Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Quite possibly to do with the Norwegian link up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

martinsvi wrote: »
    anyone noticed anything unusual on Ryanair's destination list lately?

Did you not read about the Air Europa partnership?

Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico, US etc all through Madrid. Should be bookable in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Quite possibly to do with the Norwegian link up.

Air Eiropa in this case, only serving Madrid in this side of the pond, still an interesting development, I suppose the appetite is there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Did you not read about the Air Europa partnership?

no I did not, would you believe it..

You can actually book all those flights to Madrid ATM, operated by Air Europa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

martinsvi wrote: »
    anyone noticed anything unusual on Ryanair's destination list lately?

From FR website...

ROUTES TO ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, CUBA, MEXICO & USA ON SALE ON RYANAIR.COM

Ryanair, Spain’s No.1 airline, today (23 May) announced a new flight partnership with Air Europa, which will allow its 130m customers to book Air Europa long haul flights on the Ryanair.com website. From today, customers can browse and book Air Europa flights on 20 long haul routes from Madrid to 16 countries in North, Central and South America, including Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico and the United States.

This new Air Europa partnership is the latest initiative delivered under Year 4 of Ryanair’s “Always Getting Better” customer experience programme, and follows the launch of Ryanair’s connecting flight service via Rome Fiumicino last week.

The second phase of this Air Europa partnership will be launched later this year and will allow Ryanair customers to connect onto Air Europa long haul flights through Madrid. Ryanair is continuing its discussions with a number of other long haul airlines on potential feed and connecting flight partnerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

#MU736 China Eastern. Sydney-Shanghi is returning to Sydney immediately after departure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Fan blade?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any delays on departures in LGW today? FR117 quite a but behind. Looking at others there's a good 30 min delta from schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was on a KL 175 yesterday that did a rolling takeoff at AMS - never noticed a KL pilot doing that before (LH seem to do it all the time). Anyone know if they have a standard policy on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jealous of the jetbridges queueing on a 31*c apron behind an idling engine #1 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats a quick way to get me to never fly with your airline again?

58cxa5dil05z.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/6imf10/xpost_from_raviation_s8_ad_on_plane_window/

That's probably the most annoying thing I've ever seen, rivalling the time I booked row 10 seat a on Air Europa on both flights, the out and return, only to be greeted by a wall instead of a window.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103863813 large aviation text and ephemera collection looking for a good home

Just boarded through an airbridge onto my Ryanair flight in Lanzarote, funny, never had that happen before, it's rare. I understand AENA wish for them to use Airbridges.

Also, a member of our group got allocated an emergency seat free of charge.

EIs change of handler at AMS means they don't have a permanently open bag drop. Rather awkward if you wanted to do something else than sit around!

5 permanently branded desks and sizers, aerclub logos etc so they now have more visible presence here than ever but they're all closed currently. There's a a flight to DUB going right now so it's possible the same staff do gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Just off EI-GAJ. Nice and brand spanking new.

When wanting something light and sporty for the weekend is taken to a whole new level...

French general accused of using fighter jet for weekend commutes to Provence
    http://news.sky.com/story/french-general-accused-of-using-fighter-jet-for-weekend-commutes-to-provence-10930793

Half an hour, really? Assuming that it immediately flies at 1000km/h from takeoff to landing, it would still take nearly 40 minutes, and I doubt the aircraft would be able to reach its top speed for a significant portion of the journey.

• Advertisement

You can't really expect Sky to have a great grasp of the laws of physics, but the General was still a silly boy.

You can't really expect Sky to have a great grasp of the laws of physics, but the General was still a silly boy.

Tis simple maths really, but we've come to expect this sort of journalism haven't we?

You'd wonder how he got away with it so long, I know the military can be quite a hush hush place, but with such a jet going missing every weekend for a few hours must have raised a few heads sooner?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You'd wonder how he got away with it so long, I know the military can be quite a hush hush place, but with such a jet going missing every weekend for a few hours must have raised a few heads sooner?

I find it amazing that the jet wasn't really missed, and that it only really came to light when he had a crew drop him off and pick him up in a transporter. But it is France, and a bottle of vin rouge to the right person can cover up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

you think that only happens in France?!

Coveney is a fan of using the defence forces aircraft too it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Ever since the military got aircraft, they have used them for unofficial jaunts. This is not new. You can hide a lot under the cover-all name of "training".

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Those Canadian pilots that were caught over the limit to fly in Glasgow last year may just have a new champion....Danny Healy-Rae!

"Mr Healy-Rae stressed he would have no issue with a pilot who had drunk tow or three glasses of beer: “I’d go in the plane myself. I believe what I am saying.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/danny-healy-rae-three-glasses-of-beer-not-a-danger-on-the-road-1.3150784

I think boards needs a facepalm emoticon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was recently updating my flight log and was looking for some reg's I've flown on in the last five years. I know there are some databases for certain airports, theres a really good one for LGW and LHR that goes back decades.

I was looking for some flights I'd taken in Asia though and couldn't find anything until I came across the playback feature on planefinder. I'd used a similar feature on Flightradar 24 for a long time but this only goes back a week or so for free. With Planefinder though, it goes all the way back to 2011. Coverage gets a bit more patchy the further you gp back but its still a really good resource.

Some of the information is buggy as well though I think, one flight I took in June 2013 was shown as being operated by an aircraft delivered in 2014. I did check some other flights i took at this time that I already knew the registrations and it was correct. May be useful for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Jude13

Random one, flown emirates loads, sometimes I get an amenity bag sometimes not. My wee one loves them and has asked me to grab one this thursday as I am flying with them. Anyone any idea why sometimes you get one and sometimes you dont?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

For us it depends on the sector and time of day. It's possible that EK apply the same philosophy.

Advertisement