Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 3 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

We still don't kow who moved Brodys car.

yeah we do it was in episode 8, it shows Paul Franklin going to the motel room to kill the man who planted the Langley bomb and moved the SUV. It was all explained in the episode and at the pre-briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

If Brody to take on a Dexter ghost dad role I will give up on this show. If they're doing a total reboot then it could well be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

poor old brody had an awful life

i have a feeling his daughter is going to have a role next season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Staplor wrote: »
    If Brody to take on a Dexter ghost dad role I will give up on this show. If they're doing a total reboot then it could well be interesting.

But is he really dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

evilivor wrote: »
    But is he really dead?

I've been pondering this in my useless life over the last few days. In whose interests would it be to fake the hanging and keep him back as a space ace ?
    And who could do that ?
    Nobody unless an outside player more powerful than Javadi is introduced. Or the ashtray didn't do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

What a rapid descent into utter farce. Season 1 was great TV, 2 was pretty interesting as the scope increased. Season 3 is dreadful, such a simplistic view of foreign policy, such a ludicrous plot for so many reasons.

Was there a change in writers or producers ? It became so bad so quickly it was sort of hard to believe.

Glad it's over, probably wont bother with series 4. This from series 1 being one of my favourite shows at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I am pie wrote: »
    What a rapid descent into utter farce. Season 1 was great TV, 2 was pretty interesting as the scope increased. Season 3 is dreadful, such a simplistic view of foreign policy, such a ludicrous plot for so many reasons.

Was there a change in writers or producers ? It became so bad so quickly it was sort of hard to believe.

Glad it's over, probably wont bother with series 4. This from series 1 being one of my favourite shows at the time.

Yes.

First of all a writer/producer died last spring and another writer went off to so another project.

Then you have Claire Danes producing season 3. So what you have is the Claire Danes vanity project. She is a two note actress. Did anyone. Office the chemistry totally changed between Carrie and Brody? That safe house scene was weirder than weird. My guess is that the relationship changed off screen; CD no longer co worker with DL but boss and employer of DL.

Finale was so bad in so many ways I just don't know where to start with all its problems, but CD has to start getting a clue.

Yes.

First of all a writer/producer died last spring and another writer went off to so another project.

Then you have Claire Danes producing season 3. So what you have is the Claire Danes vanity project. She is a two note actress. Did anyone. Office the chemistry totally changed between Carrie and Brody? That safe house scene was weirder than weird. My guess is that the relationship changed off screen; CD no longer co worker with DL but boss and employer of DL.

Finale was so bad in so many ways I just don't know where to start with all its problems, but CD has to start getting a clue.

Well, DL is a traitor (even he can't remember who he's actually loyal to) - she's still a working field agent. Add in the fact that he's now a daddy to a kid she doesn't really want. That'd mess your head up.
    As for producers - most don't have any power and its used as an excuse to not give people payrises. But this show has way too many on the credits. That might work for South Park or The Simpsons where the episodes are self-contained but not in a piece thats meant to work as a whole. It looks more like writing by committee than a creative dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

That felt like a series finale to me with Brody going or is he really gone?
    Well the show did string us along for a few seasons as someone posted early on, he should have finished off what he started in season 1.

I forgot there was a fourth season? until the announcer said it!

As It reminded me of the Firefly ep The Message, it later became the series finale of that show, incidentally Morena Baccarin was in it also!

Some answers on the 4th season i found here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

how did she get pregers if he was a junkie in he flats at the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

how did she get pregers if he was a junkie in he flats at the time?
    They did the dance with no pants back in Series 2 - before Brody went on the run.

I quite enjoyed Series 3. A bit far-fetched at times, left me wondering when their luck would run out ... and then it ran out. I had to think about why Jahvadi let Carrie go, but since he was the only one in the country who knew about her involvement, I figure that putting her on trial would have exposed him to too many questions about her. She just had to disappear, and he could afford to be lenient since she gave him what he needed to cement his position.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Catching up last night (10 and 11) and tonight. Still a bit bonkers at times, but it's within the show's DNA.

Solid opening moments, and safe house chat between Brodie and Carrie. A Bin Laden style chopper raid was never on the cards, those Iranian blokes sure like their vehicle spotlights and swift justice. The Jivadi dynamic was always going to split things. Thought Brody's execution was well done, haunting. Shifted gears with the time jump a little, and Lockhart is probably a little too pally to trust. The Carrie/Saul hug, etc, didn't really feel like a final goodbye. He'll still be kicking around somehow in the loop, I suspect.

The star on the wall? So Carrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Catching up last night (10 and 11) and tonight. Still a bit bonkers at times, but it's within the show's DNA.

Solid opening moments, and safe house chat between Brodie and Carrie. A Bin Laden style chopper raid was never on the cards, those Iranian blokes sure like their vehicle spotlights and swift justice. The Jivadi dynamic was always going to split things. Thought Brody's execution was well done, haunting. Shifted gears with the time jump a little, and Lockhart is probably a little too pally to trust. The Carrie/Saul hug, etc, didn't really feel like a final goodbye. He'll still be kicking around somehow in the loop, I suspect.

The star on the wall? So Carrie.

Star on the wall was very Angela Chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I guess Carrie and Quinn will be pushed together next season now

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

Thanks for the heads up that the episode was going to be a tearjerker, RTE. Took me all of ten seconds to figure out what that meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've been pondering this in my useless life over the last few days. In whose interests would it be to fake the hanging and keep him back as a space ace ?
    And who could do that ?
    Nobody unless an outside player more powerful than Javadi is introduced. Or the ashtray didn't do the job.

Saul is/was calling the shots with Javadi,he could want him alive out of loyality or for Carries sake or yet another crazy Homeland plot twist.
    Javadi might also want him alive as he's aware of Carries affection for him and may be useful as a bargaining chip
    Don't think they'd kill such a central character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Thanks for the heads up that the episode was going to be a tearjerker, RTE. Took me all of ten seconds to figure out what that meant.

Yeah f*cking RTE ... dopes ... running with that love/hate shiote ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I thought it was mad that Saul and the missus were chatting about the Iran nuclear/sanctions deal that just happened last week; http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/24/iran-nuclear-deal-west-sanctions-relief

Life imitates art?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

One of the oddest season finales I've seen tbh.

The scene with Brody swinging in the breeze should have been the last of the episode and the series (and probably the entire show) but wtf was going on in the last 20 mins or so :confused::mad::confused::mad:

Saul fannying about at the beach; Carrie mooching about etc. :confused::mad: Save that as filler for the start of next season....it was a real dud of an ending to a bizarre series which had come close to almost redeeming itself in the last 3 or 4 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ok so to get this timeline of season 3 right, we're talking less than 4 months since the Langley bombing (as Carrie is only 4 months pregnant) and all these things happened:

Brody escapes the country, ends up in South America, is captured and becomes a junkie. Then he is brought back to the US, put on a crash course detox and boot camp to turn him into a killing machine, is sent over to Iran where he is caught, convinces them he is actually on their side, and then manages to take out the top man .... all in less than 4 months!

Life imitates art it certainly isn't!

If only things moved this quick in real life we might get this middle east situation sorted before Christmas! :)

A couple of things I found funny in the final episode (I've given up on the series following season 3 as it has descended a long way from season 1 so don't get annoyed at these things any more)
    Brody just walks out of the room and building after killing Akbari, the most protected man in Iran we were led to believe, looking as guilty as he could possibly look, and not one person thinks he looks suspicious.
    Brody, the most wanted man in Iran, is brought to his execution, through an angry hate filled mob, in one little old police car with absolutely no protection in front or behind the car - I'm sure some of that mob would have preferred to tear him limb from limb rather than have an old fashioned hanging.
    Carrie, in the midst of this angry hate filled mob, makes it as clear as she can that she is with Brody, and then just walks away from the hanging - again I'm sure some of that mob would have turned on anyone they felt was with Brody at that point in time.

I think the writers were confused about whether they wanted this to be a politically driven show or an old fashioned love story and clearly lost focus on the former at the expense of the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I get the feeling I'm in the minority- but I quite enjoyed the series finale last night. Season 1 was so tightly written, it made the second series look like such a let down. And the first few episodes of Season 3 (The Dana show...) were really making me lose hope! The last 6 episodes of Season 3 has redeemed Homeland for me though.

I know that the whole Dana storyline was the catalyst for Brody deciding to go along with the CIA mission, but my God they dragged the arse out of it... I really didn't think they would kill off Brody, but the series really needed it.

Everything is set up now for Carrie to take her team (Quinn, Fara, Virgil...) on the road for S4. And with Saul working as a freelancer, we will see just as much of him as ever. As reboots go, it might be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see Clare Danes is a producer on the show. I wonder how much pull she had on setting it up for a season 4. If out hadn't of been fir her would they have made the logical choice and let it die off. These massive sorry rewrites never really work imo

I usually start to worry about where a show is going when I start to see the main actors involved as producers or when they start to direct episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Can't understand why some people are glad that Brody is dead, all the best episodes involved him and Damien Lewis gave a great performance. Loved the show and was really annoyed when they killed off Brody so maybe that's a good thing as everything can't have happy endings. I cannot see how it will work without Brody and Saul, especially as Saul's replacement Lockhart has the personality of a cabbage but who knows what series 4 will bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Season 4?!
    I assumed it was the finale, of like, ever.

Season 4 is gonna be serious, grade A rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

should just leave it at that great 1st series decent second terrible third with a terrible ending but its an ending a proper one no need to do anymore no chance it gets picked up for a 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I think someone else said it already, but if Brody had blown himself up in season 1 and the whole thing came to an end it would have been one of the greatest shows ever. Even if he hadn't and the show finished with us left wondering about him it would have been a classic. Ah well.

Still, despite where it's gone now, I have enjoyed a lot of it. Every now and then you need some pulp. Fúck sake, I watched all of Lost. I'm loving the Blacklist.....
    Hopefully there'll be a lot more Quinn and Saul and have Carrie on maternity leave next year.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I think someone else said it already, but if Brody had blown himself up in season 1 and the whole thing came to an end it would have been one of the greatest shows ever. Even if he hadn't and the show finished with us left wondering about him it would have been a classic. Ah well.

Still, despite where it's gone now, I have enjoyed a lot of it. Every now and then you need some pulp. Fúck sake, I watched all of Lost. I'm loving the Blacklist.....
    Hopefully there'll be a lot more Quinn and Saul and have Carrie on maternity leave next year.

At this point a Homeland / Sleepy Hollow mash-up might be on the cards. Carrie chasing the Headless Horseman around Istanbul. She's not quite sure if he exists but the voices in her head say he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Check this out - it's a brilliant p1sstake of the Dana saga :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibTWwWy_b7k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

It was actually quite a convincing star, maybe no one will notice.

I'll bet Lockhart will have counted them the next day and found the extra one. It's like something he'd do! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wonder if season four will focus on Saul getting his job back with Quinn in place of Carrie?

Let Carrie go and use her as a background character from here on since she doesn't have much to do without Brody.

Advertisement