Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predict the result of the 2013 Lions Tour.

Options
  • 01-05-2013 4:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭

With the 37 man squad announced, I want to see what posters expect will happen down under this summer.

My prediction: Oz will win 2-1

Who will win the Lions Test Series 2013? 114 votes

Lions 3-0
    0%
    Lions 2-1
    12%
    Benny CakemaddragonNoelJpremierstonewittycynicDeankcunavalosdanthefanerrlloydchippersAbsoluvelyEaglebridie 32swiftmanBobbyPropane 14 votes
    Wallabies 3-0
    61%
    Paulw[Deleted User][Deleted User]Kiithkeano_afcIcebergSpudmonkey[Jackass]Davei141tolosencWebbsTimeDave_The_Sheeptoomevarastephen_ndmapreludeheebusjeebusTeferisiochainKenHy 70 votes
    Wallabies 2-1
    2%
    duckysaucecallaway92Will23 3 votes
    Series Draw
    22%
    TrojanKevokOtaconmelekalikimakaadrian522matthew8sydthebeatCIARAN_BOYLEDDC1990Taco CorpHeroditasdarragh_havenHype710blitzurajokeJustinDeeCactus466grohlisagodSwiwiSulla Felix 26 votes
    Rory Best
    0%
    AlejandroKa 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

With the 37 man squad announced, I want to see what posters expect will happen down under this summer.

My prediction: Oz will win 2-1
    Lions 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wallabies 3-0
    I think people are totally underestimating the Aussie team. All their players are hitting form in the Super XV and their backline is sensational. You also have to think that the Lions won't have very much time together to gel as a team compared to an international team.

I think it'll be close with the Australia winning the 1st game in Suncorp Stadium (which they have an amazing record at) and the Lions to closely snatch the remaining 2 games. The main thing that stands for the Lions is the depth in the squad. They can afford to have injuries without damaging their team too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Series Draw
    2-1 Aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Karlpopper

It all comes down to that first game, it gives a big psychological advantage for the series. If the Aussies win, then they should easily win the series, maybe 2-1 as the Lions will probably win the last one. If the Lions can win the first game then they will win the series and they could win it 3-0. So how much of a team will we have by that first test, that's the big "test" for the coaching staff.
    My prediction: 2-1 to the Aussies. I don't think the Lions will be a strong enough team to win the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Really depends on the team Gatland picks and how he wants them to play.

If we see a backline picked on size like Phillips, Farrell, North, Roberts, Davies and Cuthbert i'd fancy the Aussies.

If the likes of Youngs, BOD, Bowe, Sexton and Hogg are in there i'd favour the Lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

3-0 Lions. optimistic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wallabies 3-0
    Lions 2-1

Wallabies 3-0
    do a public poll (should be able to add it now still)

Lions 2 - 1 Aus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Don't think we need to worry too much about the Lions gelling as a team; I think they have six games before the first Test to get used to playing together. Not to mention the likes of BOD and POC, who have unfinished Lions ambitions and know this is their last chance. 3-0 to the tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wallabies 3-0
    Lions 2 - 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Wallabies 3-0
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    Lions 2 - 1

^

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Who cares! It's a pure money making exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Wallabies 3-0
    Pretty much sure it'll end up 2-1 Lions if Gattie gets the team right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Going to go for a 1-1 draw just to be different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Wallabies 3-0
    2 - 1 to the tourists, winning the first and third tests, third one with a last second BOD trademark line poach.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

do a public poll (should be able to add it now still)

Lions 2 - 1 Aus

Added poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Series Draw
    2-1 OZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Aussie win 3-0. They'll just see the Lions as a 37 man whinging pommy team, regardless of what we think and know. They'll be up for it big time. Its a once in a career event for the Southern Hemisphere players.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Coleridge

Series Draw
    Went for Wallabies 2-1 but at this stage, too early to say.

I think we have a pretty good idea how the Lions will play based on the squad.

If the Wallabies pack secure enough ball, I can see them winning the first two tests comfortably with that backline. I think the Lions will then restore some pride in the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Wallabies 3-0
    I think the Lions will win 2-1, however I do have concerns over Wales's dreadful record against the Qantas Wallabies and if they dominate the team then that might be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Rory Best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Wallabies 3-0
    I really am not rooting for the Lions as much as I thought I would anymore. The selection baffles me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

2-1 to the Lions would be my thoughts...

Roll on the build up!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Wallabies 3-0
    2-1 to the Lions, just. There's a bit of a sense abroad that the Aussies are the easiest meat of the SH teams at the minute. Just don't buy it. Beating the wallabies in their own back yard is going to be a massive task.This is going to be a really attritional tour with a proper old fashioned 'tour' feel. The dirt trackers are going to have it rough. The likes of the 'Tahs and the Reds are going to be difficult to beat and there'll be injuries, lots of injuries... Another interesting poll might be the results of the mid-week games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Series Draw

Well lots of people really, it's hugely popular

And nearly every sporting event these days is a money making exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Series Draw
    The players touring will not only care but benefit immensely from their tour experience with players from the other three nations. Will hardly make a dent in Australia with anyone bar Fairfax and Fox media outlets given the state of the sport there, but its still massive with British and Irish rugby fans.

It is a traditional tour. There aren't many traditions left in sport these days. This makes it worthwhile keeping an interest in, even if you like myself couldn't give a stuff who wins it. There's test rugby to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Series Draw
    2-1 Ozzies. Have no faith in a team captained by Warburton. It will be a Welsh dominated team and that will give the Australians confidence with recent history.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Wallabies 3-0
    .ak wrote: »
    Everyone?

Rory Best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wallabies 3-0
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    I think people are totally underestimating the Aussie team. All their players are hitting form in the Super XV and their backline is sensational. You also have to think that the Lions won't have very much time together to gel as a team compared to an international team.

I think it'll be close with the Australia winning the 1st game in Suncorp Stadium (which they have an amazing record at) and the Lions to closely snatch the remaining 2 games. The main thing that stands for the Lions is the depth in the squad. They can afford to have injuries without damaging their team too much.

Unless those injuries are at fly half.

Advertisement