Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like school?

Options
  • 19-04-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey ,its friday evening and i can't study. I'd love to hear everyone's experience with school as it varies so much. I mean i don't think anyone loves schoolwork/study but generally do you like school?Did you like it before and not now or didn't before and now you do?Are you excited to leave or sad to leave..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

I like doing Applied Maths,Maths, Physics and biology, i find them very interesting. But on to the question, I don't mind school, and I'm repeating :P. But this year it can be boring at times due having a lack of classes, I'm only doing 6 subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

aarond280 wrote: »
    I like doing Applied Maths,Maths, Physics and biology, i find them very interesting. But on to the question, I don't mind school, and I'm repeating :P. But this year it can be boring at times due having a lack of classes, I'm only doing 6 subjects.

I'm in the same situation as you i'm repeating , doing 6 subjects , i always liked school and was even sad to leave but this year i'm getting bored :P

If you've any of your teachers you had last year, and you start hearing old stories of theirs, it can get annoying aswell ha. How are you finding repeating?

If you've any of your teachers you had last year, and you start hearing old stories of theirs, it can get annoying aswell ha. How are you finding repeating?

Oh you are in the same school? yea.. that would be annoying :P my school didn't offer repeating so i'm in a different school. Its not too bad! pretty similar to last year but more boring what do you think?

Im in the same school :p, are you in a grinds school ? It's not too bad, at the beginning it was tuff enough, especially with friends going to college, them having great craic, and me back in school, but it has flew by Only about 5-6 weeks left :D. What do you want to do? How many points and were you far off it last year ? :)

• Advertisement

Im in the same school :p, are you in a grinds school ? It's not too bad, at the beginning it was tuff enough, especially with friends going to college, them having great craic, and me back in school, but it has flew by Only about 5-6 weeks left :D. What do you want to do? How many points and were you far off it last year ? :)

No.. Yes thats true :/, thats the most surprising how fast it went.I want to be a home ec teacher but i got 410 , i need 470 :s , you?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Meh school is getting boring these days, after being there for 6 years. I would find it hard to go back next year! But generally school is good craic anyway and sure you get to meet up your friends the whole time! I can't wait to be in college next year but I know a part of me will miss next year :pac:

And by the way, I kind of enjoy study...kind of...:pac:

You want to spend longer in school even after repeating :P I joke,(you probably haven't heard that one before :P) ah but good luck this year :). I want to do actuary in ucd or dcu whichever I get really last year: ucd was 565 and dcu was 515, I got 485.

kingcobra wrote: »
    Meh school is getting boring these days, after being there for 6 years. I would find it hard to go back next year! But generally school is good craic anyway and sure you get to meet up your friends the whole time! I can't wait to be in college next year but I know a part of me will miss next year :pac:

And by the way, I kind of enjoy study...kind of...:pac:

Thats great , i always wanted to enjoy study :P i do like the feeling of getting something finished but starting is the problem :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

In 5th year ATM and hate the place the thought of 1 more year if it.

I'm counting down the months till i leave the kip (14 months)

If I could drop out and get an IT apprenticeship I would, but I'm not aloud leave school without a leaving

Sorry for the rant but I hope the place.

• Advertisement

You want to spend longer in school even after repeating :P I joke,(you probably haven't heard that one before :P) ah but good luck this year :). I want to do actuary in ucd or dcu whichever I get really last year: ucd was 565 and dcu was 515, I got 485.

Ohh yea never heard that one hahaha, thanks you too, that's a fair amount of points :s but seeing 485 last year i'm sure you can get there :)

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Ohh yea never heard that one hahaha, thanks you too, that's a fair amount of points :s but seeing 485 last year i'm sure you can get there :)

In 5th year ATM and hate the place the thought of 1 more year if it.

I'm counting down the months till i leave the kip (14 months)

If I could drop out and get an IT apprenticeship I would, but I'm not aloud leave school without a leaving

Sorry for the rant but I hope the place.

Aww thats awful to hear :/ yea you really are probably best to get the leaving. No thats exactly why i did this thread , the poster before liked school and you seem to hate it so i just think its really interesting how much it varies for each person.Do you find it hard to study or is it just school?

Aww thats awful to hear :/ yea you really are probably best to get the leaving. No thats exactly why i did this thread , the poster before liked school and you seem to hate it so i just think its really interesting how much it varies for each person.Do you find it hard to study or is it just school?

Weather it's best to or not I'm sticking it out as I need to get to college to get my dream job.

I couldn't hack building or something for the next 60 years if my life. My dad does it and I feel so sorry for him every morning out the door at half 6 working I. All sorts if weather.

I just want a really good job to give my mam and dad a nice but of money 100k+

All I need is about 275-325 points and the money in these jobs is really good starting at 40k+

Weather it's best to or not I'm sticking it out as I need to get to college to get my dream job.

I couldn't hack building or something for the next 60 years if my life. My dad does it and I feel so sorry for him every morning out the door at half 6 working I. All sorts if weather.

I just want a really good job to give my mam and dad a nice but of money 100k+

All I need is about 275-325 points and the money in these jobs is really good starting at 40k+

What is your dream job? That is a good point yea :(
    Sounds great then! It will be so worth it for a year of the leaving ;)

Thats great , i always wanted to enjoy study :P i do like the feeling of getting something finished but starting is the problem :)

Well yeah for me getting started can be hard too! Obviously I'd pick a lot of things ahead of study too :pac:

Claire1456 wrote: »
    I enjoy certain subjects, others not so much. To be honest we should make the most of it since it is our system of getting into college weather we like it or not. What do people think of the points race?

To be perfectly honest I think the points system is perfectly fine and it is a pretty decent system to have in place. A lot of people completely about stress and things like that but to be perfectly fair good things come with hard work and you can't expect secondary school to be a breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Claire1456 wrote: »
    I enjoy certain subjects, others not so much. To be honest we should make the most of it since it is our system of getting into college weather we like it or not. What do people think of the points race?

You'd be stupid not to make the most of it, the majority of 6th years are mature enough to relise this year of all years, is the year to work!
    Also its really the best year of our lives.

DonallFitz wrote: »
    You'd be stupid not to make the most of it, the majority of 6th years are mature enough to relise this year of all years, is the year to work!
    Also its really the best year of our lives.

Its interesting you said that! because i think it was one of the best years of my life but many people don't agree...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Its interesting you said that! because i think it was one of the best years of my life but many people don't agree...

Thats because most people see study and hard work as enough, to ruin their year. Why do you think its one of the best years of your life? :)

• Advertisement

DonallFitz wrote: »
    Thats because most people see study and hard work as enough, to ruin their year. Why do you think its one of the best years of your life? :)

I honstly couldn't tell you why, i can just feel it. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I like this year cause you know everyone really well and her teachers are all so nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Really like this year, ya its a load of absolute crap at time but everyones going through the same thing. Teachers are way nicer this year, people actually start treating you like an adult, since we're finished nearly all our courses we just have daily chats with all of them! Plus its nearly someone 18th everyday and someone inevitably ends up baking a cake for it which is pretty decent

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Really like this year, ya its a load of absolute crap at time but everyones going through the same thing. Teachers are way nicer this year, people actually start treating you like an adult, since we're finished nearly all our courses we just have daily chats with all of them! Plus its nearly someone 18th everyday and someone inevitably ends up baking a cake for it which is pretty decent

Nice optimistic response :) You make it sound fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I think I've had more craic this year than any other year mainly due to the fact that it's the Leaving and we should all grow up and be mature about it. It will be a sad day in our school in 5 weeks. Yes, 5 weeks till I'm finished! Can't believe it. In general, I loved school. In fact I loved it that much in first year, I didn't want to go to my uncle's wedding in Cyrus. To this day, I don't regret that decision because I would've missed out a lot of craic and all the shifting haha. I have 8 weeks left till I'm finished with the Leaving and it feels that I started yesterday!

I like school, I don't get up every morning and break out into a musical number at the thought of it, but I do enjoy it.

I'm one of those people who really fears growing up, I think. I go into those 'moods' every so often where it hits me; one day I'll be 30 with a wife and kids and I won't always be a child forever. It's in these moments that I am thankful for school. And I am genuinely sad that I'll be finished in 5-6 weeks. It's always been a comfortable place. Whenever we left, we know we would be returning some time. But now our future is so uncertain; will we get a job? Will we go to college? Will we like our course?

I suppose I'm plagued by the fact that I was quite introverted in 1st -3rd/4th year. I don't feel like I have experience the positive side of school enough. I was always too afraid to make friends with the more popular people or to even hang out with them outside of school. Now in 6th year they see me as a friend and invite me everywhere and want me to sit with them and stuff. The past two years have been amazing and I don't want them to end.

I like school, I don't get up every morning and break out into a musical number at the thought of it, but I do enjoy it.

I'm one of those people who really fears growing up, I think. I go into those 'moods' every so often where it hits me; one day I'll be 30 with a wife and kids and I won't always be a child forever. It's in these moments that I am thankful for school. And I am genuinely sad that I'll be finished in 5-6 weeks. It's always been a comfortable place. Whenever we left, we know we would be returning some time. But now our future is so uncertain; will we get a job? Will we go to college? Will we like our course?

I suppose I'm plagued by the fact that I was quite introverted in 1st -3rd/4th year. I don't feel like I have experience the positive side of school enough. I was always too afraid to make friends with the more popular people or to even hang out with them outside of school. Now in 6th year they see me as a friend and invite me everywhere and want me to sit with them and stuff. The past two years have been amazing and I don't want them to end.

You say you fear growing up ?
    I cant wait to grow up get a job, and start a family.
    Everyday i think about having kids i cant wait till their born.
    Im sick of being a teenager and want to move on in life

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Are you me in disguise? I'm the exact same! Except I'm still kinda shy :( but nowhere near as bad as I was in first year :) I don't want to leave school yet cause I feel like I'm still a child :)

You say you fear growing up ?
    I cant wait to grow up get a job, and start a family.
    Everyday i think about having kids i cant wait till their born.
    Im sick of being a teenager and want to move on in life

I think it's very mixed emotions really. I do, of course, want to start a family and can't wait to get a job. I just am happy with the way things are and am afraid of the change. I am afraid of the responsibility of being in my 30s and not just being a teenager who lives with his mother. I don't know if I'm explaining this well to be honest.. I just don't think I've made the most of my teenage years and for that reason, I don't want to lose them.

Are you me in disguise? I'm the exact same! Except I'm still kinda shy :( but nowhere near as bad as I was in first year :) I don't want to leave school yet cause I feel like I'm still a child :)

Maybe I am you? But I didn't even think I explained that well enough. You clearly get me, I didn't think anyone would.

• Advertisement

I think it's very mixed emotions really. I do, of course, want to start a family and can't wait to get a job. I just am happy with the way things are and am afraid of the change. I am afraid of the responsibility of being in my 30s and not just being a teenager who lives with his mother. I don't know if I'm explaining this well to be honest.. I just don't think I've made the most of my teenage years and for that reason, I don't want to lose them.

Maybe I am you? But I didn't even think I explained that well enough. You clearly get me, I didn't think anyone would.

I completely get you too! I cannot wait to have children and get married but right now i really would love to stay in school a bit longer i almost feel i'm just not ready yet! I was also quite shy in first/second/third year and the last few years i really enjoyed in school so it is hard to leave that.

Advertisement