Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Exactly wrote: »
    What's that supposed to mean?

Complete joke....seems to have made a massive step up in last year

In other sports, eg athletics that is the accusation that would be made (in many cases correctly)

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Complete joke....seems to have made a massive step up in last year

In other sports, eg athletics that is the accusation that would be made (in many cases correctly)

He has 1 Top 10 this year and in his career on the ET. Goes without saying this is a massive week for him now.

Niall has a 7ft 8 in putt for eagle at the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Birdie at last to take the solo lead again.

Niall making the most of the opportunities he is getting due to covid, not a hope he'd have got into all these events with his category otherwise.

Niall has a 7ft 8 in putt for eagle at the last.

Just missed that eagle putt but a simple tap in birdie and finishes round two at 11 under, one in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm fascinated by the amount of different ways the commentators can mispronounce Kearney :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭jams100

Haven't watched the European tour in a while but i have to say the coverage is much better than the US, where they are constantly putting in ads about the FedEx cup and Aon challenge etc.

Enjoying watching this BMW open though, hopefully Kearney is still in it on the back 9 tomorrow now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lance Murdock

Playing steady enough so far. Bunched leaderboard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hovland running away with it, what a talent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No disgrace today from Kearney to shoot par considering how it's new territory for him on tour. If he nails a top 10 tomorrow I wonder does it mean they could allocate next weeks sponsors invite that he received to someone else?

• Advertisement

Speak Now wrote: »
    No disgrace today from Kearney to shoot par considering how it's new territory for him on tour. If he nails a top 10 tomorrow I wonder does it mean they could allocate next weeks sponsors invite that he received to someone else?

Hopefully both Niall and Takumi Kanaya will finish inside the top 10 come close of play tomorrow evening in Germany. Both men are invites for Mount Juliet and if they finish top 10 their invites will be given to other players. If that's the case I'm hoping that James Sugrue will be given one of those invites, smashing player with huge potential.

I also see that Dundalk's Caolan Rafferty has been given the second amateur invite for next week also, joining local guy Mark Power as the two amateurs into the field.

Just watching the BMW and I see Will Zalatoris is 8th on the Race to Dubai.

He's never even played a tournament outside North America

There's probably a reasonable chance that he's never set foot in Europe full stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

There's probably a reasonable chance that he's never set foot in Europe full stop!

I doubt he even knows he’s 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really embarrassing for the tour they keep persisting with that nonsense. Himself and Billy Ho probably have no idea they’re up at the top of RTD. Only players who take up tour membership should be on that list.

How are they including players on the race to Dubai list that aren't members of the European Tour? So are Speith and Brooks also there?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The only explanation I can think of is that they're hoping the lads will see they're near the top of the list and decide to play in Dubai in November

It comes across as a bit desperate

Hovland only needed a par 5 on the last and went for the green, probably a bit stressful for anyone backing him!

Shame Kearney couldn't get one more birdie, would've brought him up to 5th instead of 12th. Still a great week.

I'd doubt the European tour are randomly picked U.S players that have have done well in the Majors and WGC events. Obviously these guys have indicated they are going to meet the requirements over the season. The tour opened the door for this when they bent over backwards to hold onto the likes of McIlroy. Expect to see all those in the rankings to turn up at Scottish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭patob

Not much progress on the weekend but joint 11th is a decent finish for Kearney. Hope he can build on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

How are they including players on the race to Dubai list that aren't members of the European Tour? So are Speith and Brooks also there?

All majors and WGC events are counted for earning points in the R2D. There is no requirement for players to play in any regular European tour event. I think this is unfair on European tour players. There should be a requirement that part of the qualification for R2D is to play in a minimum number of regular European tour events.
    By contrast, I think the FedEx Cup is confined to PGA players only.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    All majors and WGC events are counted for earning points in the R2D. There is no requirement for players to play in any regular European tour event. I think this is unfair on European tour players. There should be a requirement that part of the qualification for R2D is to play in a minimum number of regular European tour events.
    By contrast, I think the FedEx Cup is confined to PGA players only.

So you don't need to be a member of the European Tour to win the race to Dubai?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So you don't need to be a member of the European Tour to win the race to Dubai?

Affiliate membership.

Haotong Li hasn't made a single cut this year and is currently dead last in a very weak Wales Open field after round 1.

Mad to think he was in contention at the PGA last year. Sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was going to ask what's happened to him, is he injured or just a serious drop in form. 13 over is some going, and had a 12 on a par 4

Yeah Andrea Pavan is similar something like 3 cuts made in 29 starts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Every time I look at the leaderboards he seems to be double digits over par, so that stat doesn't really surprise me. Poor lad

A week ago, Rasmus Hojgaard claimed his third European Tour title at the European Masters in Switzerland. Now as the old saying goes, anything you can do I can do better, in this case his twin brother Nicolai has just won the Italian Open, after a nail biting one shot victory in Rome. A 72nd hole birdie and his first European Tour title. Two outstanding prospects and with golf swings to die for. Huge future ahead for both Hojgaard twins. Super talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nicolai could actually be the better of the two. It's taken him longer to get going on the European tour but he was a really outstanding amateur, much better than his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Great to see Niall Kearney leading after round one of the Dutch Open. A good week here should secure his card for next season.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he stays going to he's been very good all year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement