Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain in Winter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Seville, you won't regret it.

Bring shoes though for getting into clubs though.

Are you trying to convince people to go, or stay away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

I went to Malta in January, I got flights and accommodation for 2 for €350 in St. Julian's.
    Our hotel was in a shopping centre opposite a strip of pubs and clubs (of all kinds ;) ) Every night bar Monday was bopping, granted it was mostly locals in the clubs, but it was fun and drink was cheap! The typical Irish bars were packed to capacity most nights, very tight squeeze! I'd actually highly recommend it!

You got yourself a great deal there. Return flights and a weeks accommodation for two for just 350 euro? Bargain.

Was it a Ryanair and expedia job or did you use a travel agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Madam_X wrote: »
    I went to Barcelona in November one year - weather was like spring/early summer here: dull and relatively mild, the odd bit of sun (well "here" up to a couple of years ago, not the sh1tty springs/early summers we've had in recent years).
    It's really unpredictable.
    You can be lucky or you can have a week of torrential rain.
    i've never seen rain in Ireland falling like it does in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Wait for the summer MaroonandGreen. No point in going if you will be the only people in the resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I always thought sphincter meant Spain in winter

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 nujeebaby

I also headed to malta with a group of friends one january and since we were still cheap and in college found a hotel by the main drinking street for 5 nights, hotel cost 35 and flights were around 40.
    Because there was a good crowd of us residents bar stayed open til we went to bed, bars were pretty cool, the weather was abit chilli, only in the teens.
    Cheap out though and worth a look
    If you decide on skiing definitely look for places like val thorens, just youtube it, its worth the extra few bob for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

I'm not 100% sure about this but when I was young there was some kind of ditty about Spain Rain and it being mostly on the plain. I would surmise from that if you stick to any part of the Iberian peninsula that is elevated in parts, like a mountain range you should be fine.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

You got yourself a great deal there. Return flights and a weeks accommodation for two for just 350 euro? Bargain.

Was it a Ryanair and expedia job or did you use a travel agent?

I booked through Budget Travel's website. :) Was smooth sailing the whole way I have to say. That price also included transfers to/from the airport, we were sorted!
    We did fly Ryanair, but I have no complaints, you get what you pay for as the saying goes. :) Also, the place we stayed was ideal, it had all the nightlife and you could pretty much access the whole island from it. I'd definitely go again and wouldn't hesitate to book with Budget again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If you want to venture further south to the Spanish owned Canary Islands you've a better chance of good weather. For example Tenerife averages 19 celsius in December.

I booked through Budget Travel's website. :) Was smooth sailing the whole way I have to say. That price also included transfers to/from the airport, we were sorted!
    We did fly Ryanair, but I have no complaints, you get what you pay for as the saying goes. :) Also, the place we stayed was ideal, it had all the nightlife and you could pretty much access the whole island from it. I'd definitely go again and wouldn't hesitate to book with Budget again. :)

Jaysus, that was a great deal. Never had a problem with Ryanair either. Hate flying, so a lucky beer or two and I fall asleep just after the safety instructions. :)

Looks a nice place, Malta. Some buddies of mine are Saint Patricks Athletic fans and went over for a Europa league game a few years back. Loved the place, although that may be due to the fact that the result went in their favour and their excessive alcohol consumption!

If you see that 350 deal being advertised again - PM me! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Has anyone here been to Spain in the winter like November or December?

Debating going for a week with the lads?

Wana know would it be much craic that time a' year? :P

Help me AH :)

What do you actually want to do? I find most of Spain pleasant year-round because it is generally sunny (while the North is great, the weather is, um, Ireland-esque. Great food, though). So long as you wrap-up, you can sit outside and drink. I spent one of the best afternoons of my life drinking on a sunny terrace in Granada looking at the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas. We had to stagger back down the hill and head inside once the sun went down though. :P

November isn't a bad time of year to go to Morocco, but, again, it depends on what exactly you want to do.

If you want to just want to drink and party somewhere warm, and you have the cash, and you are 21 or over, go to Miami.

November isn't a bad time of year to go to Morocco, but, again, it depends on what exactly you want to do.

If you want to just want to drink and party somewhere warm, and you have the cash, and you are 21 or over, go to Miami.

Are either of these places safe for pasty white paddies to hit for a week of drinking and sun?

Would we not stand out as an easy target?

Are either of these places safe for pasty white paddies to hit for a week of drinking and sun?

Would we not stand out as an easy target?

A bit of fake tan a pair of sun glasses and fedora and a mick could pass off as a greaseball. The Cubans in Miami won't fcuk with an Italian.

A bit of fake tan a pair of sun glasses and fedora and a mick could pass off as a greaseball. The Cubans in Miami won't fcuk with an Italian.

I aint Italian. Pasty in the winter, tanned in the summer.

Thats moi.

Miami and Morocco are crime riddled sh*tholes. Advising Europeans to go visit these places is madness.

Thats moi.

Miami and Morocco are crime riddled sh*tholes. Advising Europeans to go visit these places is madness.

My last post was facetious, I was playing up to the alleged NYC Mafia involvement in Miami's organised crime and rackets.

Imo it all depends on where you go and what you do, I wouldn't write off these locations to European visitors. I visited Agadir in 2008 and had a brilliant week, we were part of a tour package, safe as houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Thats moi.

LOLOLOLOL

What?

Miami is overrun by wealthy Europeans and white South Americans from November to March, and in general that is the high season. One of the world's biggest art & party weekends, Art Basel, is the first week of December, so there are tons of free events with free booze both in South Beach and in the Wynwood area. If you stay in South Beach, you don't even need a car - just walk from club to club until the sun comes up. If you go into Miami proper, the Brickell area is fine. Space is (was? haven't been in years) one of the world's best nightclubs, and that is in downtown Miami.

Beyond Miami/Miami Beach, Coral Gables is really nice but it is better to have a car to get down there.

Miami is a city where most people are really well off or hustling to get by, but there is no reason for tourists to be hanging out in the ghetto: the beach area is super-safe. Methinks you have watched Scarface too many times... :pac:

(seriously, I hope you are just talking out of your arse here) :pac:

,and when your actually there all the necessities,ie booze,cigs and stuff

No offense poster but Sweet Baby Jesus Ireland has got to be the only country on Earth where liquor and fags get described as "necessities"!

I assume no info on the price of food, gas, rent, transport, tax, and so on is ever going to follow?

Advertisement