Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K14 THREAD

Options
  • 24-04-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas that they would like included in the new game? What will replace the attitude era and anyone have any good ideas for legends in the game?

Personally I would like Jake Roberts and same of the old WCW/ECW guys that wouldnt have been included before!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bruno Sammartino is going to be in the game.
    I`d like to see them continue the Attitude Era mode after WrestleMania XV up to Mania XVII.
    Would also like them to promise they will be pushing on the franchise in the next gen, lets face it they barely pushed on this gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WCW era stuff (I havent played a WWE game since around 2009 so I've no idea if they've been in recent ones) would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

krudler wrote: »
    WCW era stuff (I havent played a WWE game since around 2009 so I've no idea if they've been in recent ones) would be cool.

Yeah a WCW or ECW mode would be great! A mode showing the Monday Night wars from the WCW perspective would be class but guess its very unlikely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Emma's theme and entrance.

It's a little thing but I would like it if They brought back the rope break animations only this time they don't activate until the two count.

Snark answer: a working server.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Massive roster. maybe copy over wrestlers for older games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

A proper career mode, building a caw and working your way up from jobber to main eventer to eventual hall of famer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

It would be awesome to have a be a pro mode similar to that in fifa, you could start out in the Indies, maybe throw roh some much needed $$$ for a licence where you have to reach some achievements in order to get noticed by wwe and start out there in nxt again hoping to get the call up to the main roster and work your way up the card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Fix the online. Not just servers, but THQ fighting are notorious for having unbalanced, unfair fighting, where players quickly find out the exploits and every match ends up being the same. Every wwe game for years had one running move that was virtually unblockable, and players would do it, wait for you to stand up, do it again. Rinse and repeat. I actually think they never fixed it, as WWE 13 also had an unblockable move that lots of people used to always use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Andy_rse wrote: »
    It would be awesome to have a be a pro mode similar to that in fifa, you could start out in the Indies, maybe throw roh some much needed $$$ for a licence where you have to reach some achievements in order to get noticed by wwe and start out there in nxt again hoping to get the call up to the main roster and work your way up the card.

2K do an awesome My Player mode in NBA 2K13 so they hopefully put a lot of effort into it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think 2k14 is gonna have THQ written all over it, given it was already on production when 2k bought the licence. I don't think 2k will make much of a stamp on the game until next year's iteration. How much of a factor is Yukes in the gameplay style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Will be interesting to see if this is released on XBox One & PS4! Hopefully it wont be just a rehash of the games that will be released on PS3 & 360.

Hopefully it will be announced soon! Think the roster was announced around Summerslam time last year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Will be interesting to see if this is released on XBox One & PS4! Hopefully it wont be just a rehash of the games that will be released on PS3 & 360.

Hopefully it will be announced soon! Think the roster was announced around Summerslam time last year.

As the release date for WWE 2K14 is in October of this year I can't see it making XBox One or PS4 this time around. Which is good, I'd rather 2k sports take their time before making the next gen series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I always buy the games for full price when they come out, play them 3 times and then have no interest in it, i suppose it cause i dont have online (stupid ps3 breaking and relying on my old xbox) but even at that the core gameplay and enjoyability hasnt changed in years....hiac matches, same spots, extreme rules matches same spots etc....the last time i really felt a buzz and constantly played it was 2008 because the extreme rules match was so different!

They need to pack out the roster to, really really pack it out with different variations to the character, i think shut your mouth had so many really good wrestlers in it that it was hard to put down, whereas characters like in recent versions have all seemed meh (suppose thats more of a real life problem), but with the lisences wwe own, so many more ledgends can be included to make the ultimate game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Futureshop in Canada added a listing for the WWE 2K14 videogame that will be released this October, noting the following features for the game:
    *Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars.

*Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes.

*Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance.

*Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers.

*Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches.

WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar.

The game will be released this October for PS3 and XBox360.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Futureshop in Canada added a listing for the WWE 2K14 videogame that will be released this October, noting the following features for the game:
    *Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars.

*Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes.

*Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance.

*Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers.

*Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches.

WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar.

The game will be released this October for PS3 and XBox360.

Sounds fecking revolutionary

So, same shpiel thats spouted for every single WWE game so... I've a feeling this will be the same as WWE 13 again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    So, same shpiel thats spouted for every single WWE game so... I've a feeling this will be the same as WWE 13 again...

A pure copy and paste job i'd say. Should give it a year off to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I haven't played the latest few so maybe it has been changed but they need some new system for escaping pins rather than the 'wiggle the thumbsticks as much as you can' system, which results in you beating your opponent for the entirety of the match only to have them pin you on their first attempt because you can't escape fast enough.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I haven't played the latest few so maybe it has been changed but they need some new system for escaping pins rather than the 'wiggle the thumbsticks as much as you can' system, which results in you beating your opponent for the entirety of the match only to have them pin you on their first attempt because you can't escape fast enough.

Its been changed to an arguably equally as bad system whereby you hold down a button to fill a meter, and release at a certain point on that meter, damage dependant. Which also results in the cpu getting a pin because you've over or under filled the meter. I hate the meter!!! Much preferred the button mashing escapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

First time on Xbox live today just to get some caws God its a ling process between service down and carp caws, hope it's easy to filter in the next installment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I am glad to see the macho man is gonna be in the game. It looks like the changes are gonna be very subtle based on the trailer

max life wrote: »
    I am glad to see the macho man is gonna be in the game. It looks like the changes are gonna be very subtle based on the trailer

It looks exactly like WWE 13. I've never in my life seen HBK flapjack someone into Sweet Chin Music either

It looks exactly like WWE 13. I've never in my life seen HBK flapjack someone into Sweet Chin Music either

Yeah i thought that was funny......so unrealistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

To be fair the No Mercy and Fire Pro games we all rave about often had special move variations like this that the wrestlers never used in real life. So HBK being able to perform a Swiss Death Super Kick doesn't bother me.

Good thing this isn't a next gen game or else I'd be even more embarrassed for the crew making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Speakin of which i hope we get a new firepro on the next gen

Speakin of which i hope we get a new firepro on the next gen

Doubtful. Sure we didnt get one for the current gen, unless you count that xbla ****e

It seems that The Ultimate Warrior will be in the game.
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/07/ultimate-warrior-unleashes-on-wwe-2k14-roster/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Doubtful. Sure we didnt get one for the current gen, unless you count that xbla ****e

That.....was not Fire Pro Wrestling :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well holy god.

The WWE announcement Monday will include Ultimate Warrior being there to announce his participation in the WWE 2K14 video game according to multiple sources in the company.

Some buzz had gotten out since a photo of Warrior appeared in an ad that appears for the game in the August issue of WWE Magazine, with a big ad of Rock and smaller inset of Warrior.

Warrior, with face paint, filmed a commercial with a Los Angeles group called Zambezi within the last few days, according to one company source. He is the big game surprise like Brock Lesnar in the 2012 game and Mike Tyson in the 2013 game.

One person who works at a store that distributes the game has noted material to be released with his photo showing his face and underneath is saying you get it if you pre-order the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Getting a bit chilly in hell tomorrow.

Advertisement