Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Department of foreigners.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

mp22 wrote: »
    Do we borrow that money just to give it away?

We do, yeah. And pay it back with interest.

Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Wayne if it was a white kid born in america to an Irish parent, would it be ok then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

She is irish through the deceased sperm donor. In other words, Irish by default. She hasnt even set foot in the kip.

Citizenship is just a piece of paper, albeit, an important piece of paper.

It's part of her heritage. And now she's as Irish as you and I.

And you fecking can't do a thing about it. Buddy. :D

old hippy wrote: »

If I ever have a kid (with my non national wife) and then die, should my child be denied his or heritage?

Why do you always make the discussion about your personal life?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Citizenship,
    26000e
    And free entry for her mother and her parents to ireland
    Not bad for a few quick shags with a soldier

Whats next a mini TV series

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    Wayne if it was a white kid born in america to an Irish parent, would it be ok then?

Nah, he'd be equally upset about it. I was born and raised in Ireland (one of the parents is American) but he still doesn't consider me Irish :D

srsly78 wrote: »

If the exact same scenario was played out?

No.

Why do you always make the discussion about your personal life?

Hey, Buddy. Just playing the game how you like it. Bro.

Why do you always say the same old thing?

Nah, he'd be equally upset about it. I was born and raised in Ireland (one of the parents is American) but he still doesn't consider me Irish :D

You are half Irish, half American. I told you that already.

Gatling wrote: »
    Citizenship,
    26000e
    And free entry for her mother and her parents to ireland
    Not bad for a few quick shags with a soldier

Whats next a mini TV series

And a new low is achieved. Squalid post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

latenia wrote: »
    I could travel the world spreading my seed and impregnate 1000 women a year..........

Cost you a fortune in oysters though.

Ah so you have to be FULL Irish to get citizenship.

So Wayne, what if your dad was half irish, is 75% Irish enough?

You are half Irish, half American. I told you that already.

I'm Irish. Lived there all my life until I didn't. Only have one passport; an Irish one.

I'm Irish with American heritage, go back further and there's Scottish and other lines as well.

Do you want a DNA test for racial purity, buddy?

And a new low is achieved. Squalid post.

Facts speak for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Her late father didn't take it to your fanciful extremes, though, did he?

Why us there no way she should get residency?

If I ever have a kid (with my non national wife) and then die, should my child be denied his or heritage?

I was illustrating the unsound principle behind allowing the product of random foreign flings access to everything the state offers. If it's ok in one instance as you say, ergo it's ok in 1000 instances.

Facts speak for themselves

A nasty, ill informed post. Says more about you than her.

So what happens to kids that have parents from different countries? You think they should get no passport at all? Or that they should only get the passport of wherever they were geographically born?

latenia wrote: »
    I was illustrating the unsound principle behind allowing the product of random foreign flings access to everything the state offers. If it's ok in one instance as you say, ergo it's ok in 1000 instances.

It's not 1000 instances. It's one. And even if it was more; so what? She has a right to avail of her heritage. Fair play to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Lapin wrote: »
    She is probably better off staying in Eritrea.

Simon Coveny has just signed a pledge on behalf of the Irish Government to commit millions of euros in foreign aid over the next few years.
    Decent out of him when you consider how fcuked the country is. Unless of course some of the money is coming from his daddy's offshore accounts from his days scamming the good folks of Ireland.

Wonder if the Army are going to promote safe sex

Right lads

Wrap up or loose half your pension

All for the cost of a quickie

• Advertisement

more personal info......

Didnt you say that your better half is from Japan? I dont think Japan allows dual citizenship(proper order :D). So he would have to choose between one or the other!

Wonder if the Army are going to promote safe sex

Right lads

Wrap up or loose half your pension

All for the cost of a quickie

What are you implying?

Didnt you say that your better half is from Japan? I dont think Japan allows dual citizenship(proper order :D). So he would have to choose between one or the other!

Well, Wayne, in that case he or she would indeed have to chose between one or the other. And still, you'd have no say about it, whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Looks like the army haven't learned their lesson from the deafness claims debacle, the troops are still firing off live rounds without protection.

Well, Wayne, in that case he or she would indeed have to chose between one or the other. And still, you'd have no say about it, whatsoever.

There is an awful lot one can do. For example, if a Chinese national obtains non Chinese citizenship, they automatically lose their Chinese citizenship. Ditto for Indians. All their names are listed on the department of justices website. The irish government doesnt inform these countries that their nationals were naturalized here.

Im not that much of a bollocks or a rat, but I wouldnt be so smug with your theres nothing you can do spiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

antodeco wrote: »
    Is there anything Bono isn't involved in?

Even the new Bishop of Limerick has drawn inspiration from Mr. Bono!!

There is an awful lot one can do. For example, if a Chinese national obtains non Chinese citizenship, they automatically lose their Chinese citizenship. Ditto for Indians. All their names are listed on the department of justices website. The irish government doesnt inform these countries that their nationals were naturalized here.

Im not that much of a bollocks or a rat, but I wouldnt be so smug with your theres nothing you can do spiel.

Ok Wayne. What are you going to do?

You're a man of action, you recently harrassed Irish citizens on their way to prayer to query them how they feel about gays and non believers. What's your next move, regarding the new addition to our country?

A rousing cead mile failte? A picket of one outside the Department? A leafleting campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

This is the worst ****in thread ever.

OP, if i knew where you lived id buy a salmon slap you with it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Even if its at the hard pressed taxpayers expense?

We send these countries 700 million euro per annum. That should be enough.
    €700 million should be enough to get Eritrea back on its feet?

Careful now. You're speaking as a citizen of a country who took €22 billion in funds from the IMF, some of it donated by ridiculously poor countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Ok Wayne. What are you going to do?

You're a man of action, you recently harrassed Irish citizens on their way to prayer to query them how they feel about gays and non believers. What's your next move, regarding the new addition to our country?

A rousing cead mile failte? A picket of one outside the Department? A leafleting campaign?
    PM phone numbers, ye can text each other. Might be less dull that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement