Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's bugging Gilbert Grape? Gilbert Grape being you.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

endacl wrote: »
    I just talk to the internet. That's cheaper.
    and full of crazy people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

pharmaton wrote: »
    and full of crazy people :)

Crazy like a fox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Smidge wrote: »
    I tried to do something good and honest and decent and have ended up destroying my children's and oH's lives. Have put my home and basically everything at risk because of it.
    What worries me is how I can live with the guilt of what I have done to the people I love the most.
    In which case, you probably havn't destroyed anything long term. Short term maybe, but I hope long term karma sorts it out for you. Hang about for the long term, It'll be grand, it usually is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

In which case, you probably havn't destroyed anything long term. Short term maybe, but I hope long term karma sorts it out for you. Hang about for the long term, It'll be grand, it usually is:)

TBH I'm fuming with myself, I really should have known better.
    But oh no, I've walked us all into trouble.

As for the short term?
    Nothing short term about losing your house and making your children homeless:(

Damn, I'm stooopid!

Also, would love to set a dose of karma on a few folks right about .........NOW;)

TBH I'm fuming with myself, I really should have known better.
    But oh no, I've walked us all into trouble.

As for the short term?
    Nothing short term about losing your house and making your children homeless:(

Damn, I'm stooopid!

Also, would love to set a dose of karma on a few folks right about .........NOW;)
    Sounds tough, hope it works out ok for you. Head down, plough on, when you're going through hell, keep going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

endacl wrote: »
    Tell us about the stuff that went well so we can tell you you're fab!

Well, at the end, they asked me if I'd been scoping out the area. (I'd be relocating if I got it) That's a good sign... right? RIGHT?????

:pac:

Well, at the end, they asked me if I'd been scoping out the area. (I'd be relocating if I got it) That's a good sign... right? RIGHT?????

Naah, they just wanted to see if you were the stalker type.

Sounds tough, hope it works out ok for you. Head down, plough on, when you're going through hell, keep going.

Nothing worse than kicking yourself in your own arse lol
    It has learned me a good lesson

Do good deed=Bad idea:P

Is it the type of job that having a previous bout of depression will be relevant?

Is it the type of job that having a previous bout of depression will be relevant?

Well, it'd be busy and focussed lab work, so I'm not sure really. Maybe they might have concerns about concentration?

• Advertisement

Well, it'd be busy and focussed lab work, so I'm not sure really. Maybe they might have concerns about concentration?

If it's lab work I don't see how your past bout should hold any relevance and should not stop them from employing you.
    You'll do fine and if they don't take you on, their loss!

Naah, they just wanted to see if you were the stalker type.

I am. What's your point? :confused:

If it's lab work I don't see how your past bout should hold any relevance and should not stop them from employing you.
    You'll do fine and if they don't take you on, their loss!

Well, I shall update ye on this thread. I should know by the end of the week, or maybe early next week. I've another interview coming up, and am glad of the distraction!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

Someone say my name?? :)

Well, I shall update ye on this thread. I should know by the end of the week, or maybe early next week. I've another interview coming up, and am glad of the distraction!

Best of luck with it!

Took your time. What's bugging you?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Bugger Off!!

Took your time. What's bugging you?

Nothing at all,what makes you think that:cool:

Lon.C wrote: »
    Bugger Off!!

Whats up with you crabbit hole:p

Nothing at all,what makes you think that:cool:
    There must be somthing you could make up. Use your imagination. Make it gory and compelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Could be wrong on this but any medical information you disclose isn't supposed to be seen by the panel of interviewers. It gets separated before they see your application.

Also it is collected for generating statistics on equal opportunity monitoring. If employers are overlooking people with mental illness then hopefully the stats would highlight this. That's why it is important to fill in the form accurately and honestly. Fair play to you for that.

Best of luck with it anyway. Currently in the middle of a few interviews myself so know the stress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I am 99% positive I have schizoid personality disorder, and I could live with it, but I don't know how much longer I can continue to hide my symptoms from others in my daily life. I'm seeing a psychiatrist about it next week.

I am 99% positive I have schizoid personality disorder, and I could live with it, but I don't know how much longer I can continue to hide my symptoms from others in my daily life. I'm seeing a psychiatrist about it next week.
    Can you not get meds to stabilise your condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm waiting to hear back about a house, I texted the landlord two days ago and haven't heard anything since. This is the final hurdle to me getting the keys.

It's a lovely house in the right area, where I have a good support network, I had a terrible second half of last year, and so far the start of this one has been the worst I have ever put down, I need to get this house, I need a proper chance at a fresh start, I don't know what I will do if I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Just lost my job. Time to emigrate probably.

What do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Can you not get meds to stabilise your condition?
    The only meds available treat negative symptoms, e.g anhedonia, blunted affect, low energy and are known not to work particularly well. I only have the blunted affect, and that is not of concern to me.

The issues I am having trouble with relate to feigning interest in others, lack of empathy, avolition and my idiosyncrasies. I think I can overcome the avolition over time at least.

You should read up on the disorder:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

SamHall wrote: »
    Jimmy carr is on the TV right not.

My remote is on the other couch that I'm too lazy to walk over to.

Need I go on?

Thinly veiled "I have remote post" :mad:

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Could be wrong on this but any medical information you disclose isn't supposed to be seen by the panel of interviewers. It gets separated before they see your application.

Also it is collected for generating statistics on equal opportunity monitoring. If employers are overlooking people with mental illness then hopefully the stats would highlight this. That's why it is important to fill in the form accurately and honestly. Fair play to you for that.

Best of luck with it anyway. Currently in the middle of a few interviews myself so know the stress!

Thanks! :) Good luck to you too!

Everyone thinks it's great that I'm getting so many interviews, but I'm just getting more depressed with every failed one. :(

And it's hard preparing for them AND working. I know, I know, it's good I have a job, but there's a lot more than getting a new job at stake. I'm looking to relocate to move in with my fella and be nearer friends and family.

• Advertisement

Feck, sorry. :( In what industry was it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement