Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gathering - did you take part in any?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

South Offaly, the Slieve Blooms are majestic to trek through, beautiful woodland and scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

true wrote: »
    do you think "the gathering" is costing nothing to organise / promote / encourage / co-ordinate? Maybe you are one of those getting a few euro or trying to shakedown a poor foreigner for a few euro?

That's what annoyed me, the group that I am involved in have put on one hell of a show and were told they had x amount in funding from the gathering, it was annouced in the papers that the group had x amount in funding, it is only now that we are told that actually we only have half of x and the other half we have to suck up if we don't get all the visitors hoped for when the project began.

It's a load of bollox and I should know.

That's what annoyed me, the group that I am involved in have put on one hell of a show and were told they had x amount in funding from the gathering, it was annouced in the papers that the group had x amount in funding, it is only now that we are told that actually we only have half of x and the other half we have to suck up if we don't get all the visitors hoped for when the project began.

It's a load of bollox and I should know.

So, you think they should hand you out money even if nobody turns up? Why would they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

That's strange, I haven't noticed any.

I work in a hotel, so I suppose I would be more likely to meet them. Not saying there's so many you cant swing a cat without hitting one, but there is a noticeable increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

The wife makes out the gathering at the end of the new curtains she bought are wrong and they were made in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I don't know why the Irish government still wants only Americans and brits. Get the wealthy asians, south Americans and middle eastern to come here. If they find the ****ty villages in britain nice theyll love it here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sergeant wrote: »
    Yes. I intercepted a load of elderly Americans at Dublin Airport and pretended to be their guide. I drove them round in a minibus for a few days and ripped them off at every opportunity.

Sergeant you're a genius... could turn it into a male jiggolo as well, be rolling in it.

Advertisement