Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 its me_330

Im down in cork and its after easing off id say up d country will have it 4 d nite. It was very nasty here since bout 8pm i thought d house was goin to blow away. Jst stick it out it will b gone soon. Bring on d sunshine we deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I think my house is gonna blow away :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

wheelie bins scattered across my road and a 10 foot wooden wall surrounding a building site is down
    Really need some sort of wheelie bin attatchment ......DRAGONS DEN... erm.. my patent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm in Dublin, my windows are rattling, theres slates falling off the roof and a tree just blew down at the edge of the estate...yet the forecast tells me it's not very windy out at the moment... Is there any paranormal explanation for these mysterious happenings given that my phone's weather app is stating that it's clearly not the wind?!

Anyone else feel like their house is about to blow down?!!

You're making us city slickers look bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

fullstop wrote: »
    It depends, are you fat?

I'm no stick...but I'm no BBW either. TOuch and go I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My cat is very distressed, he was under the car meowing loudly. I wonder would he blow away in a gale force wind if he didn't seek shelter? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can't get a wink of sleep because of the hurricane-like conditions out there. Reports also of houses losing their roofs. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I can't get a wink of sleep because of the hurricane-like conditions out there. Reports also of houses losing their roofs. :-(

Oh ffs...I cant sleep either! Its just so noisy up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Didn't matter how much hairspray I used today, I still looked scruffy with my hair all over the place. One of my cats is freaking out with the wind. It's blowing things around the back yard and he's going between the sofa and the kitchen. He's either all nervous on the sofa or all jumpy by the cat flap in the kitchen. The other cat is comatose on the spare bed virtually sleeping on the warm radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Don't mind wind and don't mind rain but when the two combine :mad:

I was nearly Mary Poppined this morning! Walking against the breeze with an umbrella, this sneaky reverse type gust hit me from behind and caught it like a sail. It pulled me along into a little jog but then took the umbrella out of my hand.

I could only stand there slack jawed and soaked as they umbrella flew off into the distance. It went quite high too. My lovely €6 golf umbrella from Heatons, twas only a week old :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Damn that news show being all boring and shít. They need to sex it up or something, and add in some explosions.

Freaky!

(Unless that news broke before you posted and not this morning like I thought :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It made driving my motorbike on the M50 very...exciting. I almost unexpectedly changed lanes a few times. I had to laugh at my cousin who didn't want to drive her car as she thought it was too dangerous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

miamee wrote: »
    Freaky!

(Unless that news broke before you posted and not this morning like I thought :o)

I am an oracle. :cool:

:pac:

(But seriously, R.I.P. to all who died. :()

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

miamee wrote: »
    Freaky!

BOOOOOOOMMMMMM....:eek:

Fcuking stupid dumb ass yank brings his kid right up to a fertliizer plant fire.:(:rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

:eek: That was some bang! Wasn't expecting it. Have never seen an explosion up that close before!

Advertisement