Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It's Steve Webster!

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=5667

Someone give him an invite for the love of God! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    It's Steve Webster!

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=5667

Someone give him an invite for the love of God! :D

You should have just checked the European Thread. He's playing in SA next week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

What happened to Poulter? Fair enough he kept it together to stay 6 under after 2 db s, but that block right with the driver was crazy. That could be a career defining back 9 right there.
    He's gotta be hurting more than any this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

What happened to Poulter? Fair enough he kept it together to stay 6 under after 2 db s, but that block right with the driver was crazy. That could be a career defining back 9 right there.

It's not the first time he's had a dose of the shanks while been up there in a stroke event. I remember him doing it in the masters before (sure he did it somewhere else too). He doesn't seem to have the bottle for stroke play. (In the states I should have added)

Tilikum wrote:
    It's not the first time he's had a dose of the shanks while been up there in a stroke event. I remember him doing it in the masters before (sure he did it somewhere else too). He doesn't seem to have the bottle for stroke play.

Yeah I remember that now. Between his poor showing at the RC and this, confidence and pride must be smarting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

He hasn't been going well for quite a while not.....we all remember the Ryder Cup.....and I really thought he was turning the corner at the Honda. I'm really surprised about what happened - he must be shattered. It'll be interesting to see how he goes next time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

vienne86 wrote: »
    He hasn't been going well for quite a while not.....we all remember the Ryder Cup.....and I really thought he was turning the corner at the Honda. I'm really surprised about what happened - he must be shattered. It'll be interesting to see how he goes next time out.

He is out this week at the Cadillac. When you look back at that shank, it's fairly obvious how much it derailed him. Apparently, he knows why he did it..... yep... you hit it off the hosel Ian :D

https://twitter.com/IanJamesPoulter/status/572805531057987585

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I follow Poults closely, twitter, stats etc and firmly believe his move to Titleist has turned a corner for him, he does not take lessons and studies his own swing and stats at home, given his pro history he fits, bends and grinds his own irons and I think he is very comfortable with these new Titleists in his hands.
    I expect a win or two this season from our Ian...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I was reading that Adam Scott is going to debut the short stick tonight at the Cadillac... will be strange not seeing him with the broom that we are used to.

Tee times below... Rory out with Bubba and Stenson at 4:33pm Irish time

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/cadillac-championship/tee-times.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

HighLine wrote: »
    I was reading that Adam Scott is going to debut the short stick tonight at the Cadillac... will be strange not seeing him with the broom that we are used to.

Tee times below... Rory out with Bubba and Stenson at 4:33pm Irish time

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/cadillac-championship/tee-times.html

Photos I seen of him practicing he is still using claw type grip, similar to the grip he uses with the anchored putter. Though he was still trying a couple different putters so not sure if he is definitely putting one in play.

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw photos alright with 4 different putters in his bag... not good IMO to not have something nailed down before this week. Here is the article that says he will be using the short stick...

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/cadillac-championship/news/2015/03/4/adam-scott.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Nobody watching the Cadillac?

They're showing a bit of Lowry, I'm in shock

The 18th is playing like a monster today. Check on Bubba's drive on it.... brown trousers for some spectators there!!

https://vine.co/v/O0VIApLaX33

Great to see Shane on TV. Rory......uh oh!

This is supposed to be a very difficult course and it has been fairly windy all day.... and yet JB Holmes is -9 thru 16! :eek:

-4 was the winning total after 4 days last year - yes, the weather was fairly bad last year but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

10 under thru 17!!!! Ridiculous stuff altogether

Course record??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

-10 after 17 and I think -6 won this last year.

Absolutely amazing stuff

That 10 under round was truely sensational! I don't think I've ever seen so many fellow pros in open awe and amazement at another pro's round than what I'm seeing tonight on twitter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That 10 under is not a record but it is the lowest since a significant post Trump redesign. In other news it's was windy out there but the guys were still in polo shirts, I meanwhile was ripped in two in that ice cold wind yesterday, just could not warm up at any stage, temps up but bitter wind, come on still Summer morning with crisp dew on the fairways...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Something catching Westwoods eye to the right of 11.....

Think its the two very hot girls in the short shorts. Distracting for any man!

• Advertisement

Something catching Westwoods eye to the right of 11.....

Think its the two very hot girls in the short shorts. Distracting for any man!

Have the PGA tour set up for record on series link, somehow the WGC doesn't record on this link. Ffs.

Bubba 265 3 iron!

Rory, henrik and bubbas tee shots on 12 combine for 998 yards. 333, 333 & 332.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,067 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rory, henrik and bubbas tee shots on 12 combine for 998 yards. 333, 333 & 332.

That all!

That all!

Bubbas was the 332. He clearly backed off it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Rory launched one of his irons in to a lake midway through his round today.

Would have thought he'd have grown out of this sort of petulance by now!

Not very bright either to limit yourself to 13 clubs for the rest of the round.

Rory launched one of his irons in to a lake midway through his round today.

Would have thought he'd have grown out of this sort of petulance by now!

Not very bright either to limit yourself to 13 clubs for the rest of the round.

Very out of character, to be fair. None if us is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

vienne86 wrote: »
    Very out of character, to be fair. None if us is perfect.

Not sure how it's out of character. Often seen him throw his ball in the water after a bad hole. Throwing the club in was a natural progression :)

Not sure how it's out of character. Often seen him throw his ball in the water after a bad hole. Throwing the club in was a natural progression :)

Throwing a ball in the lake? You serious? That's absolutely shocking! Won't someone think of the children! Someone call Joe #liveline. He should be banned from both Tours and relegated to the Pierce Purcell for next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Might be heaping a bit too much pressure on himself with the Masters coming up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement