Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things you'd change in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd just turn it anti-clockwise so it looked like we were farting on Wales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

More sun and heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I wouldn't change you if I could. I love you as you are. You're all that I would wish for, if I wished upon a star

You are soooooo romantic ( looks dreamily at oh who says " are you on the wine") hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The NCT is a scam because I don't want to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'd just turn it clockwise so it looked like we were farting on Wales

Oh. Are we adding Wales to the "list" now?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 smellofneglect

the soggy biscuit, was a fun oul game!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

Madam_X wrote: »
    The NCT is a scam because I don't want to pay for it.

no its because i failed it last week and drove back in today after talking to a mate who is a mechanic and it passed without me doing anything with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Lome wrote: »
    no its because i failed it last week and drove back in today after talking to a mate who is a mechanic and it passed without me doing anything with it.

Maybe your mechanic mate fixed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

kyote00 wrote: »
    single fathers ?

Arcsin has already addressed that. :pac:
    Arcsin wrote: »
    Gay abortions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Introduce marriage equality, liberalise abortion laws, revamp and dechristian the constitution, introduce true employment equality, investigate means of youth employment, investigate changes to our democratic system to fix the current issue with parties inability to act on real change for fear of losing out in the current voting system, pump funds into integration and education schemes relating to marginalised groups.

I could keep going if I started thinking, but the NCT isn't going to be included in my ramblings til some time next march at the current pace...

Reads like a Labour election manifesto. Create more quangos for the 'marginalised'. Its not like we dont have 100s of them already.

The only people who are marginalised in this country, is the ordinary worker who has to fund the whole shebang. The average Joe and Josephine soap dont give a fiddlers about gay marriage, abortion, the church, integration quangos or any of that.

Jobs, curtailing forced emigration and paying their mortgages/billsis what they are concerned about. Not liberal social issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The endless cycle of the welfare/sense of entitlement has to stop.

Dole should be decreased the longer you're on it.

Also, 18 to 23 year olds should only be on a pittance and not qualify for rent allowance. That way their parents will be sick of them hanging around the house and boot them out every day to look for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Dole scroungers ........... single mothers .......... public sector workers .........bankers............. the government ............. liberal lefties ........... catholic church ............

Have I forgotten anything?

All the people with jobs........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Lome wrote: »
    Yeh I know stuff like that makes you wonder, but I still don't think that's enough to deem the overall system a scam or a symptom of corruption. There's room for human error too when the tests are being carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The average Joe and Josephine soap dont give a fiddlers about gay marriage, abortion, the church, integration quangos or any of that.

They do if they're gay, pregnant as a result of rape, a victim of Church related child abuse, or part of a marginalised social group...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Seachmall wrote: »
    They do if they're gay, pregnant as a result of rape, a victim of Church related child abuse, or part of a marginalised social group...

Gays make up just three percent of the population iirc.

Dunno about the rest. One or two percent tops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement