Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain this!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I once asked for and was served a bottle of cider. It was in a Harp bottle, a Harp bottle with Bulmers labels.

Mother Nature and her many miracles, they never cease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

OP I strongly urge you to take this matter elsewhere and get someone to recommend a fraud psychic in order to resolve this matter.

"Suspect was hatless! I repeat - hatless!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Just remembered this earlier and still to this day I have no idea how it bloody got there :pac:

When I was 16 I was working in the Deli department of Dunnes Stores and one day i was 'facing off' the products (aka, making them look neat) and I came across a carton of soup. So I grab it with the idea of bringing it back to the soup isle. But I look at it and it was a Roches Stores branded soup :confused: ... in dunnes stores .... on the shelf of dunnes stores. So I bring it to the manager and he too was like "how the **** did that get here?" :pac:

The dunnes i worked for was in a shopping centre and on the other side of the centre was a Roches Stores food court. But HOW in the hell did it get there lol.

Enlighten me with your theories.

Its was part of a scam that probably didn't get completed !!!

Let me explain...

A person will buy the soup in Roche's and have a receipt, Then he will go into Dunnes and leave the soup by the soup aisle, Then he will leave the store without paying for anything.
    A few minutes later he will re enter the store and hopefully by this stage he will have the attention of security, So while the camera's follow him he picks up the soup and puts it blatantly in his jacket and walks out.
    Then obviously once he leaves the building he will be approached by security and stopped.

And then it goes a little something like this :eek:

"Excuse me, Sir, Can I have a word with you ?
    "I have reason to believe you left this store without paying for an item, Your coming to the office with me and I find anything the guards will be called"

So basically the guy after all of this then whips out the receipt and claims he bought it in Roche's and only came into Dunnes to compare prices and will say he left his soup there and only came back to get it.

And the finale would be the " You embarrassed me, people will think I'm a thief" which in turn leads to the threats of calling a solicitor and complaining to the store manager etc etc so an offer of money will be made to calm the situation and then the crafty scammer leaves the store with a fat wallet..:)

Advertisement