Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once...Twice...Three Times a Gunblade

Options
  • 15-04-2013 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

So, I set about reassembling this thing today, & rearranging the shed & other cabs to make space for it. Quite a task, I'm bloody wrecked! Anyway, let the filth commence...

Here's the shed they all live in, keeps them dry anyway!

o87w2v.jpg

Shed was fairly full, all the garden furniture etc lives in there over the winter. Gunblade sits in pieces, all the cowlings off & the gun panel off too. Time to get cracking

abgeuc.jpg

Gun panel mounted, that alone weighs a ton!

2heaiw4.jpg

Speaker pods fitted, the gun speakers are located in these

2u56jdh.jpg

Covers fitted onto the legs

4q6gw3.jpg

xfq39c.jpg

mku4v8.jpg

Time for a test before continuing reassembly

19ulhk.jpg

Cowlings all back on, nearly there!

2nrpyrk.jpg

2r20k8z.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

After much lifting, moving, sliding, bending & all manner of physical exertion...

ka603m.jpg

29msrp0.jpg

29eq0k1.jpg

4utgs9.jpg

o6b21w.jpg

Guess I better renew this, it seems to have expired!

29fwenm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Oddly enough it's the Tekken 3 cab that grabbed my attention here and made me go mmmmmmmmmmm. Seems odd that it has a six button set-up though. I always thought the Tekken games ran on four buttons.

deathrider wrote: »
    Oddly enough it's the Tekken 3 cab that grabbed my attention here and made me go mmmmmmmmmmm. Seems odd that it has a six button set-up though. I always thought the Tekken games ran on four buttons.

Yeah it originally had five buttons per player, but I changed that to six because there's a Mame pc running in it through a Jpac :) That Tekken 3 cab cost me €100 a few years ago, its big enough to actually get into it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent setup dude and great pics!! Holy feck Gunblade is gigantic! That Tekken cab is a beast but it looks small in comparison.

Big ole grin on my face looking at that setup. Yourself and the young lad will have great crack with it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,434 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dear lord, that is just incredible. INCREDIBLE!

Looks like a proper arcade in there man!!!

That shed must be monstrous as the cab is very snug.

Have you had a blast of it yet? Or are your arms still in bits??? :pac:

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Excellent setup dude and great pics!! Holy feck Gunblade is gigantic! That Tekken cab is a beast but it looks small in comparison.

Big ole grin on my face looking at that setup. Yourself and the young lad will have great crack with it. :cool:
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Dear lord, that is just incredible. INCREDIBLE!

Looks like a proper arcade in there man!!!

That shed must be monstrous as the cab is very snug.

Have you had a blast of it yet? Or are your arms still in bits??? :pac:

Cheers folks :) I havn't played it yet, only powered it up to make sure it survived the journey & did a few service mode tests etc. I'm too tired now to play it...six feckin' hours I'm out there :o

Master of the Universe

By the way, if I were you, I'd say nothing to the young lad and just let him walk in on it :D

By the way, if I were you, I'd say nothing to the young lad and just let him walk in on it :D

He seen it today before it was all put together. "Yeah thats huge, anyway, I'm going up the attic to play Terraria" Kids these days :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    He seen it today before it was all put together. "Yeah thats huge, anyway, I'm going up the attic to play Terraria" Kids these days :rolleyes:

LOL! Good game that actually, but not as good as having an arcade out your back garden.

Master of the Universe

Haha, I guess if you look at it from a kid's perspective, cab must look like big, ancient dinosaurs... :D

Is the force feedback working on the guns?

• Advertisement

Is the force feedback working on the guns?

Only noticed player 1 had recoil working during the output test, not everything had been connected up at that point though so gun 2 may or may not have a problem with its recoil. Not too concerned anyway, maintenance is just something you have to accept with cabs...it comes with the turf

Master of the Universe

maintenance is just something you have to accept with cabs...it comes with the turf

Especially with a cab like that! You have a hell of a lot of things working at once there.

I'm always amazed when machines this big survive. I'd be really surprised if there was another one of these left in the country.

There are a few vids and pics online of this one with a 25 inch CRT. I'd be really interested in knowing how widespread the 50 inch is these days

1583_gunblade-ny-arcade.jpg

Master of the Universe

Here's one for 6 thousand dollars :D

http://www.primetimeamusements.com/arcadegame.php?id=121

Looks like you have a marquee to hunt down!

Lol, €6k? Imagine the shipping cost! :D

I seen the marquee actually, but I actually don't think I have the height clearance to have it on so I'm happy enough to leave it :o

Master of the Universe

Looks better without it anyway tbh, I really love the big boxy look of that projection screen.

Any idea where the game hardware sits? :D

Any idea where the game hardware sits? :D

Yep it all lives in the gun section. The gun section connects to the screen by way of four BNC connectors {RGB & Sync} & a power cable connector. Thats prob why the gun section weighs a ton! No keys to access it though, will have to drill the locks & replace them eventually so I couldn't get a nice pic of the game boards themselves :(

looks like your snooker room is no longer a snooker room!

urbanledge wrote: »
    looks like your snooker room is no longer a snooker room!

Nope, it stopped being a snooker room when I sold the snooker table about four years ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yeah it originally had five buttons per player, but I changed that to six because there's a Mame pc running in it through a Jpac :) That Tekken 3 cab cost me €100 a few years ago, its big enough to actually get into it!

Lovely stuff, man. Great price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Congrats man its a monster!
    You are a king amongst men.

That's a model 2b crx board and there arw no other gun games for that so in relation to changing to Virtual cop etc it'll be a pain in the arse and expensive.changing 3 main boards,gun board and filter board...
    Model 2 seems to be a b0ll0x like that.
    Wait until u see the size of the the main board.3 tier beast in a cage.
    Well done man..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Superb GET! Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Awesome dude. Simply awesome.

"You have balls. I like balls".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nicework! Looks like an arcade in their now! Good mix of cabs too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Definitely one of the greatist gets ever heard of in these parts! Well done good sir!

That's a model 2b crx board and there arw no other gun games for that so in relation to changing to Virtual cop etc it'll be a pain in the arse and expensive.changing 3 main boards,gun board and filter board...
    Model 2 seems to be a b0ll0x like that.
    Wait until u see the size of the the main board.3 tier beast in a cage.
    Well done man..

Yeah from reading into it the last few days I think the easiest is just to compliment this with another Model 2 cab...this time a light gun one. I'd love a HoTD

Only noticed this in the ad:

"Includes a brand-new 47" LCD Flatscreen Monitor!"

Pretenders! :D But it is worth noting that should the projection system fail in my one at some stage & is too costly to fix...I could mount an lcd/plasma in it as the guns are kinds like mice & not actual light guns

Master of the Universe

Only noticed this in the ad:

"Includes a brand-new 47" LCD Flatscreen Monitor!"

Pretenders! :D But it is worth noting that should the projection system fail in my one at some stage & is too costly to fix...I could mount an lcd/plasma in it as the guns are kinds like mice & not actual light guns

Oh yeah! didn't think of that :) Make sure to put an scanline generator thingy somewhere in the video chain if you ever do. 50 inch scanlines - phwoar!!

Oh yeah! didn't think of that :) Make sure to put an scanline generator thingy somewhere in the video chain if you ever do. 50 inch scanlines - phwoar!!

I'd really hate to have to go down that road, but at least its a possibility if a repair is not possible/too expensive. I had a peek inside of the monitor housing...good god I hope I never have to deal with it repair wise, there's stuff everywhere in it!

Master of the Universe

Is there any screen burn? You always seem to get it with those big rear projection screens unfortunately :(

Although I wonder would it just be possible to replace the screen part if that happened? Can't say I know very much about them at all.

• Advertisement

Is there any screen burn? You always seem to get it with those big rear projection screens unfortunately :(

Although I wonder would it just be possible to replace the screen part if that happened? Can't say I know very much about them at all.

None that I noticed, I'll have a more in depth look at it today & see how it looks. As for replacing screen parts for burn in...no idea how that works on projection systems at all. I'd guess any burn in is 'burned' into a lens or something rather then the screen/plastic/canvas?

Advertisement