Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Teenager kills himself after listening to metal music"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Festy wrote: »
    Could be MM

I know that one of his songs does end with " you might as well kill yourself you're already dead"

Jaysus and there was me thinkin' Marylin Monroes lyrics were about love and happiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Steve O wrote: »
    Jaysus and there was me thinkin' Marylin Monroes lyrics were about love and happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Could be MM

I know that one of his songs does end with " you might as well kill yourself you're already dead"

If by MM you mean Marilyn Manson, then he is mainstream Hard Rock and is no heavier than the likes of Limp Bizkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

People really shouldn't dismiss the impact music has on listeners so flippantly. It can, and does, cause people to act in otherwise uncharacteristic ways. Last night I was listening to rap, 2 hours later I found myself on the corner selling drugs and pimping hoes. That's not something I usually do and never thought I would do.

Metal or Death Metal it all sounds the same to the old folks

This is more or less true, to be fair.

• Advertisement

If by MM you mean Marilyn Manson, then he is mainstream Hard Rock and is no heavier than the likes of Limp Bizkit.

He's industrial metal/Shock Rock and some of his older work is pretty heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

God I love that tune. Favourite album of his along with Portrait of an American Family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

A 15 year old kills himself and the fuckking animals in the press look to pin the blame on music just to get an article out. This is a horrible tradegy and the kids family and friends lives have been undoubtedly destroyed by the event. Shameful reporting.

RIP

Steve O wrote: »
    God I love that tune. Favourite album of his along with Portrait of an American Family.

Holywood is my fav album,he went downhill after that :(

He's industrial metal/Shock Rock and some of his older work is pretty heavy.

Well if you want to get into specifics then yes, you're right.

But he is what I said he is in the broader sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

This is more or less true, to be fair.

But Manson's music is basically bad karaoke of old electro pop songs, I doubt old folks would mistake it for death metal.
    He only gets his shock-metal reputation from the fact that he dresses like a transvestite dominatrix.

Well if you want to get into specifics then yes, you're right.

But he is what I said he is in the broader sense.

Limp Bizkit are more like RATM eg Rap/Metal

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pendu

Meleftone wrote: »
    Still sounds like ABBA

You are the dancing queen
    kill kill kill and burn kerosene.

The winner takes it all
    You're a loser cut off your balls.

Thats what I heard anyway.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    But Manson's music is basically bad karaoke of old electro pop songs, I doubt old folks would mistake it for death metal.
    He only gets his shock-metal reputation from the fact that he dresses like a transvestite dominatrix.

Well you know that and I know that but I reckon if you played this for older folks not in the know then I'm sure they would struggle to see a distinction.

Limp Bizkit are more like RATM eg Rap/Metal

And my point is that the level of heaviness is pretty much the same.
    The style and approach are unimportant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Poor kid, guy had issues and needed some help. Blaming music is sensationalist at best, but I guess music does tend to evoke emotions from people.

Well you know that and I know that but I reckon if you played this for older folks not in the know then I'm sure they would struggle to see a distinction.

Probably 2 of his most aggressive songs. Dat Anger :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

this is now a spidermaN THREAD

Probably 2 of his most aggressive songs. Dat Anger :cool:

Wasn't crazy about anything he did after Mechanical Animals to be honest, Antichrist Superstar was his best work imo.

Anyway, the point is a youngfella is dead and DM is being blamed.

Madness. How many people have killed themselves and never listened to any heavy music at all? What's the excuse there?

Some of the happiest, most well adjusted people I know have been listening to DM for most of their lives and they're doing just fine.

This is just another case of blaming something that you don't understand and I'm not in the least bit shocked that this bull**** has raised its ugly head and unfortunately will continue to do so for as long as there are dull witted morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

what do we expect from the daily fail? journalism? i think not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Whenever I'm exposed to a few seconds of Westlife I feel distinctly suicidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Somebody listen to mm then cannibal corpse or something. BIG difference!! You'll need to look at the lyrics for cc, coz I cannot tell wtf they are saying !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The only solution I can see is to kill said metal music band(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Disgusting using this boy to push some ridiculous agenda.
    When some kid reaches the point where they are so low that the only option they feel they have is suicide, what makes someone think 'Lads, lads, d'ya know what would give this piece a nice edge - if we blame heavy metal'?
    Some seriously twisted people out there.
    People just generally listen to music that speaks to them and reflects how they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I wonder how many people killed themselves with no music playing while wearing pants.

Advertisement