Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Curran wants your spondoolicks.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I happen to think RTE does a fairly good job considering its small budget. The amount of rabid and unthinking criticism of everything it does gets quite wearisome after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

RTE One and Two are absolutely terrible stations. Those Irish produced 'dramas' and 'comedies' are some of the most excruciatingly bad things I've ever seen. Fair City combines the misery of Eastenders with even higher levels of bad acting. The comedies they produce are about as funny as genital warts.

Why anyone would go online to watch any nonsense RTE produces is beyond me.

love hate and Trivia are as good as anything produced by the bbc channel4 or hbo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

love hate and Trivia are as good as anything produced by the bbc channel4 or hbo

Thats simply a matter of opinion, love/hate is good but i think theres shows on the BBC and from the states that are far superior. I have no time for anything on irish telly anymore unless its a repeat of something from BBC like top gear. All i would watch on RTE is sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Would I remove my box set of Oz to make room for either.
    Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

ken wrote: »
    Does that mean they'll start paying boards when they lift stuff from here wholemeal?.

It's "wholegrain". D'uh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It's "wholegrain". D'uh.

It's "wholesale". D'uh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Seems like a good idea, I wish the BBC would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

Cienciano wrote: »
    No idea, I never pay it

How are you 'forced to pay it' then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I don't see the issue , the Beeb charge for example ( if you are not in the UK or have a UK VPN )

Do they? I thought they just blocked (not very effectively) I'd consider paying for Beeb content.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ScumLord wrote: »
    Seems like a good idea, I wish the BBC would do it.

PM sent.

• Advertisement

I
    The fact that I'm forced to pay €170 a year for this
    No idea, I never pay it

Bit of a contradiction there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How are you 'forced to pay it' then?
    Bit of a contradiction there

It was a joke. I laughed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    It's "wholesale". D'uh.

I'll pm you in advance the next time I intend to make a joke, so you can have a bit of time to work it out.

Advertisement