Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DublinsABC

ABC 80's Radio Memories this Sunday at 18.00 BST is "This is Ger Roe with a recording of the Free Radio Programme on Radio Annabel -January 13th 1985 and February 3rd 1985 " Enjoy Tune-in on 93.3 FM / liveradio.ie / Tune-in Radio / Alexa and https://kathy.torontocast.com:4365/stream With thanks to Radiowaves Ireland/ Anoraks Ireland Collection 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Antenna

8-Radio test transmissions on FM tonight, this time around returning on a multi-city basis for temporary licence

Post edited by Antenna on

ABC 80's Radio Memories this Sunday at 18.00 BST is "This is Ger Roe with a recording of the Free Radio Programme on Radio Annabel -February 10th 1985 / February 17th 1985 " Enjoy Tune-in on 93.3 FM / liveradio.ie / Tune-in Radio / Alexa and https://kathy.torontocast.com:4365/stream With thanks to Radiowaves Ireland/ Anoraks Ireland Collection / Prince Terry 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emilynxlan

picking it up clearly tonight just outside Belfast - great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

87.6 - Chill FM (around west Dublin at least).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭TheBMG

99.5 in Dublin is a nice sounding FM version of Energy 1440.

High pressure bringing in the usual BBC stations - BBC Cymru and others on RDS at Dundrum Town Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Freedom FM returns to FM from September 30th for a 30 day run.

8 FM frequencies announced, the standard Dublin (105.2) etc and Kildare , Wexford , Wicklow

Did a spot of anoraking this morning. Some quirky atmospherics with the hood spell of weather but was picking up the Galway tx from 8radio on 87.9 in Stillorgan. World domination @SimonMaher !

ABC 80's Radio Memories this Sunday at 18.00 BST is "This is Ger Roe with a recording of the Free Radio Programme on Radio Annabel - March 3rd 1985 / Next Peter Madison on Sunshine Radio, the Dublin FM superpirate, from the afternoon of December 1st 1982. Cathy Cregan reads the News. " Enjoy Tune-in on 93.3 FM / liveradio.ie / Tune-in Radio / Alexa and https://kathy.torontocast.com:4365/stream With thanks to Radiowaves Ireland/ Anoraks Ireland Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Any chance of you guys moving to 93.2 as it would be easier to receive your signal in other areas of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

And perhaps the persistent advertising in a bandscan forum??

Too soon?

Don't worry we won't put anything up again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IPRAatDCU

For any lovers & Anoraks of radio in the Cork area, this could be an interesting night out, stories to be told, questions to answer, craic to be had and a Trophy to adorn the mantlepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The casual reader would think that he can tune in to Mongolia, and listen to the radio programmes on LW. But Clint is well known in the DX world where a trace of a signal, and a few faint bits of audio is enough. He has a very good YouTube channel and writes for the Radio User magazine (now incorporated into Practical Wireless).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShIaxX0yTF4&t=1152s

Had a tune around in the south of the country to see if any obvious casualties from storm there today, - Classic Hits from N0WEN HILL 95.4 is gone blank (still transmitting but silent)

Audio back, but sounding uncompressed ("flat" )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I noticed today that there was 1960s music being played on 98.4 FM when driving around south Dublin. That is the frequency normally used by The 90s Network. I assume that it is the same people behind this '60s station.

I presume because of their friends over on Freedom (who cater for 90s) being available on FM licence for this month they are trying something different?

There is very little 60s music to be heard on radio in Ireland nowadays so maybe there is some audience for it?

In the UK, 60s music is more likely to be heard on radio, and still playlisted to a significant extent by 'Gold' (albeit Gold gone from nighttime 1548kHz MW over here as of a few days ago) and there is the 'That's 60s' music TV channel available on free-to-air satellite receivers as well as Sky etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mrwish

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong place. Thought this thread might be the best match for something on the more nerdy side of radio! 😄

I'm in Cheltenham in the UK, and during the high pressure conditions over the weekend I've had a few Irish stations on FM here.

This morning I have Spirit Radio on 94.5, listed as Wexford but with power unknown (on FMLIST). Does anyone know any more details about this one? I'm guessing it could actually be on Forth Mountain like some of the other stations as I've also been getting South East Radio on 96.4 which is listed as from there at 400W. On top of that, earlier I also had Spirit on 90.1, listed just as Waterford - also without any more detail.

Today FM on 100.8 from the Suir Valley/Corbally Wood site has also been coming in both this morning and yesterday. Newstalk on 106.4 was in yesterday which was a real surprise as it's listed as just 250W from Corran Mountain in Cork, which is 440km from here!

Antenna is just an FM dipole mounted vertically in my loft.

Always interesting to read of long distance reception of Irish transmiters

the lift conditions continuing this morning, Heart (south Wales) 105.4 coming in relatively well (RDS levels) on car radio, French on 104.7 (no RDS), Nation on 102.9 (Carmel) an unusual one to hear amongst others to the south coast of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I picked up some UK stations on my DAB clock radio in Dublin 5 last night, including BBC Cornwall. Picked up all the national UK stations on FM too, including Classic FM. Was a fun evening.

Very long distance DAB reception during such exceptional conditions are going to be over long sea paths, and unlike most of the rest of Dublin, you have a straight line across sea - from Dublin 5 to Cornwall. (DAB 11B)

Last night near the south coast around 1AM moving about aerial (a weak spot for Newstalk 107.6 transmitters) I was getting an unusual French station on 107.6 FM from "Morlaix/Langolvas" . It was noisy, and no RDS decode but I heard the station name Radio Bonheur. Its from the northwest of France and their 107.6 listed as being just 1kW.

Surprisingly the music was all in the French language, no English - it seems to be their format from some info online about the station.

I think these conditions have greatly reduced today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

I was also picking up U.K. DAB from the U.K. here in Cork City using just a Roberts portable and a telescopic antenna. Lots of Welsh transmitters were being heard on FM so I was guessing that the DAB was also coming from Wales. I am blocked to my south by the airport hill

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mrwish

Europe 1 (from Brest or one of the other nearby transmitters on the same frequency) would be my guess for 104.7. Brest DAB on 9A is one to look out for too when the conditions are right, that was being received right up into central England last week I think. Distance to the south coast of Ireland would be similar I think and has the benefit of being mostly or all sea path depending on how far west you are.

I had Amiens DAB on 8D myself despite being blocked by hills to my south and east!

Interesting to hear about stuff being received in Ireland from over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IPRAatDCU

Did you by any chance record the 2BP relay from Energy AM?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The big SSB amateur radio contest of the year, CQ Worldwide, will start at 0000 UTC Saturday 28th, 0100 Irish time. A flavour of the 2022 contest in the video below. The contest bands will be filled with signals depending on the time of day. 10 metres should be lively.

Anyone tuning the bands should set tuning steps to 0.5 khz if possible. Those without HF receivers can listen on the Kiwi receivers, of which there are a few in Ireland. There is a drop down menu to select the Amateur bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5rFn4g9BUw&t=261s

http://rx.linkfanel.net/snr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Donuthead

Quiet on here lately!

Yesterday I heard Daniella on 1206 khz relaying a station called Jazz 24. Energy continues on 1440 khz, it is on air right now as I type playing Roxy Music, Avalon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Spirit is decent

Advertisement