Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind...

Options
  • 18-04-2013 12:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'm in Dublin, my windows are rattling, theres slates falling off the roof and a tree just blew down at the edge of the estate...yet the forecast tells me it's not very windy out at the moment... Is there any paranormal explanation for these mysterious happenings given that my phone's weather app is stating that it's clearly not the wind?!

Anyone else feel like their house is about to blow down?!!

Comments

Didn't Met Eireann say to expect extremely strong winds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Bad down here in Galway (or, in AH terminology, "culchie land") as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Clearly it's all in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

God damn city slickers. Fart in their direction and they're calling Met Eireann for updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You started a thread to ask if anyone else thinks it's windy?

Jesus frigging wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

We will rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

Cue boring 'x homes without power due to bad weather' news article tomorrow morning

*x being a whole number between 50 and 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Windy everywhere. The is one giant wind terrorising the entire country it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

The roof blew off my apartment block a few years ago. Im the top floor :( If my roof blows off, will I blow away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Thread disappoints.

I thought it was going to about bottom burps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

The roof blew off my apartment block a few years ago. Im the top floor :( If my roof blows off, will I blow away?

Not if you nail your feet to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

Great drying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Yeah same here. Bins toppled over, trees and pedestrians tilted at 60º, Good few trees down around Dartry too. Saw three down and heard of more.

Love crawling into bed and having a cuddle and listening to the wind at a time like this. If the electricity went it would be perfect..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Where's the apartment block?! I don't recall hearing about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I vaguely remember that. Was it a yellow/ hospital beige block?

and yes. you will blow away. ever seen final destination? they're after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Sorry about that, I was just passing through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Fart wrote: »
    Sorry about that, I was just passing through.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I vaguely remember that. Was it a yellow/ hospital beige block?

and yes. you will blow away. ever seen final destination? they're after you.

Yeah, I like to think its cream! Its not yellow anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Yeah same here. Bins toppled over, trees and pedestrians tilted at 60º, Good few trees down around Dartry too. Saw three down and heard of more.

Love crawling into bed and having a cuddle and listening to the wind at a time like this. If the electricity went it would be perfect..

Or maybe just turn off the lights/tv/iPad/laptop and create the same effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My wheelie bin was toppled over.

Damn you Thatcher and your continued vindictiveness from beyond the grave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Cannot stand the wind. It sounds so freaky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Wind is my least favourite weather type. It tosses my gorgeous hair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My washing line blew down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah the winds are something here in Dublin.

Word of warning: What ever you do don't piss in the wind! (It's too late for me lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

It depends, are you fat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I too have wind.

feckin Burritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wind was blowing my hair ( what's left of it ) all over the place today but a haircut trim tonight has sorted that out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Kichote wrote: »
    Cue boring 'x homes without power due to bad weather' news article tomorrow morning

*x being a whole number between 50 and 500

Damn that news show being all boring and shít. They need to sex it up or something, and add in some explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm in Dublin, my windows are rattling, theres slates falling off the roof and a tree just blew down at the edge of the estate...yet the forecast tells me it's not very windy out at the moment... Is there any paranormal explanation for these mysterious happenings given that my phone's weather app is stating that it's clearly not the wind?!

Anyone else feel like their house is about to blow down?!!

Will ya ever come round to yourself, put down the phone, and start believing what's outside in front of you rather than some bleedin' app!!

You'll be fine. Trust me. It'll all blow over. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Only 4 flights managed to land at Dublin tonight, there's been a huge amount of diversions.

Advertisement