Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Coke

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Juice a whole lemon into a pint glass, dump a can of Pepsi on top and add some ice. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

irish-stew wrote: »

Still prefer Pepsi my self though.

Me too, 2 litres a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Used to drink 2 litre of Pepsi Max a day ... but back on the good old coke express - Cook a Ham in coke anyone? Seriously .. its caramelly lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I drank about 3 litres of Coke a day. I was recently diagnosed with Metabolic syndrome which would put me on the road to diabetes. Dreaded giving up my beloved Coke. Delayed a few weeks. I have always hated diet Coke. Saw the Cinema Coke Zero advert. Gave it a try.

OMG!! If an addict like me can barely tell the difference......

Some Symtoms of Metabolic Syndrome are:

Pissing like a racehorse all the time - Check
    Excessive Thirst - Check
    Lethargy - Check, Check, Check ie. Sugar comedowns

I started getting headaches after about a week on the Coke Zero. I figured out why.

Metabolic Syndrome made me excessively thirsty. What would I drink? Coke of course. The sugar in the Coke gave me Metabolic syndrome which made me excessively thirsty. What would I drink? Coke of course.......

You get the picture. Thats why I ended up on 3 litres a day.

Coke Zero has no sugar. Thus Metabolic Syndrome went away. No longer pissing like a racehorse. No longer excessively thirsty. Thus drinking less Coke Zero. Down to about 1.5 Litres a day.

What does coke zero still have? Same amount of caffeine as normal coke. I was still getting a caffeine fix but it was slashed in half because my Coke/Zero consumption was slashed in half. Headaches as a result of caffeine withdrawl!!! Headaches now gone as I got used to the new level in my system.

What about the last Metabolic Syndrome symptom, ie. Lethargy. Why was I still feeling lethargic??

Coke zero has virtually zero calories. The amount of Coke I was drinking had about 1200-1300 !! I had in one fell swoop cut about 1300 calories from my daily calorie intake. I must have a fast metabolism because I should be a whale after 20 years of that level of consumption.
    The lethargy will fade and I'll lose my bit of a belly and lovehandles.

For me, Coke zero has starting doing this April what e-Cigs started doing for me last August. I still get a Caffeine and Nicotine Fix thats close enough to the original to make the transition a doddle with no real effort involved which is great because I have Zero willpower, has saved me a fortune and has improved my health. I'm not going to get Diabetes, I'm not going to get COPD, I don't cough any more, my lung capacity is increasing and I will soon start seeing visible evidence of the pounds shifting.

As the advert from another American Multinational Franchise said. "I'm Lovin' it" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

SamHall wrote: »
    Coke Zero ftw.

Much nicer than coke, infinity better than diet coke
    Eh? It's practically identical to Diet Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

^^^ Thread title.

Opening words of thread - "on this day 1985...."

OP, are you Marty McFly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its the choice of a new generation.

so is EDM, only in america it contains high fructose molly instead

same sweet sickly saccharine taste with lots of E numbers regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuhnt Pounder

Bit of Coke will set you on your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Calibos wrote: »
    I drank about 3 litres of Coke a day. I was recently diagnosed with Metabolic syndrome which would put me on the road to diabetes. Dreaded giving up my beloved Coke. Delayed a few weeks. I have always hated diet Coke. Saw the Cinema Coke Zero advert. Gave it a try.

OMG!! If an addict like me can barely tell the difference......

Excessive Thirst - Check
    Lethargy - Check, Check, Check ie. Sugar comedowns

I started getting headaches after about a week on the Coke Zero. I figured out why.

Metabolic Syndrome made me excessively thirsty. What would I drink? Coke of course. The sugar in the Coke gave me Metabolic syndrome which made me excessively thirsty. What would I drink? Coke of course.......

You get the picture. Thats why I ended up on 3 litres a day.

Coke Zero has no sugar. Thus Metabolic Syndrome went away. No longer pissing like a racehorse. No longer excessively thirsty. Thus drinking less Coke Zero. Down to about 1.5 Litres a day.

What does coke zero still have? Same amount of caffeine as normal coke. I was still getting a caffeine fix but it was slashed in half because my Coke/Zero consumption was slashed in half. Headaches as a result of caffeine withdrawl!!! Headaches now gone as I got used to the new level in my system.

What about the last Metabolic Syndrome symptom, ie. Lethargy. Why was I still feeling lethargic??

Coke zero has virtually zero calories. The amount of Coke I was drinking had about 1200-1300 !! I had in one fell swoop cut about 1300 calories from my daily calorie intake. I must have a fast metabolism because I should be a whale after 20 years of that level of consumption.
    The lethargy will fade and I'll lose my bit of a belly and lovehandles.

For me, Coke zero has starting doing this April what e-Cigs started doing for me last August. I still get a Caffeine and Nicotine Fix thats close enough to the original to make the transition a doddle with no real effort involved which is great because I have Zero willpower, has saved me a fortune and has improved my health. I'm not going to get Diabetes, I'm not going to get COPD, I don't cough any more, my lung capacity is increasing and I will soon start seeing visible evidence of the pounds shifting.

As the advert from another American Multinational Franchise said. "I'm Lovin' it" :D:D

Coke zero tastes like piss though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Calibos wrote: »

Excessive Thirst - Check
    Um ... you do know that caffeine is a diuretic, right? I doubt either of those (related) symptoms would have been as bad had you been drinking litres of Sprite a day ..! :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I thought Coke Zero was the same as Diet coke but just marketed under a different name to appeal to men who didn't want to order a girly named diet drink:confused: I don't drink either the coke or coke zero often, we usually have a bottle of the coke zero for when a friend who likes it visits. Anyways I had a glass of coke on Friday and my husband poured me a glass of coke zero on Saturday.

Coke zero is filth, the difference in taste is very obvious. I couldn't drink more than a sip of it before pouring the rest down the sink. I noticed it even though I rarely drink fizzy or sweet drinks, so I can't believe people who drink it often couldn't tell the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

in America is different than Ireland. In America they have high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar in it.

In America theres corn syrup in everything

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Coke zero is filth, the difference in taste is very obvious. I couldn't drink more than a sip of it before pouring the rest down the sink. I noticed it even though I rarely drink fizzy or sweet drinks, so I can't believe people who drink it often couldn't tell the difference.

I reckon you're more sensitive due to the lack of exposure.

Just like how most people would find Indian food rather spicy, while it's nothing to those who regularly eat it.

Advertisement