Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Beers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Somewhere near Merrion square then?

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do you have match tickets?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

The champions village *cringe at the name* is on in Merrion Square. Fans of every colour and none will be there, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I am going for beers before the Heineken Cup final with at least 1 other member here.

People are welcome to join.

Destination timing etc to be provided once I figure out where I can conceivably meet a bunch of nutbag Clermont fans and swap some gear with, whilst also being able to get near a bar.

It's all about getting in early! I'll be in before hand too with a few of said Clermont fans so all on for meeting up then too...

We have to join the march if at all possible though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm good to go for before the match somewhere near/in Merrion Square

I heard molloyjh was getting the pints in.

awec wrote: »
    I heard molloyjh was getting the pints in.

Confirmed on twitter.

In coppers later in the night.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

molloyjh wrote: »
    In coppers later in the night.... :D

That's a forum ban right there! :)

• Advertisement

I am going for beers before the Heineken Cup final with at least 1 other member here.

People are welcome to join.

Destination timing etc to be provided once I figure out where I can conceivably meet a bunch of nutbag Clermont fans and swap some gear with, whilst also being able to get near a bar.

Merrion Square it is.

I'm not going to be obviously "boardie" so I don't know quite how this is due to work.

Who's going to bring a boards.ie banner?

Merrion Square it is.

I'm not going to be obviously "boardie" so I don't know quite how this is due to work.

Who's going to bring a boards.ie banner?

All boardsies should carry a tin of baked beans around with them on the day.

So when you are there, look for the people carrying a tin of beans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

All boardsies should carry a tin of baked beans around with them on the day.

So when you are there, look for the people carrying a tin of beans.

On our heads! :D

When does the Champions Village thing get set up? It'd be impossible to decide where to meet unless we know the lay out. Will it be open on Friday?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just checked the guide for the weekend there, it just says amlin final on Friday and that the village opens at 12 on Sat. From memory I don't think it opens the night before?

Ginny wrote: »
    Just checked the guide for the weekend there, it just says amlin final on Friday and that the village opens at 12 on Sat. From memory I don't think it opens the night before?

Cheers.

Sure in the age of smart phones and the like can we just update this thread as we arrive, as in the first person posts where they are and the rest of us head there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Cheers.

Sure in the age of smart phones and the like can we just update this thread as we arrive, as in the first person posts where they are and the rest of us head there?

That makes sense tbh

I'll be with the missus and mammy .ak, but I'll try and detach and bump into ye lot if yer around for a few.

.ak wrote: »
    I'll be with the missus and mammy .ak, but I'll try and detach and bump into ye lot if yer around for a few.

I'll probably be with herself and a couple of others, but I'll be bringing them with. Expand our horizons and all that. Don't worry, there'll be no need to be polite and gentlemanly!

.ak wrote: »

Gonna need to detach, I'm gonna wear a bright yellow t shirt with her face on it!

silly .ak, never post photos!

• Advertisement

Well played sir, well played.

Are we going to have an actual beers at some point, on a night that isn't one of these finals?

Or is this Saturday thee beers?

Are we going to have an actual beers at some point, on a night that isn't one of these finals?

Or is this Saturday thee beers?

Well I'm easily persuaded to go for pints generally anyway so if we have to do it all again that's cool with me.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi, none of ye know me... mind if I join ye? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

mystic86 wrote: »
    Hi, none of ye know me... mind if I join ye? :D

If you buy the first round of course! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Lelantos wrote: »
    If you buy the first round of course! :)

I'll go if my internet 'bully' Lelantos goes ;)

I might head to merrion tomorrow, not sure yet

I might head to merrion tomorrow, not sure yet

DO IT!

Right, I'm meeting a few people on Stephens Green at 1 and heading up to Merrion Sq then. Should be there shortly after. Anyone planning on being there any earlier?

• Advertisement

Right, I'm meeting a few people on Stephens Green at 1 and heading up to Merrion Sq then. Should be there shortly after. Anyone planning on being there any earlier?

do you have a match ticket?

Advertisement