Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

In Dublin City this afternoon

91.0 Hot FM and a strong carrier on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

In Dublin City this afternoon

91.0 Hot FM and a strong carrier on 107.1

Yea picking that blank strong. carrier in South louth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The over modulated dance station (UNID ) has reappeared this afternoon on 94.1

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

That blank carrier that was on 107.1 in Dublin the last week or so is off today

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

That blank carrier that was on 107.1 in Dublin the last week or so is off today
    Im picking it up now in clondalkin
    Wrong info

• Advertisement

Im picking it up now in clondalkin
    Wrong info

Oh well done, it was off earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Any chance of music, jingles, presenters, you know that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Oh well done, it was off earlier

Sure anyone can now put a blank carrier on 107.1 as there not been anyone on it for weeks.

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Sure anyone can now put a blank carrier on 107.1 as there not been anyone on it for weeks.
    Sure anyone can so its your carrier on 107.1 ?
    Or your just another one of these boards.ie people that sit on there computer typing on here that does noting.
    I know i havent the equipment to put a carrier on so not us all can

Its true what some people say theres a lot of people on here then can do feck all but can talk the talk
    If its so easy to do whats your station or carrier and your name
    My name is Joe O Sullivan and im a Radio Enthusiast im not hidden behind a username .
    Sorry but some people on here really Frustrate me good for typing and giving there Negative views on matters that they could not do themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheBMG

I know this one!

PARKLIFE!!

Or your just another one of these boards.ie people that sit on there computer typing on here that does noting.

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

Its true what some people say theres a lot of people on here then can do feck all but can talk the talk

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

My name is Joe O Sullivan and im a Radio Enthusiast im not hidden behind a username

PARKLIFE!!

Sorry but some people on here really Frustrate me good for typing and giving there Negative views on matters that they could not do themselves.

PARKLIFE!!

• Advertisement

107.1 is a great frequency and Phever is looking for a new home....... just putting that out there. #bringbackphever #pheverbeliever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

tiswasfan wrote: »
    107.1 is a great frequency and Phever is looking for a new home....... just putting that out there. #bringbackphever #pheverbeliever

Club Fm have been clear they will be back on 107.1fm, There social media has the posts.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Club Fm have been clear they will be back on 107.1fm, There social media has the posts.

Yadda Yadda Yadda, any idiot can put a carrier on any frequency, let's hear some music, jingles, presenters or stfu and make way for a real station. We've had lotsa talk and very little action.

TheBMG wrote: »
    I know this one!

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!

My name is Joe O Sullivan and im a Radio Enthusiast im not hidden behind a username

PARKLIFE!!

PARKLIFE!!
    This is what im talking about brain on a 10 year old

tiswasfan wrote: »

And be on fm for how long.
    Whats wrong with the rest of the band
    What happened the last few times phever came back hey
    Wasnt long if i remember they be next on the list 91.6 best place for them i think lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'd love to hear Phever and some other alternative stations back on FM. Phever seem happy enough though on their digital platforms and are doing well.

The only city wide FM pirate in Dublin is Hot, and there aren't too many positives to say about that (weak signal, poor playout, limited music selection, too many ads, lack of imaging, poor audio quality and low modulation). It could have done really well with some effort, even if it was left just in automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheBMG

JDxtra wrote: »
    I'd love to hear Phever and some other alternative stations back on FM. Phever seem happy enough though on their digital platforms and are doing well.

The only city wide FM pirate in Dublin is Hot, and there aren't too many positives to say about that (weak signal, poor playout, limited music selection, too many ads, lack of imaging, poor audio quality and low modulation). It could have done really well with some effort, even if it was left just in automation.

Can you even describe Hot as citywide? I’ve a decent car radio and it struggles to get a consistent signal from them in most parts of Dublin.

TheBMG wrote: »
    Can you even describe Hot as citywide? I’ve a decent car radio and it struggles to get a consistent signal from them in most parts of Dublin.

Well, that's true! What I mean is that it's not a low powered/local area only station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Well, that's true! What I mean is that it's not a low powered/local area only station.

Why is it that practically all the low powered/local area only stations tend to be over the west of the city??

Why is it that practically all the low powered/local area only stations tend to be over the west of the city??
    Coincidence I guess. They generally don't come from high sites, so it's likely just whatever the operators had access to.

The Beach/The Vault on 105.7 were on the south side.

• Advertisement

Coincidence I guess. They generally don't come from high sites, so it's likely just whatever the operators had access to.

The Beach/The Vault on 105.7 were on the south side.

It depends on your definition of low power/local only. I would classify that in a third category: not city-wide but covering a relatively large or dispersed region. I would include Chill FM in that and also The 90s Network on the northside. Energy Power AM kind of hovers between citywide and this third category!

Or to put it another way. There are three main types of geographical spreads for the pirates in Dublin.
    1. Only picked up around a specific area of Dublin
    2. Picked up to a limited extent in various areas of Dublin
    3. Picked up more or less citywide

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

The 90s Network are on the Northside I believe.

The 90s Network are on the Northside I believe.

That's true but how localised are they? See my previous post.

Blank carrier on 92.0, No RDS, I’d say it’s Retro radio, Very strong in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Quite simple in terms of Phever and Club imo
    Club on 107.1, Phever on 91.6 both where they were before

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

that is already how things are.
    it's just one individual trying to suggest otherwise to sturr.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Getting Storm NE on 104.2 this evening. Also RetroNow on 102.5 reaching me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Retro playing on 92.0 with RDS. Good signal in Phoenix Park area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Yea its a pain when im workin/driving around every day with no pirates on guys.. and i prefer listing on fm too... Freedom 92 is back but online only. Myself and a few of the freedom crew back doing shows :) Wish it was on fm but highly doubt it.Had a quick listen to Hot the other day:eek: Hope Club and Pirate fm back soon!!

• Advertisement

Yea its a pain when im workin/driving around every day with no pirates on guys.. and i prefer listing on fm too... Freedom 92 is back but only online only. Myself and a few of the freedom crew back doing shows :) Wish it was on fm but highly doubt it.Had a quick listen to Hot the other day:eek: Hope Club and Pirate fm back soon!!
    Freedom sounding great, nice effort put into all aspects of it.

Advertisement