Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T&K Brackets and Pole

Options
  • 15-04-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where in Dublin I could purchase T&K Brackets and a Pole - a bricks and motor shop?

I rang both of my local builders providers and they don't stock them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mousi

dont know of a bricks n mortar shop but tvtrade do them with next day delivery
    http://www.tvtrade.ie/12-wall-brackets-tk-kit.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me where in Dublin I could purchase T&K Brackets and a Pole - a bricks and motor shop?

I rang both of my local builders providers and they don't stock them.

Thanks
    I got mine from satworld.ie They used to have a B&M shop in Kimmage, but I think they have moved over to the Old Naas Road in Bluebell (although when I checked their website just now, there was no mention of that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Johnmb wrote: »
    I got mine from satworld.ie They used to have a B&M shop in Kimmage, but I think they have moved over to the Old Naas Road in Bluebell (although when I checked their website just now, there was no mention of that!).

Think this is them now

http://www.eiretv.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

http://www.satworld.ie/contact.php

Directions, maps etc to their new Old Naas Rd showroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Maplin Stock them , No cheap mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

galait wrote: »

Went to Maplins after work actually, and didnt see them there. Also checked in Woodies, not there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BowWow

B&Q do poles and brackets.

BowWow wrote: »

Thanks, but cant see them on their website though

Have seen them in the Swords store - think their site is not up to date with the examinership.

Try this - UK stores.
    http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electrical/tv-satellite-communication/tv-satellite/aerials___brackets

Anyone know where I can buy 50mm U-Bolts in Dublin on a Saturday morning?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

galait wrote: »
    BowWow wrote: »

Rip off merchants with anything like this. Steer well clear of the above.

TV trade or satworld are best locally.

dodzy wrote: »
    Rip off merchants with anything like this. Steer well clear of the above.

TV trade or satworld are best locally.

I will never buy anything from TVTrade again. I emailed them and explained to them what I was doing and I bought the T and K Brackets from them and the pole and the U-Bolts. But the pole is not fit for purpose and they shopuld never have told me that it would do the job. So as far as Im concerned they are instead of being satelitte experts just another bunch of money grabing xxxxxxx.
    Had to source another pole that was fit for the job and eventually got one yesterday from bluesteel in Killshane.
    So all in all TVTrade just made about €20 from me by selling me things that cant do the job
    Got the UBolts in Halfords BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you ever need this stuff again satworld have a great selection of brackets, bolts etc.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Anyone know where I can buy 50mm U-Bolts in Dublin on a Saturday morning?

Sorry - a bit late - but I'd guess that car exhaust fitters stock them.

See picture at the bottom of this page for bolt instructions.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/T%26K_bracket.htm

Tony wrote: »
    If you ever need this stuff again satworld have a great selection of brackets, bolts etc.

Thnaks, but the poles you have too are not suitable - not long enough or strong enough for what I need.

Liameter wrote: »
    Sorry - a bit late - but I'd guess that car exhaust fitters stock them.

See picture at the bottom of this page for bolt instructions.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/T%26K_bracket.htm

Got them in Halfords

Good site that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'm not sure why you are saying this, I do not work at Satworld??

Thnaks, but the poles you have too are not suitable - not long enough or strong enough for what I need.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you are saying this, I do not work at Satworld??

Woops, sorry - got mixed up when you wrote Satworld in ur post. I know you work in satelitte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I will never buy anything from TVTrade again. I emailed them and explained to them what I was doing and I bought the T and K Brackets from them and the pole and the U-Bolts. But the pole is not fit for purpose and they shopuld never have told me that it would do the job. So as far as Im concerned they are instead of being satelitte experts just another bunch of money grabing xxxxxxx.
    Had to source another pole that was fit for the job and eventually got one yesterday from bluesteel in Killshane.
    So all in all TVTrade just made about €20 from me by selling me things that cant do the job
    Got the UBolts in Halfords BTW

You've surprised me there. Did you explain to them after you received the goods they were not fit for the job, bit harsh you coming out with a rant like that. Was it just the pole that was not good enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

The strongest stuff tvtrade show on their website is 1.25" galvanised steel 20 gauge.

I believe OP here wants it to mount a motor & unless tvtrade have an unadvertised stronger pole available, he should have known himself it wasn't really good enough.

Any half decent builders' providers should have galvanised steel tubing in various sizes & only a very short length should be needed for a motor, unless there's a need to clear an obstacle or something.

snaps wrote: »
    You've surprised me there. Did you explain to them after you received the goods they were not fit for the job, bit harsh you coming out with a rant like that. Was it just the pole that was not good enough?

Yesthe pole. Maybe your right and I should not have written it; but I was very angry because I emailed them and asked them what I needed for the job I was doing and they told me to get that pole.

The strongest stuff tvtrade show on their website is 1.25" galvanised steel 20 gauge.

I believe OP here wants it to mount a motor & unless tvtrade have an unadvertised stronger pole available, he should have known himself it wasn't really good enough.

Any half decent builders' providers should have galvanised steel tubing in various sizes & only a very short length should be needed for a motor, unless there's a need to clear an obstacle or something.

I didnt know myself, and thats why I asked the experts.

I actually went to 2 Builders providers and rang another 4 and none of them stocked the pole or u-bolts. Eventually got the proper pole in bluesteel.ie and the ubolts in Halfords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

If you had said in your OP here what you wanted the brackets & pole for, I'm sure someone could have offered advice as to exactly what you needed & where to get it.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    If you had said in your OP here what you wanted the brackets & pole for, I'm sure someone could have offered advice as to exactly what you needed & where to get it.

Yeah, no doubt

But anyway, look theres no point in crying over spilled milk so lets just move on and close this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

if your putting a motor and dish on the pole, make sure it goes in between the 2 brackets. If it goes up above the T bracket, make sure its not too far up otherwise it will swing in the wind and you wont lock on. Ive gotten rid of my motor now and moved to fixed dish/multi lnb setup using 8x1 diseqc switch's on 2 stbs.

snaps wrote: »
    if your putting a motor and dish on the pole, make sure it goes in between the 2 brackets. If it goes up above the T bracket, make sure its not too far up otherwise it will swing in the wind and you wont lock on. Ive gotten rid of my motor now and moved to fixed dish/multi lnb setup using 8x1 diseqc switch's on 2 stbs.

Thats an interesting idea; I never thought of that - might try that in the future depending on whether it picks up a signal or not. At the moment its 8ft up, but Ill bring it down as low as I can.

Yeah, I saw your pic on 'whats your set-up' - very nice.

A quick work-in-progress pic attached.

This is the kind of install snaps is referring to (& myself when I mentioned the "very short length" of pole needed).

Obviously, if you need to get up higher than where the brackets are secured, you can't use this method.

This is the kind of install snaps is referring to (& myself when I mentioned the "very short length" of pole needed).

Obviously, if you need to get up higher than where the brackets are secured, you can't use this method.

Its a great idea - Ill give it a go sometime in the future.

• Advertisement

It would make more sense to start low down, even just for ease of access, & only raise the dish if you have to but you probably already have an idea of what satellites can (or can't) be seen from the mounting point.

Advertisement