Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERC Player of 2013 Shortlist Announced

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Biarritz were about as far from disinterested as it is possible to be. They simply weren't good enough.

Ah now they were fairly interested for the first 37 minutes to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Sitivini Sivivatu
    Tell Ngwenya he was disinterested after making two try-saving tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Sitivini Sivivatu
    I don't think Heaslip has been one of the 5 best players in Europe tbqh. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been absolutely brilliant either. Don't know if he's even been Leinster's best player in Europe.

I'd go for Fofana, I just think he's pure class although if Bonnaire won it, there couldn't be many complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

I'd go for Sivivatu or Bonnaire but i wouldn't be surprised to see Wilkinson take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Biarritz were about as far from disinterested as it is possible to be. They simply weren't good enough.
    Maybe some were but Harinordiquoy was lounging by the pool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Sitivini Sivivatu
    Fireball07 wrote: »
    I don't think Heaslip has been one of the 5 best players in Europe tbqh. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been absolutely brilliant either. Don't know if he's even been Leinster's best player in Europe.

I'd go for Fofana, I just think he's pure class although if Bonnaire won it, there couldn't be many complaints.

I'd say he has been Leinster's best player in Europe, between him and Healy for sure

Sivivatu or Fofana for me.

If I was Gatland I would've been trying to figure out some way to convince the Aussies that Fofana qualified as a Lion, because having him outside Sexton with Davies / BOD / Tuilagi available as a second centre would have given Gatland licence to try about 400 different routes through the Aus defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Sivivatu or Fofana for me.

If I was Gatland I would've been trying to figure out some way to convince the Aussies that Fofana qualified as a Lion, because having him outside Sexton with Davies / BOD / Tuilagi available as a second centre would have given Gatland licence to try about 400 different routes through the Aus defence.

If we changed it to the European Lions, we could bring a backrow of Gorgodze-SOB-Parisse and put Parra inside Sexton as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Sitivini Sivivatu
    ... and put Parra inside Sexton as well.

And another European, Dr. Heiter, could perform the operation. :eek:

North Vs South was a one off game way back when wasnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Jonny Wilkinson
    andrewdcs wrote: »
    And another European, Dr. Heiter, could perform the operation. :eek:

North Vs South was a one off game way back when wasnt it?

Think it was for tsunami victims? We got thrashed anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement