Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The sex myth

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

In my experience yeah. Most of the time I've seen it out of women (years working in pubs and clubs) has been the typical hen-night scenario with a load of cackling b*tches in their thirties and forties chasing some poor f*cker around the place. Obviously I'm not saying it's limited to this alone like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

B0jangles wrote: »
    I took your sentence

"Maybe we should stop raising little girls to see themselves as being on the recieving end of sex, that it is something to bestowed like a gift to just the right person, that your virginity is taken from you and that male sexuality is something to be feared."

to suggest that incidents of date rape occur when women have sex they don't remember at all and feel ashamed and guilty and so they cry rape. Ergo if women did not have a feeling of guilt and shame after having casual sex, they wouldn't be claiming to have been raped.

Am I completely misreading you?

as far as I can tell, you aren't reading me at all...

^

Best username ever for this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

FTA69 wrote: »
    No, anyone making anyone feel sexually uncomfortable is bang out of order and when women do it it's either because they're in a position of power (e.g. boss) or else in a group (i.e hen nights.) Nobody is defending women who use sexuality as a weapon or to bully poor youngfellas behind a bar or whatever.

And yes, men thinking that it's ok to grope a woman (i.e. commit an illegal sexual assault) or that it isn't a "big deal" are unfortunately contributing to a culture which promotes the denigration of women.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    In my experience yeah. Most of the time I've seen it out of women (years working in pubs and clubs) has been the typical hen-night scenario with a load of cackling b*tches in their thirties and forties chasing some poor f*cker around the place. Obviously I'm not saying it's limited to this alone like.

Hmmm... beam in your own eye much?

Not really, I don't know what else you'd term a screaming bunch of sad auld ones carrying giant inflatable cocks and attempting to pull the shirt off an 18 year old barman who is barely out of school. I'm sure people could think of unkinder terms if they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Have ye all noticed that most people seem too post about being "drunk"/too drunk to consent.

I think that, above, all. Needs to be targeted. And I mean both for the victim& perpetuator, as often enough, both are drunk beyond sense.

If there wasn't such emphasis on being blind drunk then there would be less getting "picked up" because they're blind drunk.

Advertisement