Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T&K Brackets and Pole

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

It would make more sense to start low down, even just for ease of access, & only raise the dish if you have to but you probably already have an idea of what satellites can (or can't) be seen from the mounting point.

I think Ive got all the sats so far except for Arabsat/Badr 26

Just did a blind scan on Hotbird and picked up 1584 out of the total available of 1619 according to Kingofsat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

This is the kind of install snaps is referring to (& myself when I mentioned the "very short length" of pole needed).

Obviously, if you need to get up higher than where the brackets are secured, you can't use this method.

Thats the best way of securing a heavy load. Just to note iba, I had no problems with 26 east here in the west. Had mbc nearly all the time on my 1.1, but the lnb skew was at 0 (No skew at all). Is it you that has the tree problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

snaps wrote: »
    Thats the best way of securing a heavy load. Just to note iba, I had no problems with 26 east here in the west. Had mbc nearly all the time on my 1.1, but the lnb skew was at 0 (No skew at all). Is it you that has the tree problems?

No, its not me with the tree problems - I wonder if the farmer has cut down those tress for him yet

I was able to get 26 before on my multi set-up - but I might have house problems. The new dish is slightly nearer my house now and I wont be able to cut the house in half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If your getting all the says, try to drive it to 26 east (I think I had my position set to 25.8). Then just adjust the whole mount and dish elevation to see if it will come in. Losing a little signal from the stronger satellites is compromise.

Advertisement