Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things you'd change in Ireland

Options
  • 25-04-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

This country needs to change fast. what are the things you would change to make this a better run or better country.

i would have a look at the NCT system, its a scam and is only there to generate extra revenue. i failed the test on emissions last week but passed this week without doing anything to the car.. how is this so???

i would also throw out thieving Roma gypsies / Eastern European gangs or any other minority groups who are criminals. don't get me wrong everyone is welcome here if they dont break the law but we are just an easy touch. we need to get tough on these gangs.

We also need to take a stand. We cant keep being pushed around by all our corrupt TDs. they dont answer to anyone and do what they like. we need to show were not going to be pushed around any longer

What would you guys change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Lome wrote: »
    This country needs to change fast. what are the things you would change to make this a better run or better country.

i would have a look at the NCT system, its a scam and is only there to generate extra revenue. i failed the test on emissions last week but passed this week without doing anything to the car.. how is this so???

i would also throw out thieving Roma gypsies / Eastern European gangs or any other minority groups who are criminals. don't get me wrong everyone is welcome here if they dont break the law but we are just an easy touch. we need to get tough on these gangs.

We also need to take a stand. We cant keep being pushed around by all our corrupt TDs. they dont answer to anyone and do what they like. we need to show were not going to be pushed around any longer

The record?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The first thing you'd change...is the NCT system?

Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Lome wrote: »

I'd bring back hanging for people starting threads that have been done to death on numerous previous occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

The NCT and the Roma gypsies. Yeah you sat down and really had a good think about this, didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Tell the public sector there is no more job security cut loose the deadwood and keep the decent staff on. Because the public sector has some damn good workers, but also the worst wasters going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Dole scroungers ........... single mothers .......... public sector workers .........bankers............. the government ............. liberal lefties ........... catholic church ............

Have I forgotten anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

1. Legalise and regulate cannabis.
    2. Properly legalise and regulate prostitution.
    3. Legalise abortion under all circumstances.
    4. Cut the wages of teachers, and the public sector in general.
    5. Enforce proper means testing for financial assistance programs.
    6. Remove all religious bias from law and government funded agencies and organisations.

What? Somebody on AH needs to take a stand on these issues!

Edit - God damn it Shopaholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

might be done to death but nothing seems to be changing.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'd NCT the Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

The NCT and the Roma gypsies. Yeah you sat down and really had a good think about this, didn't you?

Ya but you have to agree with the Roma gypsies gripe tho don't ya? :)

• Advertisement

Dole scroungers ........... single mothers .......... public sector workers .........bankers............. the government ............. liberal lefties ........... catholic church ............

The English...don't forget them!

Oh...and travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

The weather!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

Gay abortions.

donvito99 wrote: »
    The first thing you'd change...is the NCT system?

you moron

it happened to me today so its on my mind ya arsehole. i suppose youd do something really great like fix global warming or something. Bell End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Bring back Glenroe.............things were simpler back then.

And Champion Crisps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 smellofneglect

Anyone who resembles and walks/talks/acts like a scumbag will be sent to a conc... I mean a work camp. Also dole scroungers who have no intention of ever bettering themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd NCT the Roma.

Getting them to stay still on the ramp would be quite the achievement. As for testing them for emissions........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I wouldn't change you if I could. I love you as you are. You're all that I would wish for, if I wished upon a star

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Think you forgot the Africans and their free prams! :)

Actually I have: 'Foreigners' .......... Irish women ........... Irish men ...........gays ...........homophobes ........... prolife groups ......... prochoice groups

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Don't forget the greeks, they invented gayness

And their 10 reg or better cars! Sure they all have them and none of them know how to drive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Introduce marriage equality, liberalise abortion laws, revamp and dechristian the constitution, introduce true employment equality, investigate means of youth employment, investigate changes to our democratic system to fix the current issue with parties inability to act on real change for fear of losing out in the current voting system, pump funds into integration and education schemes relating to marginalised groups.

I could keep going if I started thinking, but the NCT isn't going to be included in my ramblings til some time next march at the current pace...

I wouldn't change you if I could. I love you as you are. You're all that I would wish for, if I wished upon a star
    Yeah, that's great and all, but you're backwards. We need to change backwards people too.

Yeah, that's great and all, but you're backwards. We need to change backwards people too.

We have to tell them to turn around!

In that case, we should change the bus stops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh! People should take a stand! :mad:

Who? Me?

Aw... can't someone else do it...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

single fathers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

And their 10 reg or better cars! Sure they all have them and none of them know how to drive them.

And the ones that do know how to drive use them as a taxi and take all the work from the poor white man!

• Advertisement

Introduce marriage equality, liberalise abortion laws, revamp and dechristian the constitution, introduce true employment equality, investigate means of youth employment, investigate changes to our democratic system to fix the current issue with parties inability to act on real change for fear of losing out in the current voting system, pump funds into integration and education schemes relating to marginalised groups.

I could keep going if I started thinking, but the NCT isn't going to be included in my ramblings til some time next march at the current pace...

The NCT is just one example of how much of a corrupt country this place is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement