Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Love that patrick reed double fist pump!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ridiculous short game from Speith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

This has been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Three epic up and downs from speith!! Hope he goes on and wins now :)

Ridiculous up and down from reed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

This is the 4th week there has been a play off now?.. I know not really applicable to the playoff but did anyone see Denis Pugh disecting Ryan Moore's swing plane :eek::eek::eek:

Short game exhibition going on here

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Ridiculous up and down from reed.

Got to say I'm beginning to like him, he's got "balls"

I honestly think that Spieth and McIlroy are going to have serious battles in the future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Huge putt from Speith, didn't expect that...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Disappointed for O Hair.

rocky911 wrote: »
    I honestly think that Spieth and McIlroy are going to have serious battles in the future.

Spieth fast replacing Tiger as American crowd favourite, out with old in with the new.

Spieth fast replacing Tiger as American crowd favourite, out with old in with the new.

Totally agree and he is a like able guy very humble interview after to be fair to him..I think this years season is going to be one of the best yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

rocky911 wrote: »

Throw Dustin into the mix too imo.
    What he has done since his return is pretty spectacular given that it is usually said that it takes some time to get back into things.

If he has his head firmly screwed on now then I think he'll lead the way with the others following. I think there are 2 majors for DJ this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Dustin has been impressive.

But to win 2 majors would be a very unusual achievement.

Mcilroy
    Harrington
    Woods
    Price
    Faldo

And then to win 2 as well as your first in the one year - who is the last to do that

Mark O'Meara
    Tiger Woods didn't even do that.

Yes is possible - but don't see it.

Is impressive he went well in Open in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dustin has been impressive.

But to win 2 majors would be a very unusual achievement.

Mcilroy
    Harrington
    Woods
    Price
    Faldo

And then to win 2 as well as your first in the one year - who is the last to do that

Mark O'Meara
    Tiger Woods didn't even do that.

Yes is possible - but don't see it.

Is impressive he went well in Open in 2011.

I definitely think he has the ability to make that list.
    I won't be putting my house on it, I would be expecting big odds, but if he has mellowed after the arrival of his first child and has a new focus, then I think he'll be close to unstoppable.
    A win, a playoff and a top 5 so far this year is a serious return on his return.

Gmac has said that there has only been 2 players that he has seen that have made him think that they're just on a different level (when on form). Rory and Dustin. I can see where he's getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jordan Spieth up to 6th in the world after that win
    Sean O'hair jumped from 401 - 188 by finishing second.
    Patrick Reed up to 15th. He's getting closer and closer to top 5! :D

Coincidentally, Patrick Reed is in 2nd place in the world for points gained this season! so as of right now, he probably is in the top 5 golfers in the world! ;)
    http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking.aspx?pageNo=1&pageSize=100&country=All (order by points gained)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Sometimes the golfing Gods work in your favour...

Is it just me or do the greens look really rough? Looks like spike marks all over the place.

Just watching on playback. Much and all as I dislike Day's slow play, he's living with Rorys power play easily today, Rickie struggling. The future of golf in that threeball imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Is it just me or do the greens look really rough? Looks like spike marks all over the place.

Apparently they are in poor knick, they're all getting redone after this tournament. The course will be closed for the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Rorys after bogying all 3 holes that Harrington bogied yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Always a joy to watch Stenson swing at that 3 wood.

Even the sound - to dream, .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Stenson really should of won that, great stuff by Every to defend his title though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

he wins it everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Stenson really will be kicking himself with that loss. Was his to lose after 14th.

Stenson really will be kicking himself with that loss. Was his to lose after 14th.

Absolutely sickened for him! Nothing was going for McIlroy at all today

Stenson isn't happy with the rules officials, their group was given two warnings for slow play. It's really hard to understand how they were given 2 warnings yet Harrington got away with it a few weeks ago and Furyk gets away with it every single week. Feel sorry for Stenson but his game is in great shape coming up to Augusta, would love to see him win it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Stenson isn't happy with the rules officials, their group was given two warnings for slow play. It's really hard to understand how they were given 2 warnings yet Harrington got away with it a few weeks ago and Furyk gets away with it every single week. Feel sorry for Stenson but his game is in great shape coming up to Augusta, would love to see him win it.

Did Harrington's group lose ground on those in front? Answer is no.
    Not sure whether Stenson's group did being honest...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Did Harrington's group lose ground on those in front? Answer is no.
    Not sure whether Stenson's group did being honest...

Well Harringtons group was probably a bad example, not sure if Stensons group lost ground or not but as Stenson said, the last couple groups are going to be slow on a Sunday evening, he seems to believe they were being hurried up so that they wouldn't delay the tv coverage, which if true is disgraceful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement