Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

For fun, I'm reading an interview Damian Lewis gave back in October. The title? Damian Lewis: 'The Homeland writers are desperate to kill Brody'
    The success of Homeland took everyone on the production by surprise, and the success of the Danes/Lewis love affair upset the writers' planned trajectory. Lewis is pretty sure they had intended to kill him off by now, and had to change direction when the public responded to their weird chemistry.
    He is locked into Homeland for seven seasons, which doesn't mean anything in terms of security. "You have to sign up for a long time, then they'll kill you at their leisure." In fact, he wouldn't be surprised if he got the chop relatively soon. "I think the writers are desperate to kill me. I'm a pain in their arses, because Brody is quite a difficult character to write. There's a high head count on Homeland. Any one of us could get it at any point."
    Oh dear ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wonder if season four will focus on Saul getting his job back with Quinn in place of Carrie?

Let Carrie go and use her as a background character from here on since she doesn't have much to do without Brody.

she's one of the best things in it

a real presence imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Don't really buy Brody being hung out to dry ( sorry ) by Lockhart and the President. I thought marines were 'never left behind' ?
    Is it me or is Carrie looking a few years older this season. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

recipio wrote: »
    Don't really buy Brody being hung out to dry ( sorry ) by Lockhart and the President. I thought marines were 'never left behind' ?

It's one of their motto's but it's largely fluff. It's a good recruitment tool.

"We leave men to die when it suits us" might be more accurate, but it's hardly going to get the high school kids to sign their lives away, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

recipio wrote: »

As far as US is concerned Brody was a rogue terrorist with no allegiances. It made perfect sense for them to leave him to his fate, Iran have no reason to suspect US involvement, CIA asset Givadi is in a perfect position to take over and the last thing they want is him looking weak.

Well, she is two years older than she was in season 1 and a year older than she was in season 2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Ok so to get this timeline of season 3 right, we're talking less than 4 months since the Langley bombing (as Carrie is only 4 months pregnant) and all these things happened:

Brody escapes the country, ends up in South America, is captured and becomes a junkie. Then he is brought back to the US, put on a crash course detox and boot camp to turn him into a killing machine, is sent over to Iran where he is caught, convinces them he is actually on their side, and then manages to take out the top man .... all in less than 4 months!

This is what I don't get too, did she get pregant when they were at the lake house together in series 1 whihc would have been waaay more than 4 months? Can't remember did they also get it on at the lake house in series 2? Even still major bombing, escape country, shot and nearly dead & recovery (you forgot that:) ) junkie, recovery, detox, boot camp, Iran etc is an awful lot for 4 months !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That's nothing. You should see what they manage in Justified in only a week! (Or, obviously 24 in just a day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

This is what I don't get too, did she get pregant when they were at the lake house together in series 1 whihc would have been waaay more than 4 months? Can't remember did they also get it on at the lake house in series 2? Even still major bombing, escape country, shot and nearly dead & recovery (you forgot that:) ) junkie, recovery, detox, boot camp, Iran etc is an awful lot for 4 months !

Longest pregnancy in history. She must be a killer whale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

As a few have pointed out, that was a truly bizarre finale. Brody dies and there should be a bit of a reaction to it and that's it. But you don't jump forward to a few months later and give us some boring stuff that seemed totally out of place.

Another thing. As bad as the rest of the Brody bunch were, how can the writers just decide to abrubtly cut them out like that? They had been an integral part of the show (Dana's boyfriend troubles aside) so to more ore less write them out from around halfway through the series (again, apart from Dana the housemaid's brief appearance) made no sense.

I thought Brody's death was handled terribly, and all because of Danes' usual hysterical presence. Why the hell would she even want to see the person she loved so much be hanged in public? I know this is Carrie we're talking about but come on...I just laughed when she started screaming 'Brody! Brody!'

I liked Brody, even if he did ham it up at times. He'll be missed. I thought after a dreadful start, season 3 picked up really well and a couple of the episodes reached the dizzy heights of season 1. It will be interesting to see what they do next season.

I mentioned this at the start of the thread but to see how this is can be done properly I would really recommend the two series of Prisoners of War, the original Israeli show on which Homeland is based. It's well scripted, well acted and well paced, with incredible emotional payoffs. It doesn't have nearly half the number of big action scenes that Homeland does but as the saying goes, less is more. And the theme music is fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Cant see any way to bring this back after the way it finished.
    Start afresh with a new pilot and new characters and new writers,if it dosent work bin it,wait now,maybe keep Javadi gone bad again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I stopped watching after episode 3 of this season as I thought it was utter rubbish. Did the season improve after that? Need something to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I stopped watching after episode 3 of this season as I thought it was utter rubbish. Did the season improve after that? Need something to watch.

No.

I've been watching "the Returned." It's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

kevin12345 wrote: »

Yes it really picks up and becomes a good season although a weird end. It is a bit unrealistic but enjoyable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good work from Sean Callery in the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No.

I've been watching "the Returned." It's pretty good.

I know it's subjective, but this is incredibly wrong. The vast majority agree that the season got better as it went on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It did get better but still never rose above the level of atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just done the first two seasons and found them very enjoyable, going to start this one tomorrow so should have it done by end of week, hopefully stays at same standard as first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just finished up now and think its absolutely brilliant. Sure it has some slow parts but thats to be expected. Its strange though, its probably the first show i watched that i didnt grow an attachment to any character and disliked both main characters. Still a great show and dont understand the hate it gets at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Series 3 had a training montage. Therefore series 3 was awesome.

All in all, series 3 redeemed the utter shítefest that was series 2. Really enjoyed it start to finish.

Its a shame they just didn't end it with that episode as it tied up all the stories neatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Anyone know if season three will be telly again any time soon?

Bought Season 1 & 2 box set, really enjoyed but would be great if I could just catch the third on telly especially as the general consensus seems to be that it got truly daft & not worth spending E25 on;)

Anyone know if season three will be telly again any time soon?

Bought Season 1 & 2 box set, really enjoyed but would be great if I could just catch the third on telly especially as the general consensus seems to be that it got truly daft & not worth spending E25 on;)

Season 3 was much better than Season 2. A few dodgey episodes but overall it was very good. Not close to Season 1 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

James Rebhorn, who played Carrie's Dad, has died aged 65. Source

RIP, always a face you recognised when he popped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

James Rebhorn, who played Carrie's Dad, has died aged 65. Source

RIP, always a face you recognised when he popped up.

Gosh, that's young. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Hi lads so I just watched seasons 1 and 2 of Homeland and I'm absolutely hooked, please tell me season 3 is available somewhere? I don't think I can wait until Aug/Sep for S3 DVD release!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Hi lads so I just watched seasons 1 and 2 of Homeland and I'm absolutely hooked, please tell me season 3 is available somewhere? I don't think I can wait until Aug/Sep for S3 DVD release!

Cheers :)
    It's available somewhere, and I know you aren't going to listen but eject! Season 3 was terrible. Yeah, you're going to watch it anyway but remember I warned you.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It's available somewhere, and I know you aren't going to listen but eject! Season 3 was terrible. Yeah, you're going to watch it anyway but remember I warned you.

Massive overstatement. It wasnt as good as season one (not a lot is) but it was better than season two. It was far from terrible. It just wasnt amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Can't seem to find a way to watch S3 anywhere, loved the previous series and it'd the build ups leading to the penultimate moment in homeland that has me hooked.

Has anyone come across anyways of catching up on S3? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Massive overstatement. It wasnt as good as season one (not a lot is) but it was better than season two. It was far from terrible. It just wasnt amazing.
    I enjoyed season 2, and went on to hate season 3. Your not liking season 2 meant you were going in to season 3 with lower expectations. I expected it to maintain the standard it had up to that point, and to me, it was woeful. Overstatement or not is down to personal taste, but from my perspective, my previous was going easy on it. It got a bit better right near the end, but not enough.

Advertisement