Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister why so popular

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

anncoates wrote: »
    How do you manage to avoid to avoid consumerism totally?

Do you grow your own food, make your own clothes, create your own internet etc?

Of course not I am well aware of the sort of society we live in and I cant disengage from it, however I can have an opinion on the consumerist life style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

ridiculously long lasting.

Such good quality.

the fit is good.

jealousy/dislike towards people wearing the brand as opposed to the actual brand from OP for some strange reason!?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Would probably shop there if every item of male clothing wasn't a mobile billboard.
    Could never bring myself to buy a piece of clothing with the brand name printed all over it in huge letters. Seems tacky to me. If i'm going to be a walking advertisement I'd prefer to be paid for my services.

ridiculously long lasting.

Such good quality.

the fit is good.

jealousy/dislike towards people wearing the brand as opposed to the actual brand from OP for some strange reason!?

If thats the reason people are bying the brand that great, but if you listened to the vox pop that was on the radio when both those brands came to Ireland thats not the main reason people were interested in buying the clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Hollister: 12-21 yr olds...

A&F: 21+

Basically the same clothes, just aimed at different markets and the price difference says that. I find it funny seeing older fellas wearing hollister around the place. Personally, the quality of both is very good. Just over priced, which gives it the "cool factor". Used to be big into A&F, now it's just too common, espeically with the amount of counterfeit versions around.

• Advertisement

Connorzee wrote: »

Basically the same clothes, just aimed at different markets and the price difference says that. I find it funny seeing older fellas wearing hollister around the place. Personally, the quality of both is very good. Just over priced, which gives it the "cool factor". Used to be big into A&F, now it's just too common, espeically with the amount of counterfeit versions around.

You are a marketing team dream they have convinced you that overpricing clothes gives them the " cool factor "

Connorzee wrote: »

I actually think they are great value (when bought in the US) to be honest. Much cheaper than other top brands but you still have the quality and fit. They are too expensive in Ireland and the UK compared to the prices in the US so I just buy loads when I'm over there or get someone else to pick up stuff for me over there.

I don't really buy into the age profile either, I'm 28 and wear one or the other of A&F or Hollister almost everyday at work and/or for going out at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

A testament to young people's insecurity, lack of imagination and shallowness says this happy young person. I presume its mainly the mid to right wingers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Hollister and abercrombie make the same **** for like 6 months then switch to something else. Where as Zara changes everything every 10 days depending on what is selling.

I liked Abercrombie and hollister until it opened here. Now every ah jaysus howiya is wearing it from head to toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

mariaalice wrote: »
    You are a marketing team dream they have convinced you that overpricing clothes gives them the " cool factor "

I never said i saw it as cool or anything like that. I'm saying thats how they have it marketed, hence my inverted commas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement