Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Beers***

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I mean you could have mentioned you were trouttrout!

trouttrout, he didn't know who you were which explains why he turned you down. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

trouttrout wrote: »
    Me and Thomond met in a pub on Saturday! Sadly couldn't make it to Dublin though!
    Wait what?
    Stables!
    go way! You should have said!
    Sure I was talking to you in there!
    I mean you could have mentioned you were trouttrout!
    Haha, I just assumed you knew

There's a sitcom in this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

.ak wrote: »

Fatal Attraction, but no bunny, just a sea trout?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Get John Hayes to star in it and we have a deal.

Get John Hayes to star in it and we have a deal.

"John Hayes as trouttrout and Dylan Hartley as thomond2006 star in this 5 star comic sitcom"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

awec wrote: »
    "John Hayes as trouttrout and Dylan Hartley as thomond2006 star in this 5 star comic sitcom"

With a cameo appearance by Delon Armatage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Love the way I'm the bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I have stumbled on this thread, not as a drunkard would stumble, but with an inquisitive mind and a thirst for knowledge. However, a thirst for beer is also an honourable state of being. Has this proposition foundered on the inertia of the masses, or is a convivial meeting of rugby-minded souls to drink hops-flavoured beverages still on the cards? With test matches across consecutive weekends, it would seem opportune to strike while the lion is hot!

I have stumbled on this thread, not as a drunkard would stumble, but with an inquisitive mind and a thirst for knowledge. However, a thirst for beer is also an honourable state of being. Has this proposition foundered on the inertia of the masses, or is a convivial meeting of rugby-minded souls to drink hops-flavoured beverages still on the cards? With test matches across consecutive weekends, it would seem opportune to strike while the lion is hot!

I appreciate your posting style. If you talk like this in real life you must be a man of many friends.

I too applaud the idea of a beers, and would welcome the notion of alcohol fueled merriment among rugby appreciating peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Oooh a sextet of ale!

• Advertisement

I appreciate your posting style. If you talk like this in real life you must be a man of many friends.

I too applaud the idea of a beers, and would welcome the notion of alcohol fueled merriment among rugby appreciating peers.

I dunno, some people think foxes are pests, while others view them as cute and feed them scraps.

If a quorum could be formed, LVR could be tempted, but last time, if I recall correctly, the whole thing went flatter than English ale.

I am having beers while posting in this thread.

Is that what this is for? An alcohol influenced off topic thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Could we organise something in Dublin for one of the lions tests? More rugby forum breakfast then beers but it would be good craic.

I am having beers while posting in this thread.

Is that what this is for? An alcohol influenced off topic thread?

I must admit that is tempting. But there is only a lonely can of Guinness in the fridge, and frankly in this weather I would kill for lager. Especially as I have just played football and the weather in Baile Átha Cliath could best be described as resembling a Lions test match in Hong Kong.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Could we organise something in Dublin for one of the lions tests? More rugby forum breakfast then beers but it would be good craic.

I am not a local so I wouldn't dare to organise, but if something was set in stone, I would do my best to come. In the capital do I reside.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

The tests start at 11am, that's a perfectly fine hour of the day to get on the beer! :)

Right so, 3rd test, Woolshed, simples?

P_1 wrote: »
    Right so, 3rd test, Woolshed, simples?

I'm next door, so I'd be up for that. Altho will they be open that early?

They're usually open for live sports from Oz so I can't see why not. Seeing as you're next door poke your head out the window on Saturday to see if they're open :P

Craft beers, I see, niiiice .ak

An electronic mail have I them sent, to see if they are open for business the morning of the next 3 weekends...

LVR can revert in due course with this information if so required.

• Advertisement

They're usually open for live sports from Oz so I can't see why not. Seeing as you're next door poke your head out the window on Saturday to see if they're open :P

Not that close! ;) But I may just do that....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15394-1371581019-2.gif

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/whats-on/rugby/

It's on. They open for all the games.

Though it's on the northside?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm impressed by how well that gif loops.

Only by a few hundred yards or so :P

Teferi wrote: »
    I'm impressed by how well that gif loops.

Yes, it's rather mesmerising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Yep it's not too far from where Stringfellows used to be, ah happy days

Only by a few hundred yards or so :P

In all the time I've lived in Dublin I have been in a bar on the north side exactly once, and that was Grand Central Bar, where you could throw a stone back to the southside while sitting in it. :pac:

It will be like this:

In all the time I've lived in Dublin I have been in a bar on the north side exactly once, and that was Grand Central Bar, where you could throw a stone back to the southside while sitting in it. :pac:

It will be like this:

Really? Just to clarify the Grand Central is probably not the best of pubs to hit north of the Liffey :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

So this is a go then? Might I suggest we do the second test, at least We're assured theres something to play for.

Advertisement