Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those hijacking the Boston Thread about Iraq bomb blast please post here

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Another bomb, another 27 dead.

America (and Britain) really does have a lot to answer for

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭Spanish Harlem

^^^
    So America deserved the recent bombing attacks as it brought it on itself...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I'm sick to death of this disproportionate coverage. It is all over the media.

This morning I turned on facebook to see a dumb "WE STAND BESIDE OUR AMERICAN ALLIES AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME" meme from the UK being shared and liked.

It's sickening. The media, although visibly dejected by the unremarkable numbers involved, are resorting to all sorts of emotive language like 'battlefield' and "the war zone mile".

And while you cannot blame the US media for donating so much time to this tragic story, strangely enough, it's the non US media which is just as hysterical.

I don't like to bring up the bombs in Somalia and Iraq yesterday, but it is an awkward reality.

In truth, most Irish people will not have known anyone in serious danger yesterday. We can try to explain away our interest in this story as cultural, racial or historic.

Either way, it comes down to a subjugation of importance of humanity and human life to whether the victims are the right nationality.

Dint know if anyone mentioned it but there were boardsies running. so not that unlikely to know someone there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

^^^
    So America deserved the recent bombing attacks as it brought it on itself...?

Way to go for jumping to an insane conclusion!

Advertisement