conviction was diabolical!

You're right though, Blacklist is the best, imo.

did u think it was bad, i dunno something about it i loved, the only splinter cell i wasnt mad about was double agent

Just finished and going to play conviction next as its the only one I've missed. That last level was pretty tough but enjoyable!

Anyone having any issues with the sound?

When they're communicating with people sometimes the person on the other line isn't audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What is the windows version like? I'd prefer it on the console, since that is its original home, but the PC price is so much cheaper than the xbox.

just done complete ghost style on perfectionist. one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences i'v ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

quarryman wrote: »
    What is the windows version like? I'd prefer it on the console, since that is its original home, but the PC price is so much cheaper than the xbox.

Its a good game, n 15.99 on G2play

Anyone fancy coop on PC?

1920*1080 Dx11 ultra everything, no idea why its nearly 23gb

t77g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

had to down load 2 1gb patches too, i think its broken and its the same update every time you play. :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else have issues with the game crashing on PC? Is Uplay the problem?

I was looking forward to playing this, but every time I try to play the first level I only get a few steps from the helicopter and everything hard freezes, even windows. Have to cut the power each time to restart my rig. Bloody annoying.

Anyone got a solution to these crashes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rob2D wrote: »
    Anyone else have issues with the game crashing on PC? Is Uplay the problem?

I was looking forward to playing this, but every time I try to play the first level I only get a few steps from the helicopter and everything hard freezes, even windows. Have to cut the power each time to restart my rig. Bloody annoying.

Anyone got a solution to these crashes?

No issues here but did you get patch 1.01 and 1.02 mentions DX11 CTDs being fixed.

Advertisement