Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not reaching out my way, will try it if I get closer.

Is there RDS/stereo encoding on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is it just me or has Now fm signal changed? Could get it out the Southside this morning where it's usually non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dance music on 102.5FM - relay of Mix Radio.

Decent signal across the southside.

Frequency has not been used for years - Lite did not like white noise when Caroline suffered a few technical issues back in the day - once you don't over modulate perfectly ok.

Audio is basic with no processing on 102.5

Which Mix Radio is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    Not reaching out my way, will try it if I get closer.

Is there RDS/stereo encoding on it?

Not great in the South West -no RDS - audio has improved this afternoon.

Which Mix - only hearing IDs for 'Mix'

Not great in the South West -no RDS - audio has improved this afternoon.

Which Mix - only hearing IDs for 'Mix'

Oh, you said “relaying”, so I thought it was another station

• Advertisement

paulwilson wrote: »
    Hi guys just to bring u all up to date our technical team have been working on the audio the past week some tweekin has been achieved with the audio on easyradio 93.2 Dublin

listening last evening - some good tunes , Michael Flak, Deacon Blue etc

Audio is good , personally would like it a bit tighter and a bit more bass but that's me, the stereo is now well separated and the signal is very good.

Well done to all for continuing to provide a listening alternative.

Fresh FM been around intermittently for a while, a poster made reference to it on the second page of this thread in 2013 as Space FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ODTR

Fresh FM been around intermittently for a while, a poster made reference to it on the second page of this thread in 2013 as Space FM

Still on test 6 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

ODTR wrote: »
    Still on test 6 years later.

This is the final test almost ready for the launch from Cape Canaverol to the moon 😃 on a one way journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Have to say I would have found myself been one of the negative people towards now fm. But tuned in a few times over the last couple of weeks and they seem to have found there place. Plenty of good mixs etc. We'll done who ever is involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

castle2012 wrote: »
    Have to say I would have found myself been one of the negative people towards now fm. But tuned in a few times over the last couple of weeks and they seem to have found there place. Plenty of good mixs etc. We'll done who ever is involved

It's slowly improving but it has been a long road. I think the main issue now is a lack a of a music identity. Who are they trying to attract as listeners? A pirate station should have a niche, some form of purpose - enough to attract and retain loyal listeners interested in that genre.

With the odd exception, its pot luck what you will hear on Now FM. Listeners might as well listen to 98 FM or Spin if this is the case. It needs better consistency in music and shows.

One positive example is the Piano Man show they play on Friday evenings. It's well put together and may have been one of DJ mixes you heard. Weekend morning and early afternoons also have good consistency. Well done to those presenters for sticking it out.

Outside of this it is largely automated - is there is some reason why other presenters are avoiding a commitment to it? Maybe more syndicated shows in the evenings would be an alternative to fill some of the gaps.

Best of luck to team Now. Next few weeks just tighten things up and it will do well over the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Hi gang just to let you no easyradio is now available on freeDAB in cork along with soul city and NRG cork

Dance music on 102.5FM - relay of Mix Radio.

Decent signal across the southside.

Frequency has not been used for years - Lite did not like white noise when Caroline suffered a few technical issues back in the day - once you don't over modulate perfectly ok.

Audio is basic with no processing on 102.5

Heard this for the first time this evening. Signal dropped off on N4 heading west once I got past Liffey Valley. Did appear to be a relay of something called "Mix Radio" but didn't catch any further info.

Signal was flagged as stereo, but audio was flat - no RDS either.

* UPDATE * Possibly a relay of this: https://tunein.com/radio/The-Mix-Radio-s105992

Now FM back to usual with dead air all morning and again this evening. This is basic stuff.

Now FM back to usual with dead air all morning and again this evening. This is basic stuff.
    When ?
    Anytime I have done a scan the signal has been modulated.

Mix 102.5 back on since yesterday - off all weekend , while the beach 105 7 seems to be a 24/7 operation these days.

When ?

Mix 102.5 back on since yesterday - off all weekend , while the beach 105 7 seems to be a 24/7 operation these days.
    This morning Now FM had carrier with rds but no audio before 9a.m. but came back later not sure of time.

Off again this evening around 8 to 8.30p.m. maybe earlier. Heard it come back straight into a song suggests to me not a link issue. Hot FM off around same time. Retro Now off yesterday day time also.

Stations should add fallback audio in case link breaks or playout fails in studio.

Amazing this pirate mux on in Cork, I wonder if Comreg would even know what to do with it?

Amazing this pirate mux on in Cork, I wonder if Comreg would even know what to do with it?

It can be traced the same way as an unlicensed FM broadcast. Depends how bothered they are. Probably not particularly bothered unless there are legitimate complaints against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Phever back? 94.3 sounds good

• Advertisement

Phever back? 94.3 sounds good

Yep, sounding nice here.

Hot gone again. Friday of a holiday weekend lots of people in the car going places. Hot should make the effort to check they are actually on air instead of posting rubbish on Facebook.

When ?

This morning Now FM had carrier with rds but no audio before 9a.m. but came back later not sure of time.

Off again this evening around 8 to 8.30p.m. maybe earlier. Heard it come back straight into a song suggests to me not a link issue. Hot FM off around same time. Retro Now off yesterday day time also.

Stations should add fallback audio in case link breaks or playout fails in studio.
    These are pirate stations - station that can be taken off air at any time with all equipment seized.
    There is no benefit of adding fallback audio.
    I could point out fundamental faults in legal stations which with all there finances and technical know how remain unresolved.

Instead let's praise the efforts of the on air srations who risk losing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Phever back? 94.3 sounds good ??
    Out southside a new station on 94.3 now , they had a blank carrier for the last few weeks , however they are playing music tonight , sounds very strong in Town .
    Also Energy AM were live most of tonight heard 2 different presenters and they said they were 24 hours a day for the long weekend . I have to say for AM they sound very good ( not as good as Manx ) !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is Redrock in Carlow a legal or pirate?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is Redrock in Carlow a legal or pirate?

Pirate.

SATNAV wrote: »
    Phever back? 94.3 sounds good ??
    Out southside a new station on 94.3 now , they had a blank carrier for the last few weeks , however they are playing music tonight , sounds very strong in Town .
    Also Energy AM were live most of tonight heard 2 different presenters and they said they were 24 hours a day for the long weekend . I have to say for AM they sound very good ( not as good as Manx ) !
    94.3 is something else today.

94.3 is something else today.

Update - station is called "Choonz".

Update - station is called "Choonz".

What’s it playing?

• Advertisement

What’s it playing?

I suppose you'd call it oldies. On M50 earlier it was strongest on south side.

Advertisement