Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2015 Schedule Announcement

Options
  • 02-05-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Did a search and couldn't find the draw thread. Apparently the announcement of the stadiums and schedule is due before 1030. Anyone have an Ireland wishlist?

MOD EDIT: Schedule announced. Fixtures here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Can't see anything being played in Ireland. Think we would've heard about it by now.

EDIT: Oops, read that wrong. I assume you mean do we have a wishlist on where the Irish team should play? Hrmm.. I love Millennium, will defo love to have a game there.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'd say that's a definite. Wales can only play their minor games there and they need Millennium sellouts for the money so we're a natural fit. Wouldn't mind a few London games too what with living there and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mm/Document/Tournament/Mediazone/02/06/65/07/rwc-2015-match-schedule.pdf

Schedule is out! Ireland will play in Cardiff twice, Wembley and Olympic Stadium!

The 13 match venues and host cities selected are: Twickenham Stadium (London), Wembley Stadium (London), Olympic Stadium (London), Millennium Stadium (Cardiff), Manchester City Stadium (Manchester), St James’ Park (Newcastle), Elland Road (Leeds), Leicester City Stadium (Leicester), Villa Park (Birmingham), Kingsholm Stadium (Gloucester), stadiummk (Milton Keynes), Brighton Community Stadium (Brighton) and Sandy Park (Exeter).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Did a search and couldn't find the draw thread. Apparently the announcement of the stadiums and schedule is due before 1030. Anyone have an Ireland wishlist?

announced here, we have our two minnows before playing italy and france. saturday sunday sunday sunday so no short turnaround so its all good imo

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mm/Document/Tournament/Mediazone/02/06/65/07/rwc-2015-match-schedule.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Ireland v Americas 1 at Millennium stadium? Will that even be half-full?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tox56 wrote: »
    Ireland v Americas 1 at Millennium stadium? Will that even be half-full?

I reckon it'll be a sell out, its as good as a home World Cup lots of Irish will travel and lots of Irish in the UK will make the trip. Can't wait to be honest no getting up at stupid o'clock to watch the games, will actually get to go to them.

Mods; suggest either fixture list or a link to it be copied into OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

I reckon Italy in London, then across to Wales for France and a QF would be a good un.

Presume most fans will make the weekend trip over instead of staying over there?

Excellent. Nice to get the minnows in first to build up to the big games. Italy is always a potential banana skin, but atleast we have no fear of being undercooked going into the French game.

I'd say both sides, France and Ireland, will fancy themselves top the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

pc7 wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be a sell out, its as good as a home World Cup lots of Irish will travel and lots of Irish in the UK will make the trip. Can't wait to be honest no getting up at stupid o'clock to watch the games, will actually get to go to them.
    50,000 tops, I'd say. Probably depends on RWC ticket prices. There'll definitely be availability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Nice rest for France before we play them - 10 days!

What's the ticketing scenario? When will they be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

They're playing two games in 5 earlier on.

Oceania 1 (Fiji) have a bad schedule too, England and Australia in 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

It is very cool that we will get to play in the Millenium, Wembley and the Olympic Stadium.

It means I won't have to go see bloody West Ham if I want to go see a game in the Olympic Stadium. I'd love to go to Wembley too. Two great sporting venues and the Millenium is the best rugby stadium in the world

What's the ticketing scenario? When will they be released?

No dates announced yet, they should already have gone on sale by now but the delays in finalising the list of venues put paid to that. I'd imagine it will be in the next month or so, usually what happens is that the 'packages' for a given team go on sale first then any remaining tickets for individual matches will follow later.

Previous World Cups have offered pre-sales to people affiliated with a club, not sure if that's planned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,315 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Schedule is relatively fair, good to see NZ, Australia, France, South Africa with midweek games and 2 games in 5 day rotas rather than this just happening to the minnows like last time.

Argentina, Ireland and Samoa seem to have it best with 4 Sat/Sun games.
    Definitely good to see Samoa get the best of the schedule after their 3 in 10 days farce last time.

its_phil wrote: »
    It is very cool that we will get to play in the Millenium, Wembley and the Olympic Stadium.

It means I won't have to go see bloody West Ham if I want to go see a game in the Olympic Stadium. I'd love to go to Wembley too. Two great sporting venues and the Millenium is the best rugby stadium in the world

Wembley is in the middle of nowhere, fairly vapid atmosphere around before games unless you go to that pub up the hill.

Have been there for an england international and the Sarries Leinster game.

Incredible stadium though, brilliant views from everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

So we'll be playing Argentina in the Millennium for a spot in the SF....

<completes counting chickens>

Nice gaps between all our games, Oceania (well, Fiji, Samoa do get a decent run as pointed out by Ajesus)/ lower tiers etc. getting screwed as per. :(

Wembley is in the middle of nowhere, fairly vapid atmosphere around before games unless you go to that pub up the hill.

Middle of nowhere? Atmosphere was excellent before at and after the Sarries game.

freeeezing cold, but wembley is a doddle to get to.

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Middle of nowhere? Atmosphere was excellent before at and after the Sarries game.

freeeezing cold, but wembley is a doddle to get to.

By middle of nowhere, I'm not referring to travel, the Harrow and Wembley area just hasn't much else going on around it. Atmosphere in the pubs was good, in fairness when isn't it, but around the ground before and after it wasn't.

Like Twickenham, although that doesn't suffer nearly as much because Richmond and Twickenham are both nice little areas,Wembley suffers because everyone is so dispersed before and after games.

We're incredibly lucky to have RDS, Aviva and Croker all within walking distance of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Yeah it's more just to say I saw a game in Wembley because I'm a secret football fan too. Anything after will be a bonus. I'd be interested to see the ticket prices, which could have a massive effect on attendances.

Just realized how tricky our group could be. One slip up and we have NZ in the quarters! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Bugger, really disappointed at the low-calibre games in Elland road, had hoped Ireland might have had a game in Leeds. Great stadium, been to a few RL internationals/WCC's there. Real bear pit. Had hoped the Irish fans would discover the delights of Yorkshire....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

So, Cardiff - London - Cardiff - London (if we make it to the semi's!)

Only 2 cities, and main ones at that, great result for the travelling supporters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Presides the French game I reckon tickets will not be a problem, hoping to snap up as many as I can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mystic86 wrote: »
    So, Cardiff - London - Cardiff - London (if we make it to the semi's!)

Only 2 cities, and main ones at that, great result for the travelling supporters!

Trains pretty easy as well. Or driving down the M4.

I am absolutely delighted, living on the M4! Just need accomodation in Cardiff!

Tickets not going on sale until next year, just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Happy enough with that draw to be honest, bit of luck we'll have a winner takes all showdown with the french in Cardiff.

Tickets not going on sale until next year, just FYI.

I thought much sooner no? Make sense from a finance POV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

.ak wrote: »
    Just realized how tricky our group could be. One slip up and we have NZ in the quarters! :(

I remember watching the draw live and being more concerned where NZ ended up than where we did, and then being annoyed when it looked like we'd have to meet them in the Qtrs, however to hopefully be playing France for top-spot, at the 5th Province home ground in Cardiff, with Joe Schmidt in charge.......

More than 2 years away and its already mouth watering :D

Advertisement