Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

bbk wrote: »
    I will look forward to seeing how this pans out. December 21st is the date I heard in Dubai. One hour after current flight. Delays and things could see a couple of 777s land one after the other - optimistically speaking.

*waits*

Heard it's a once off flight on 21/12 to cope with the Xmas extra demand. Haven't come across any official mention of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

lord lucan wrote: »
    Heard it's a once off flight on 21/12 to cope with the Xmas extra demand. Haven't come across any official mention of it yet.

That is what I hear re: demand. Not too sure if it is a once off flight or a one off "season" of Saturday flights.

I have noticed some Aer Lingus flights doubling up to certain destinations, as in two lanes to London just to pick a destination. Would they be under the same flight code or would an additional one be used for the second plane?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

andy_g wrote: »
    Hows the weather at home?

Absolutely lovely, just amazing.

Coming home at 6 and it's feckin pitch black and freezing cold outside.

Malta can't beat weather like this.

:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ah we're dark an hour before you so. Ok it is warmer and cheaper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

bbk wrote: »
    I hear that a second Emirates flight to Dubai is confirmed for December onwards, Saturdays only. Waters being tested with a second 777.

The 22nd, there are 2 EK flights to dublin. The scheduled one at 11:20 and an extra one arriving an hour later at 12:20.
    An extra flight due to Christmas demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dear Aer Lingus. How ****ing difficult is it to develop an app that actually works when trying to check in for a flight ? Despite my mega fast internet connection in the hotel it still manages to tell me I have no connectivity.... About my ninth time to try this it's worked once which I'm convinced was an accident.

http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/deginfo.php?classname=AMPS&originating_school=

Does anyone know anything about this? The first group is in their fourth year now.

The "With Pilot Studies" just basically means you can go to Jerez or Oxford after third year, you'd still have to fund it yourself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

whitebriar wrote: »
    Greetings from aboard Ei 137 at 37,000 ft,somewhere near New found land ,3hrs and 20 mins from Bos.
    Apart from the lovely food,our Ei premier hostesses are drowning us in a tasty South African red.
    we may need wheel chair assistance on dis embarking :D

Showing your age there....."Premier" has been replaced by "Business"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Tenger wrote: »
    Showing your age there....."Premier" has been replaced by "Business"
    It will always be premier to me with service like this excellent crew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

lord lucan wrote: »

Second daily flights from March is what I hear, after a one or a series of January "extra demand" ones for lack of a better term.

Mad thing also about a Dublin to USA route by Emirates in an effort to expand. Nothing to do with Dubai to JFK, its a seperate route. All I can say at the moment.

2544963-philosoraptor-meme-generator-hmmm-interesting-124568.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

Atlanta.

That is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Good as place as any for this :)

CXzkckp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Windy day, 2 Aer Lingus 1 ryanair and a Luftsansa to come in. Battle for the best pilot begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Only competition will be for safest pilot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Completely agree. Good news is they are landing again

Well it does have 2 aircraft in the shot..........

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=779199752096621

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭durandal01

A parody of Van Damme's Volvo ad featuring Chuck and some Lockheeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

durandal01 wrote: »
    A parody of Van Damme's Volvo ad featuring Chuck and some Lockheeds.

Moved to off topic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Anyone watch any of Season 13 of Air crash investigation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Had a very fun night flying from DUB - LGW yesterday evening on EI... Having a bit of banter with the FAs while buying beers and one says yeah you might want those if your nerves are bad and it could be a while before we get you to a bar ! Little did I know she must have been briefed as what happened next was my first go around..... The aircraft was all over the shop coming in... We got the main gear on the runway just as my buddy says "yep we are down" we spool up and away we go back into the night sky.... The idiot... Anyway next go is even bumpier... But somehow we actually get down.. Great job by the guys flying EI246 last night and a super cabin crew too....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Robbed from Twitter
    BgSA_nKCYAE2HcZ.jpg:large

barrabest Barra Best 20m
    Plane gets damaged at @ShannonAirport as wind gusts up to 99mph/159kmph. Photo by Brendan Begley #stormireland pic.twitter.com/ifvf4fQyaG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Photo from Shannon Airport, linkie here. Hope all are okay!

1796545_743650682319263_1523250571_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Photo from Shannon Airport, linkie here. Hope all are okay!

1796545_743650682319263_1523250571_n.jpg

Reported that it was an empty aircraft so I imagine there are no injuries as a result.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Reported that it was an empty aircraft so I imagine there are no injuries as a result.

Looks that way. Doors all closed, no equipment in the area. Maybe more susceptible as it was lighter than normal at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I believe the Fire Training aircraft at DUB,the old FR Eircell bird,took a 45 degree turn last week during the strong gusts. When i arrived back into DUB from HAM on Sunday i noticed it had what appeared to be concrete blocks either side of its nose gear,i assume to stop another repeat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Booking what is increasingly likely to be my last ever flights on a trijet and possibly even a Douglas at the moment - doing a self-transfer in Montreal to get to Portland Oregon to allow me to get a scheduled MD11 both ways.

Going to be slightly weird knowing they're all gone from Europe considering my first flight was on a British Midland DC9-30 what didn't feel like *that* long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Was thinking that it must be pretty boring being a fireman in an airport as they rarely get any action, practically never any fires.

Does anyone know any and what do they do all day apart from the fire training on the static aircraft? Are there lots of short shifts together with part-timers or are they full-timers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

They are mostly firemen AND airport police. So if not on duty in the station they are on patrol as policemen. Not sure about DUB but defo in ORK and SNN.

Advertisement