Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aviva Car insurance Renewal 450% increase.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

Layinghen wrote: »
    There is something seriously wrong with the renewal quote that your wife received (despite whatever rubbish explanation you were given on the phone). When the complaints section get back to you ask for a full breakdown of this years premium and a full breakdown of last years premium, this at least should show where the increase has occurred. If the complaints department don't get back to you today drop them a line (to their Head Office address) explain your shock at the premium quoted and ask them to treat the letter as an official complaint. They have to then reply to this within two weeks, it may not solve your problem and I understand fully why you would not wish to deal with them again, but it is no harm to rattle their cage and let them know not to treat people like fools.

always good to threathen insurance companies with the insurance ombudsman as they have to pay a few hundred quid to the ombudsman for every complaint they investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

The lowest quote from anyone I got was Aviva, €280 which is their floor. Kept adding things on (Fully Comp, v low excess etc) and it just kept coming back €280 (41yo male full NCB 0 pts, Wexford rural address). NoNonsense was pure nonsense, as were Tescos & FBD. Most of the others came in somewhere up to €100 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Unfortunately you cannot go to the Ombudsman until the internal complaints procedure has been completed within the Company. But on the other hand Insurance Companies must reply to official complaints within a very tight framework otherwise the Financial Regulator can become involved, which is something most Companies would like to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

MikeD22 wrote: »
    My insurance is up for renewal in two weeks.

24 years old, full licence 5 years, 5 years no claims, no penalty points. 2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0 diesel

Aviva: €984 tpft excluding windscreen cover and no claims protection no open drive. when i add them it jumps to €1,168
    Anyone have any experience of their insurance becoming cheaper once they reach 25?

I am with Aviva and got my renewal posted further up this thread. I am 24 as well driving a 1.2L vehicle fully comp and my renewal is €690 rang them up and they came down even further. Thats a decrease of €300 heading very close to €400 when you take the further discount into account. Most other insurance companies were quoting higher for TPF&T and indeed the only company that came close was AXA who were a few euro dearer also fully comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I hope it hasn't been suggested already but has your wife checked Aviva's system for a quote as a new customer, for the hell of it?

I have a feeling it won't be anywhere near that quote.

Advertisement