Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some round by broberg! Unlikely to blow an eight shot lead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭abff

Niall Kearney managed to salvage something from his round by getting birdies on the last two holes. Needs a better round tomorrow to secure his card for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Costly finish for Niall, bogey bogey finish. Still another good week for him. Still another good week for him, t12 currently.

Decent week, but missed opportunity because of the late bogeys. Hopefully he’ll do enough to secure his card in the remaining tournaments.

Just looking at the schedule for the European Tour and there are three ranking tournaments in a row coming up - the Dunhill Links this weekend, followed by two events in Spain. There’s then a gap of over a month before the season finale in Dubai!

But there are two tournaments on during that four week gap - one in Majorca, the other in Portugal. Neither of these is shown as carrying any R2D points. Pretty weird carry on, if you ask me. I presume they carry points towards the 2022 season, or do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

They just haven't set the points.

5 million prize fund this weekend a poor quality field. 4 players within top 50 in world. Billy is looking for Race to Dubai title I presume was one of the reason he is over

I think they have a formula in place whereby the points are set by reference to different prize fund ranges. This was brought in a couple of years ago to encourage more pros to take part in the lower value tournaments.

But I agree it’s a very poor field for a 5 million prize fund. Maybe an opportunity for Shane?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Shane's only playing because McManus playing with him in the ProAm....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised lowry would give access to that [Mod Edit] XXXXX

C'mon, you just can't say stuff like that on an open forum and expose Boards like that

Post edited by slave1 on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Would be a better event if they took the AM part out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Great stuff so far today from Shane and John Murphy (the new Shane?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭Trampas

John Murphy is John Murphy. I hate when people start comparing new people to someone else. Let him be who he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Alright keep your panties on. I was just fishing for more information on his potential because I hadn't heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

John Murphy is in the final group tomorrow playing with Danny Willet, some week for him hopefully provided things go well tomorrow. Unbelievable to get that level of experience so early after turning pro

Plus the fact he's only on an invite this week. A good showing will surely open the door for a few other invites.

Not bad for a lad who was playing Junior B hurling in Cork last year! 😀

Murphy with a nice start, 3 birds in a row.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Never heard of John Murphy - come on!

Think he's the chap that played walker Cup round recently, few decent results on the challenge tour. Not sure how he qualified for this event but has a chance to secure his card.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Won the Mullingar scratch cup a couple of years ago. He's a household name :D

Looks a decent enough player. Was going well until he had a disaster at the 9th. Held it together after that with only one more dropped shot before birdieing the last to get into the top ten and secure a place in this week's tournament.

What a year Richard Bland is having at 48 currently 6 under for his round through 9.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Looking like another good weekend for John Murphy

Would be a lovely start to his tour career if he could gain some kind of status in the few events left!

Good finish to Spanish open - looking like a Spanish winner Cabrera or arnaus

Anyone watching the andalusia masters?

Scoring seems crazily high!

I suppose it is valderama after all!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Rahm plus 11 so he’s finding it difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

A proper course. Puts a premium on accuracy off the tee. The PGA tour this week meanwhile is just a birdie fest.

Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but i love to see them earn their birdies

John Murphy was going well in this week’s Challenge Tour event in Spain, but unfortunately he has just had an 8 on the par 5 8th to plummet down the field. No idea what happened, but I presume water was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Murphy got 2 of shots back at the next par 5 😁

Fair play to John. After his disaster at the 8th, he covered the remaining holes in 5 under and is in a tie for 4th place with one round to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭dublin49

thats brave,was checking on his score till the 8 .Thought his race was run,tough to be doing this after his previous two weeks with the big boys, good signs.

Advertisement