Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's bugging Gilbert Grape? Gilbert Grape being you.

Options
  • 23-04-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭

Ok, so what's worrying you the most right now? They say a problem shared is a problem halved. Being AH, it might be a case of a problem shared is a poster mocked, but leaving aside the mockers, the knockers and the downright fockers, what is your biggest worry today?

In the good tradition of AH, i.e the d.O.P.e who starts the thread has to contribute - things are very tight at the moment on the liquidity front. It's temporary and will pass, hopefully, but it's a worry and the nice bailiff turning up this eve out of the blue to relieve me of a large wodge of cash didn't reeally help either. Luckily, I had it,( I feckin don't now), or else I'd be lamenting the loss of my couch. So AH, what's your worry this fine day? Share, so we can care(or not, depending on the humour).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

N. Korea, used condoms, soiled tampoms, Muslim fundamentalists, the catholic church, Israel, tayto chocolate, single mothers, social welfare, skangers, swan eaters etc. all bug the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

N. Korea, used condoms, soiled tampoms, Muslim fundamentalists, the catholic church, Israel, tayto chocolate, single mothers, social welfare, skangers, swan eaters etc. all bug the hell out of me.
    Yeah yeah, but do they worry you? Are they your No.1 worry? Doubtful. I'd imagine it's that hard lump in your left rock, or your teenager shooting heroin in the front room, or the car crash you had on the M50. Kims an annoying needy fecker, but he's hardly a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have a bloody Master's dissertation to finish.....start...

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Jimmy carr is on the TV right not.

My remote is on the other couch that I'm too lazy to walk over to.

Need I go on?

SamHall wrote: »

Need I go on?
    "Huh Huh Huh Huh Haaaaaw. "

Anchor, huge anchor for that station so he is.

• Advertisement

Need I go on?
    Have you anything heavy within reach that you could chuck at the TV? Or is there anybody else in the gaff you could shout at to come in and change the channel?

That's what I'd do 'n all 'n anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

endacl wrote: »
    Have you anything heavy within reach that you could chuck at the TV? Or is there anybody else in the gaff you could shout at to come in and change the channel?

That's what I'd do 'n all 'n anyways.

I've Marley.

He's a black Boston terrier. Hates been thrown though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Mentioned a bout of depression I had in the last year on a medical form a filled out for an interview yesterday. :( WHY did I do that? And I really want the job! The interview went well... but when they read the form? Forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Adrian Kennedy phoneshow is on, endless useless arguments arrrrgh.

I applied to Uni as a mature student and hope I didn't f up the written exam last Saturday. I hope the cats don't have fleas, better buy some of that stuff for their necks tommorrow.. I have a wash on and it's taking bloody ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Workmates egos and arrogance. I'd like to break a few peoples noses.

• Advertisement

I've Marley.

He's a black Boston terrier. Hates been thrown though.
    Does he hate being thrown more than you hate Jimmy Carr? Your house, your rules.

Or you could learn a lesson from this unfortunate situation. Next time you can be arsed moving, spend the energy wisely and train Marley to fetch the remote! This of course means you shouldn't throw him now. Dented dogs are rubbish at fetching remotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Have a bloody Master's dissertation to finish.....start...

:confused:

I know how you feel, I've got a project due tomorrow morning at 10am, I've had about 8 months to do it and I've got about 1/250th done. So tempting to just crack a can and give up!

Mentioned a bout of depression I had in the last year on a medical form a filled out for an interview yesterday. :( WHY did I do that? And I really want the job! The interview went well... but when they read the form? Forget about it.
    Unless you're dealing with utter w4nkers, that shouldn't be an issue. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Worried that I may need a filling as one of my teeth is starting to hurt

A depressing situation really :pac:

Worries lads, worries. There's another thread for what annoys ye, one for what annoys others about you and loads on the Adrian Kennedy phone show(justifiably so). What is worrying you? Not bugging you, not causing you a rash, not mildly irritatating you. What is causing your hair to go grey, your pubes to fall out and your tossing and turning at night? And alopaecia doesn't qualify, unless it also worries you.

IceFjoem wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I've got a project due tomorrow morning at 10am, I've had about 8 months to do it and I've got about 1/250th done. So tempting to just crack a can and give up!
    I really have nothing to complain about. Its not due till mid July, and I've organised a 3 day week till June to get it bet into shape. From June on that turns into a 7 day weekend till September.

Guess what cushy job I'm retraining to leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Worries lads, worries. There's another thread for what annoys ye, one for what annoys others about you and loads on the Adrian Kennedy phone show(justifiably so). What is worrying you? Not bugging you, not causing you a rash, not mildly irritatating you. What is causing your hair to go grey, your pubes to fall out and your tossing and turning at night? And alopaecia doesn't qualify, unless it also worries you.

I pay somebody 60 euro an hour to talk to me.

Catkins407 wrote: »
    Worried that I may need a filling as one of my teeth is starting to hurt
    Whisky+pliers=problem solved.

I really have nothing to complain about. Its not due till mid July, and I've organised a 3 day week till June to get it bet into shape. From June on that turns into a 7 day weekend till September.

Guess what cushy job I'm retraining to leave?

Cushion salesman?

• Advertisement

IceFjoem wrote: »
    Cushion salesman?
    Spot on! Since the recession the cushion factory has been on short time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Jaysus Ok ok your one bossy fecker ......... Actually no it's too depressing to write them out , back into the repression vault they go .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Unless you're dealing with utter w4nkers, that shouldn't be an issue. Best of luck with it.

Thanks, I hope it somehow works out. I put it down because if I do the job, I'll have to have a medical anyway, and they'd prob get info from my current doctor too (with my consent, but I couldn't really refuse) and my GP is a straight up guy who wouldn't lie. (nor would I expect him to. :) )

pharmaton wrote: »
    I pay somebody 60 euro an hour to talk to me.
    I'll do it for €55 :D

Spot on! Since the recession the cushion factory has been on short time...

Ye cushions are more of a luxury item really...pillows, now there's a product!

Thanks, I hope it somehow works out. I put it down because if I do the job, I'll have to have a medical anyway, and they'd prob get info from my current doctor too (with my consent, but I couldn't really refuse) and my GP is a straight up guy who wouldn't lie. (nor would I expect him to. :) )

Well don't tell them about your turtle friends anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I tried to do something good and honest and decent and have ended up destroying my children's and oH's lives. Have put my home and basically everything at risk because of it.
    What worries me is how I can live with the guilt of what I have done to the people I love the most.

Very easy to focus on the one thing you think may have gone wrong. Whoever was interviewing you definitely knows somebody who has been through similar. Who doesn't these days?

Tell us about the stuff that went well so we can tell you you're fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I'll do it for €55 :D

should have said I already pay someone 60 euro an hour to talk to ;)
    wouldn't mind if he talked for an hour though, that'd be grand.

• Advertisement

pharmaton wrote: »
    should have said I already pay someone 60 euro an hour to talk to ;)
    wouldn't mind if he talked for an hour though, that'd be grand.
    I just talk to the internet. That's cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement