Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange reasons for getting the sack

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Odysseus wrote: »
    That is fcuking shocking, the lack of help is bad, but you are timed if you go the jacks? How long do you get a day?

It was something like 9 minutes over the course of the working day but honestly if you had an off day you were never pulled for it. I don't anyone else who ever got pulled for that particular rule. It's wasn't strictly enforced but this girl used to spend 15 to 2o mins of each hour in the loo some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

wonder if a doctors note woulda been any use to her case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Catkins407 wrote: »
    It was something like 9 minutes over the course of the working day

I'm only settling in for a dump by the 9 minute mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Alright lad how's the form lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Catkins407 wrote: »
    It was something like 9 minutes over the course of the working day but honestly if you had an off day you were never pulled for it. I don't anyone else who ever got pulled for that particular rule. It's wasn't strictly enforced but this girl used to spend 15 to 2o mins of each hour in the loo some days.

Who the fcuk came up with 9mins a day. I have this image of a big countdown clock on the wall and the music playing as people try to get back to their desks in time.

I thought stuff like this went out in the 60s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Worked in a similar place with times given for breaks which included the toilet. 21 minutes per 7 hour shift. That included fag breaks which was annoying as I was on the 2nd floor and the smoking shelter was around the back of the building. I won't name the company, but little-wood change their mind about the policy.

On the topic I know of a girl who was fired for flashing herself at a female colleague at the Christmas party. If she had done it to the right manager it would have been a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I heard of a fella who was fired from the kitchen of a hotel for sticking his mickey in the dishwasher.

she got away with a written warning....

I'll get me coat...

Its taken me 2 1/2 hrs for the penny to drop D'oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Odysseus wrote: »
    Who the fcuk came up with 9mins a day. I have this image of a big countdown clock on the wall and the music playing as people try to get back to their desks in time.

I thought stuff like this went out in the 60s.

Well as far as I know it's still in force to this day and there are always similar rules in call centres as you can't be out if the "queue" for very long otherwise people are stuck on hold waiting for calls to be answered.

The thing was I moved to a lovely company with no rules at all around breaks of any kind and honestly I spent most lunchtimes at my desk with a wrap or sandwich working through my lunch happily as I wasn't forced to do it. I wanted to do it as the company really looked after us and respected us.

We put up a big sign one day. It said " doing a good job in here is like peeing in a dark suit . It gives you a nice warm feeling but no one sees you doing it. " CEOs thought it was hilarious. In my previous company I'd have been put on a warning for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

anyone ever get the sack from a sack manufacturer?

Advertisement